Who is TFC RED Brigade @TFCUNIVERSE0717?

Can someone here please tell me who is the person that owns the twitter account "TFC RED Brigade‏ @TFCUNIVERSE0717"? Is he known to be a shit disturber? He always writes anti CPL slogans on twitter with no proper rational? Does he work for TFC, and writes this shit on Twitter? Other than that, his account is filled with lots of racism towards Muslims. I think he is a Trump supporter.

CPL.jpg

Why would CPL General not do the job? There was a guy who used to go to TFC games in a Brigate Rosse themed t-shirt back in 2007 as I found out on a New York road trip when a passenger on the New York subway took exception to it and was probably about to start throwing punches before realizing that he was outnumbered by soccer fans from the Great White North, but suspect it's not him as a tweet about Colin Kaepernick doesn't seem to fit his politics, so given I can't nail down the culprit I will now file this firmly under who even cares because I certainly don't?

Good idea to start a new thread for this Pat.  New threads keep things organized and on topic.  For those who don't like it, just don't click on the thread.  

I see no problem with identifying anti CPL trolls in this way.  

Anyway TFC Red Brigade is a known troll who has been banned from Twitter and other platforms but always manages to come back using some variant of TFC Red Brigade.  I believe his real name is Duncan Green.  He goes to TFC games, and I don't think he is difficult to find if you ask around.     

He does not work for TFC or MLSE, he's just some guy who doesn't matter.  On the other hand, @KurtLarsun is an MLSE puppet, anti CPL troll account to look out for and avoid.

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

Good idea to start a new thread for this Pat.  New threads keep things organized and on topic.  For those who don't like it, just don't click on the thread.  

Anyway TFC Red Brigade is a known troll who has been banned from Twitter and other platforms but always manages to come back using some variant of TFC Red Brigade.  I believe his real name is Duncan Green.  He goes to TFC games, and I don't think he is difficult to find if you ask around.     

He does not work for TFC or MLSE, he's just some guy who doesn't matter.  On the other hand, @KurtLarsun is an MLSE puppet, anti CPL troll account to look out for and avoid.

Thanx BrennanFan! Thanx for unveiling his real identity. As a matter of fact, I dealt with this individual Duncan Green on Facebook. I had to ban him from my CPL Facebook group because he was causing lots of shit. He's a real shit disturbing individual. He lacks love and compassion. He needs help. Really!!!

5 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

I do because a) he's unimportant, if he bugs you troll him back b ) why bring attention to him c) that's doxing which is really unethical in this context and I don't think these boards should be used for that

14 hours ago, matty said:

I do because a) he's unimportant, if he bugs you troll him back b ) why bring attention to him c) that's doxing which is really unethical in this context and I don't think these boards should be used for that

I find this interesting. 

In some contexts (e.g. letters to the editor) you are required to sign your real name because there is a belief that you should stand behind your opinion - and that includes the minimal aspect of having it attributed to you.  And more and more comment forums are tying comments to established social media accounts in an attempt to eliminate the anonymity that allows people to advance objectionable views.

But in this context, the same activity is termed "doxing" by simply identifying a Twitter user and is claimed to be unethical. 

For me, the ethical issue may hinge on the intent.  I doubt any CPL boosters are going to track this guy down and threaten him, so I really doubt that there would be negative consequences associated with this identification. 

Purely theoretical discussion, but I do find it interesting that simply identifying someone who has voiced an opinion in a public forum is considered wrong.  In other contexts, that identification is not only not-wrong, but a prerequisite of advancing an opinion at all.

Pat Carrasco, you wouldn't exactly enjoy it if somebody asked on this forum about the faceless twitter account you had, and you were identified that way, would you exactly?

That's why I never hide behind faceless accounts, got my twitter account on my bio right here for any of y'all to see, feel free to holler over there or on Reddit or BigSoccer or wherever we discuss soccer or whatever.

Just now, ironcub14 said:

Pat Carrasco, you wouldn't exactly enjoy it if somebody asked on this forum about the faceless twitter account you had, and you were identified that way, would you exactly?

That's why I never hide behind faceless accounts, got my twitter account on my bio right here for any of y'all to see, feel free to holler over there or on Reddit or BigSoccer or wherever we discuss soccer or whatever.

Hey!!!! I never write shit disturbing rants like Duncan Greene. In fact, the guy still continues uttering threats to me on Facebook.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I find this interesting. 

In some contexts (e.g. letters to the editor) you are required to sign your real name because there is a belief that you should stand behind your opinion - and that includes the minimal aspect of having it attributed to you.  And more and more comment forums are tying comments to established social media accounts in an attempt to eliminate the anonymity that allows people to advance objectionable views.

But in this context, the same activity is termed "doxing" by simply identifying a Twitter user and is claimed to be unethical. 

For me, the ethical issue may hinge on the intent.  I doubt any CPL boosters are going to track this guy down and threaten him, so I really doubt that there would be negative consequences associated with this identification. 

Purely theoretical discussion, but I do find it interesting that simply identifying someone who has voiced an opinion in a public forum is considered wrong.  In other contexts, that identification is not only not-wrong, but a prerequisite of advancing an opinion at all.

Does writing a letter to the editor involve revealing a name (that might not belong to the troll), the fact he uses Facebook and a small number of users will know him and revealing that he goes to TFC games. A person can now be identified and located and that is unethical even if you don't think a CPL booster is going to track him down.

Aside from that, Twitter allows you to be anonymous to some extent, along with a number of platforms online including YouTube and Reddit. So it really doesn't matter what other platforms are doing.

26 minutes ago, Pat Carrasco said:

Hey!!!! I never write shit disturbing rants like Duncan Greene. In fact, the guy still continues uttering threats to me on Facebook.

I'm sorry to hear that the threats are getting personal between the two of you. I do think that you can deal with the issue yourself or take it to Facebook or the police or a similar body if you need, but I think you can see that this forum isn't going to go after anti-CPL trolls in a mob-like manner just because he says things that we disagree with.

I hardly think there's been a "mob-like" effort against the troll.  He asked who he was and people answered.  As for the American stereotypes can we leave them out.  You want the board to be better and than resort to cheap generic slags like that....

7 minutes ago, Rheo said:

I hardly think there's been a "mob-like" effort against the troll.  He asked who he was and people answered.  As for the American stereotypes can we leave them out.  You want the board to be better and than resort to cheap generic slags like that....

Agreed, I didn't even want to put it, wanted to leave the thread on a fun note. Will edit and won't do again.

As for the mob-like part, I felt it was very much hinted at on the OP for the board to partake in some efforts of such. My inference, could be wrong, my bad.

8 minutes ago, matty said:

Does writing a letter to the editor involve revealing a name (that might not belong to the troll), the fact he uses Facebook and a small number of users will know him and revealing that he goes to TFC games. A person can now be identified and located and that is unethical even if you don't think a CPL booster is going to track him down.

Aside from that, Twitter allows you to be anonymous to some extent, along with a number of platforms online including YouTube and Reddit. So it really doesn't matter what other platforms are doing.

Yes, a letter to the editor is signed (in print) and it is my understanding that the outlet makes an effort to confirm identity (other unprinted contact info is required).  

I guess I raise it because it is a relatively recent idea that people are entitled to anonymity while advancing (sometimes aggressive and objectionable) opinions in a public forum.  As a Gen Xer I tend to span the old world and the new world on some of these issues - that is why I found it interesting that you categorically claimed that this kind of identification is unethical.  There are a whole lot of people out there who would likely assert exactly the opposite - that it is unethical to hide behind a pseudonym while insulting people.  And I recognize that "Dyslexic Nam" isn't my given name, but I am hardly tossing out the kind of venemous rhetoric that is on this guy's Twitter account.   

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I guess I raise it because it is a relatively recent idea that people are entitled to anonymity while advancing (sometimes aggressive and objectionable) opinions in a public forum.  As a Gen Xer I tend to span the old world and the new world on some of these issues - that is why I found it interesting that you categorically claimed that this kind of identification is unethical.  There are a whole lot of people out there who would likely assert exactly the opposite - that it is unethical to hide behind a pseudonym while insulting people.  And I recognize that "Dyslexic Nam" isn't my given name, but I am hardly tossing out the kind of venemous rhetoric that is on this guy's Twitter account.   

I say it's unethical because this guy isn't doing anything other than posting really dumb opinions. There are claims of threats but there are avenues to take online to handle that which should be followed.

Doxing goes beyond identifying someone, which this thread has. It involves posting contact info, addresses, where you can find them. I know people who have been doxed and it's not fun and can be very, very scary.

Fair enough.  I guess that is why I didn't understand why this would be ID'd as doxing and then criticized on that basis. 

He may not be threatening people (though he may), but he is advancing some offensive (or at least objectionable) views, and there is a pretty basic idea that you shouldn't be angrily shouting opinions you aren't willing to be associated with.  His equation of misandry to all feminism is one I saw in his posts that kind of stuck out for me.  And while I know Twitter can be a terrible place to have an intelligent conversation, it does give people a platform from which they can shout their opinions.

Like I said, this is really more of an academic discussion for me.  Based on my experience, the idea that people are entitled to anonymity, when advancing aggressive and/or offensive views in a public space, is not a given.  And in fact, it is a pretty recent idea.   

18 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Fair enough.  I guess that is why I didn't understand why this would be ID'd as doxing and then criticized on that basis. 

He may not be threatening people (though he may), but he is advancing some offensive (or at least objectionable) views, and there is a pretty basic idea that you shouldn't be angrily shouting opinions you aren't willing to be associated with.  His equation of misandry to all feminism is one I saw in his posts that kind of stuck out for me.  And while I know Twitter can be a terrible place to have an intelligent conversation, it does give people a platform from which they can shout their opinions.

Like I said, this is really more of an academic discussion for me.  Based on my experience, the idea that people are entitled to anonymity, when advancing aggressive and/or offensive views in a public space, is not a given.  And in fact, it is a pretty recent idea.   

It's also a recent idea that you can find everything about a person with a couple clicks given their name. I think everyone has the right to remain anonymous until they break the law. If a person personally annoys you but doesn't do anything illegal just block and ignore them. 

Archived