New SeatoSea: Squizzato, Totera, and Milton

2 hours ago, Nathanael Martin said:

In this episode, we focused on media coverage of the league, although conversation was pretty fluid in which direction we went! http://www.northernstartingeleven.com/canada-soccer-sea-to-sea-podcast-season-2-episode-6/

Thanks for this. Three people with different backgrounds and perspectives all pulling in the same direction, and all with the understanding of what a National league can mean to the development of Soccer in Canada.

I'm not sure if people realize the broad appeal of local, professional soccer in communities across the country. I've met Canadians that were born in Mexico, that will travel to watch El Tri, that have more knowledge about the Canadian team, players and systems than most people I've met. 

I've had conversations with German immigrants...and there is a large German community in SK...that still keep track of how the team in their small town is doing in the 6th or 7th tier of German soccer. At the same time, they watch TFC play on TV and can't understand why the regular players are not playing for the CMNT because they don't realize that the players are not Canadian because the media does not report it.  And if they do report it, its buried behind the NHL, MLB, NBA, Junior Hockey, etc.

Their is a huge opportunity to create a league that will draw in fans from all backgrounds and the media will be a huge part of bringing the stories and the knowledge to fans across the country.

Again, thanks to the two of you, your guests, and everyone else that is working so hard to spread the word!!

Archived