Confirmed selection for the september game against Jamaica

shamrock

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Excellent! Will it be Crepeau & Leutwiler only? Or do you think Borjan will accept the call up even if he has some very important matches to play with Red Star Belgrade 

On 15/08/2017 at 1:35 PM, shamrock said:

I guess Akindele is also highly likely, considering Coach mentioned this game in particular while explaining his absence on te GC Roster.

Dallas is playing on the same day, so I wouldn't be surprised that Akindele doesn't make it. Same for Piette, Crépeau, Larin and Johnson.

Borjan should stay with RED STAR.  Let him get established there, Leutwiler needs to get a game in to show what he can do.

I wonder if Kaye gets called again? He has had a nice run since the gold cup, 4 games, 2 goals for Louisville.  And if we are calling mainly NA guys, why not Beckie, Trafford, Kacher, Roberts or Didic??  Also any word if we finally see Wotherspoon and his freshly printed CDN paperwork?  

12 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Borjan should stay with RED STAR.  Let him get established there, Leutwiler needs to get a game in to show what he can do.

I wonder if Kaye gets called again? He has had a nice run since the gold cup, 4 games, 2 goals for Louisville.  And if we are calling mainly NA guys, why not Beckie, Trafford, Kacher, Roberts or Didic??  Also any word if we finally see Wotherspoon and his freshly printed CDN paperwork?  

By practicing? I mean Red Star isn`t playing games during the FIFA break. If there was one goalkeeper that should get established at his club, it`s Leutwiler, not Borjan, who will actually miss games. 

Oops, my bad, I read Thomas comment and thought Red star was playing, but you are right.  It always seems funny to me that the lower leagues dont stop for fifa windows.  But if Leutwiler is going as per the article anyway and missing a rovers game then he should definately start.  

5 minutes ago, Zem said:

Wow thats a surprise. Does this mean he is back in full time? Or is this a send off? 

Jeeze if we had him in the gold cup we could have really made a run to the final. We were better than jamaica

also Johnson is back after some said he was done for good

The GK picks are quite frankly disappointing. Thomas rides the bench in 2nd div Norway. Leutwiler is also 2nd choice and I don't even know what Pantemis is up to these days. Irving, Ingham and Farago were all available and are playing regular, particularly Irving.

11 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

The GK picks are quite frankly disappointing. Thomas rides the bench in 2nd div Norway. Leutwiler is also 2nd choice and I don't even know what Pantemis is up to these days. Irving, Ingham and Farago were all available and are playing regular, particularly Irving.

I thought Ingham was still dealing with concussion stuff.

Molinaro on the roster http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/atiba-hutchinson-canada-octavio-zambrano-jamaica-friendly/

but to answer questions  "Four notable players who played for Canada at the Gold Cup are not on this roster: midfielder Scott Arfield, defender Steven Vitoria, goalkeeper Milan Borjan and forward Lucas Cavallini. None of the players refused Zambrano’s call-up. Instead, they were given this game off because their respective club seasons just started, a Canada Soccer official told Sportsnet. The same official said that Hutchinson hasn’t made any decision as to whether he’ll play for Canada in the next round of World Cup qualifying."

Archived