2017 u15 CONCACAF Championship

harrycoyster

1 hour ago, harrycoyster said:

It appears that the tournament rules posted by US Soccer were wrong/based on a wrong Wikipedia entry, and that the 1st place finishers will play the second place finishers before moving on to the final instead of just playing a 3rd place game. 

Rules: http://www.concacaf.com/competitions/under-15s-menregulations

This means that we might actually want the US to win tomorrow. As it guarantees us second place with a win against lowly T&T and a semifinal match with Mexico. If Costa Rica beats the US and we don't overcome the goal differential with the US or the -2 differential with Costa Rica, we don't advance at all.

How are we -2 differential with CR?  Aren't we both +1 right now (4-3 for CR and 3-2 for us)?  That means we'd just have to beat T&T by more than CR would beat the U.S.?  This seems very manageable since if CR beats the U.S., I can't imagine it'll be by more than 1 goal (2 at the very most).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Anyone know if this will be streamed? I saw footage from the US match today. 

The US and Mexico games have been on Spanish language TV in the US. Albeit on a channel I don't receive. The CONCACAF Facebook page is only allowed to stream games that aren't optioned by a network, so there isn't a great chance we'll get to see games against Mexico or the US streamed legally.

23 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

The US and Mexico games have been on Spanish language TV in the US. Albeit on a channel I don't receive. The CONCACAF Facebook page is only allowed to stream games that aren't optioned by a network, so there isn't a great chance we'll get to see games against Mexico or the US streamed legally.

Is there is a feed, there is a way. 

2 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

The u15s just lost 3-0 to a talented Mexico team. Will play the loser of USA v Panama in the 3rd place game.

Not unexpected, I suppose.  Mexico has yet to concede in the tournament. 

It would be an accomplishment if this team could win the 3rd place match and begin to establish Canada as a clear #3 in CONCACAF.  It will take time but here is as good a time as any to start.

2 minutes ago, ray said:

Not unexpected, I suppose.  Mexico has yet to concede in the tournament. 

It would be an accomplishment if this team could win the 3rd place match and begin to establish Canada as a clear #3 in CONCACAF.  It will take time but here is as good a time as any to start.

Not that it is our fault or anything, but since Costa Rica vastly underestimated Canada and decided to sit all but a couple starters against us, the only team we've beat at full strength is the one team in Tier A that was ranked lower than us in T&T. Winning the third place game would be a hell of a statement that this team is for real and Panama is a very beatable team.

I had it playing the background at work:

I wasn't impressed really by either team.  Mexico was alright be certainly didn't dominate until the end when Canada was demoralized. 

1) First goal was a defender not blocking a cross in and it rolled through the 6 yard box.

2) Second goal was the keeper blocking a very easy shot and letting the rebound out for a tap in

3) Third goal was a cross that somehow turned into a shot.

The Goalkeeper had a game to forget. 

The game was actually pretty tight until it was 2-0; from that point on, Mexico unsurprisingly dominated, although that probably has more to do with Canada feeling defeated.

The goals that we conceded were pretty poor; first goal was just a defensive lapse, and the other two were bad goalkeeping errors. I think that 1-0 or 2-0 would've been fairer scorelines, based on our play today, and the way we conceded the three goals.

Some decent play here and there from our boys; just not enough in the end. I think we can beat Panama.

14 minutes ago, saladroit said:

So far, Claudio Reyna's kid looks like a top player.

Scary good. The American youth teams have become shockingly strong in the attack. Moving from a Pulisic/Wright/Perez cycle to a Weah/Sargent/Carleton cycle to a Reyna/Busio/Pynadath u17 cycle next year is just unfair.

Game ended 3-0. Thoroughly unimpressed by Panama who might not of had a shot on target the whole game. We definitely played the US tougher. 

Anyone have any highlights from any of Canada's games? 

L  | vs USA: 2-0 

W | vs Costa Rica 3-0

W | vs Trinidad & Tobago: 3-0

L | vs Mexico: 3-0

Good luck to them in the bronze medal game! Panama is a beatable opponent in my mind 

2 years from now these group of players could be representing us in the U-17 World Cup :) 

4 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

W | vs Costa Rica 3-0

Good luck to them in the bronze medal game! Panama is a beatable opponent in my mind 

2 years from now these group of players could be representing us in the U-17 World Cup :) 

23 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

W | vs Costa Rica 3-0

Apparently no bronze medal game ! Panama returns  home today according to fepafut.....

23 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

We should be further ahead at this age, closer talent gap. Kind of a disappointing showing.

Actually no, we're not. Countries with larger populations have an advantage at age restricted competitions. Mexico and the US should always have the advantage over us in youth competitions the same way we should have an advantage over the Jamaicas and T&T's.

14 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Actually no, we're not. Countries with larger populations have an advantage at age restricted competitions. Mexico and the US should always have the advantage over us in youth competitions the same way we should have an advantage over the Jamaicas and T&T's.

And we finished 3rd or 4th in our confederation, somewhere we are not close to at the senior level.

Edit: well one small victory against Jamaica close, but in quality not close that close to fourth.

I cant

7 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I can't make make that excuse for us, look at Holland and Sweden, Belgium and Iceland....

all are light years ahead of us of course, but we should do better given what we do have.

37 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I cant

I can't make make that excuse for us, look at Holland and Sweden, Belgium and Iceland....

all are light years ahead of us of course, but we should do better given what we do have.

Germany, Italy, France...

Iceland? What have they accomplished at the youth levels? Belgium and Sweden tend to have cycles of good and decent.

Archived