Canada vs. Jamaica Sept. 2nd 2017 - Pre-Match thread

jpg75

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Can you see OZ starting Leutwiler?  Sure as hell won't be Pantemis.

I feel like I am missing something here. Where is Max Crepeau? He was #2 at the Gold Cup and would probably be our starter for tomorrow since we don't have Borjan. Why isn't he on the roster?

6 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

I feel like I am missing something here. Where is Max Crepeau? He was #2 at the Gold Cup and would probably be our starter for tomorrow since we don't have Borjan. Why isn't he on the roster?

TFC may have the weekend off, but Montreal does not - they play at the exact same time as Canada and I guess they wanted to keep Crepeau to make sure that they have a capable back-up if Busch gets injured or gets sent off, which is fair enough.

17 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

TFC may have the weekend off, but Montreal does not - they play at the exact same time as Canada and I guess they wanted to keep Crepeau to make sure that they have a capable back-up if Busch gets injured or gets sent off, which is fair enough.

If Blackburn could spare their backup for a friendly being played half a world away, you would think Montreal would send their backup to a game just down the 401. I see what you mean though.

11 hours ago, ted said:

They are just yanking your chain. Of course it's meaningless, it is a "friendly" as opposed to a "competitive" game in a sanctioned tournament. :)

But of course the "meaning" attached to any game we play is huge. I am sure that this one single game will decide the fate of:

• The CanPL
  • The united bid for the WC
  • The future of all our coaches, players and technical staff
  • The future of life as we know it on this planet

See how quickly that can escalate. ;)

I been told on good authority this game is for ALL the marbles... and the championship of the universe... and ALL the other universes...

I was wondering why this game wasn't showing up on Soccerway, and then I checked more closely and they have it listed as a "Non FIFA friendly":  http://us.soccerway.com/matches/2017/09/03/world/friendlies/canada/jamaica/2584755/

This seems odd ... not sure if it means anything, but obviously it could mean that it doesn't count toward ranking.

Does anyone know more?

2 hours ago, Addona said:

I was wondering why this game wasn't showing up on Soccerway, and then I checked more closely and they have it listed as a "Non FIFA friendly":  http://us.soccerway.com/matches/2017/09/03/world/friendlies/canada/jamaica/2584755/

This seems odd ... not sure if it means anything, but obviously it could mean that it doesn't count toward ranking.

Does anyone know more?

Funny thing is this game was always announced on the FIFA site and now it has disappeared. Not sure why.

2 hours ago, aloyol said:

Funny thing is this game was always announced on the FIFA site and now it has disappeared. Not sure why.

I noticed that too. As I mentioned earlier on the thread, I emailed FIFA about it but haven't heard back from them yet. It would be a real shame if we could get a win, but not the FIFA ranking points.

This will be a good test for us.  We'll see if Jamaica can continue their stout, organized defending which carried them through the GC.  Though Arfield's dead ball service and open play attacking support will be missed, I'm hoping we can "pound the rock" here and finish whatever chances that we are able to create.  It would be nice if Larin's poaching instincts were razor sharp this evening.

30 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

He will surely be a busy man tonight! 

Now it's really gonna be exciting to watch 

IMG_3527.PNG

Actually happy about this. Love me some Andre Blake.

Side note I'm bringing my GF to her first game so I'm excited. My last game was the friendly against Jamaica in 2014. Hoping for a great showing. I'm 2-0 so far for Canada so if they win again tonight I may have powers.

16 hours ago, king1010 said:

Tickets look to be moving well. They've almost sold all seats pre expansion. Looks to be a crowd of about 20k for tomorrow. Great for a friendly. 4 years ago we were getting 16k for wcq at BMO. 

Unseasonably cool and windy in toronto. Not terrible weather so hopefully still get a decent walk up crowd.

Archived