Ruffian

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, 1996 said:

Ok so I have DAZN have the app on my iPhone 7, I’m not the most technicaly person but can get around the basics in this ever changing world , yes I’m old lol, anyways I bought this adapter thing that lets me connect my phone into my tv so I can watch stuff like DAZN from my phone on my tv, the only problem is after like say a minute of watching a game the picture freezes on my tv, the audio continues but pictures freezes , this does not happen when I’m watching a game on my phone when it’s not plugged into my tv, anybody know why and a possible solution?

The phone might not be able to handle projecting the image on the screen at that resolution for very long. Best idea would be to check if your TV is a smart TV and can install apps like DAZN or else look to get an Apple TV, Android TV or a Roku. Top of the line there would likely be the NVIDIA Shield but you should be able to get something for around $100. Even less expensive would be to get a Chromecast dongle. You can just plug this into your TV and cast from your phone. Something like this: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/google-chromecast-streaming-stick-black/6000195388606

Yes, if you use Chrome, get a Chromecast Ultra and you can stream any video from your browser. DAZN say they have a Chromecast app which means it will offload the video processing onto the Chromecast, leaving your phone free both physically and computationally.

If you are using an IPhone, get an Apple TV, which has similar functionality through AirPlay.

Edited by Dub Narcotic

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2018 at 9:02 PM, Chad_Impact said:

Did DAZN lose the rights to Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1???

Serie A is back on DAZN:

http://media.dazn.com/ca/press-releases-ca/2018/08/dazn-lands-prestigious-multi-year-serie-tim-rights-canada/

Serie A is also back on the Telelatino family:

http://broadcastdialogue.com/tln-acquires-canadian-broadcast-rights-to-italys-serie-a-soccer/

http://www.tln.ca/shows/serie-a-italian-league-soccer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have subscribed for DAZN for a couple months now. Very good quality. I own an ipad and can watch live and recorded games easily with very few streaming problems. The only time I have low quality streaming is if the internet is the issue. I am able to put the streaming on my regular TV easily with a HDMI cable and it works very well. 

As for the soccer content; it is great. They have Champions League, Europa League, Laliga, Serie A, League 1, English Championship, MLS, and Carabao Cup. I can choose my favourite games from all those league’s to watch either live or recorded. However, i think my favourite feature is the Matchday highlight packs. They show highlights from every game of the week for each league. It is a good 45 min recap with a summary of the table at the end of the show. The EFL Highlight pack even gives updates on league 1 and 2.  It is a great way to continually follow all the top leagues in a small amount of time. I was never able to keep track of what was going on before but now it is very easy and entertaining. 

As for the other content, I don’t watch the NFL, but I still find it worth it. They dont show to much but they provide some prolific tennis, darts, and snooker matches. They have some international rugby, cricket, and basketball. It is good variety. 

On the negative side of things... I wish they had the rights for more European hockey. They only show the KHL, I would be interested in the hockey champions league. I wish the Canadian MLS games were streamed live. It would also be nice to have some more soccer leagues like the Bundesliga, Premier League, Scottish championship or the Turkish super league. Obviously they can have every top league. But otherwise, i am impressed by their service and i hope that they pick up the CPL.

13 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I wish they had the rights for more European hockey. They only show the KHL, I would be interested in the hockey champions league. I wish the Canadian MLS games were streamed live. It would also be nice to have some more soccer leagues like the Bundesliga, Premier League, Scottish championship or the Turkish super league. Obviously they can have every top league. But otherwise, i am impressed by their service and i hope that they pick up the CPL.

Keep an eye out as they do seem to stream 1 game a week from Turkey. I don't think they have the rights to the entire league, but since they have an agreement with Bein Sports, DAZN can stream whatever game Bein decides to broadcast that week.

On 10/9/2018 at 12:05 PM, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

On the negative side of things... I wish they had the rights for more European hockey. They only show the KHL, I would be interested in the hockey champions league.

FYI the champions league is streamed for free on the official website

• 3 months later...

Well I spent the majority of my weekend on DAZN!! For anybody that has a subscription and needs something to watch tonight, turn on any of the following...

Milan v Napoli
Chievo v Fiorentina
Atalanta v Roma
Lazio v Juventus

Some great football this weekend.

• 1 month later...

Interesting thing happened yesterday.  With Bianca Andreescu making the WTA final in Indian Wells, people are freaking out on twitter that it's some sexist conspiracy that TSN won't show the match.  The poor DAZN twitter admin is trying to explain to these idiots that it's free to watch on a 30 day trial yet they're still pissed.  Tennis Canada convinced DAZN to show it for free on Twitter and these people are still pissed.  

It does show TSN"s importance to a lot of people.  Being on TSN is seen as a mark of legitimacy.

On 3/17/2019 at 9:01 AM, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Interesting thing happened yesterday.  With Bianca Andreescu making the WTA final in Indian Wells, people are freaking out on twitter that it's some sexist conspiracy that TSN won't show the match.  The poor DAZN twitter admin is trying to explain to these idiots that it's free to watch on a 30 day trial yet they're still pissed.  Tennis Canada convinced DAZN to show it for free on Twitter and these people are still pissed.  

It does show TSN"s importance to a lot of people.  Being on TSN is seen as a mark of legitimacy.

For sure. Andreescu's rise to prominence has been the best thing that has ever happened to DAZN in Canada.
https://theprovince.com/pmn/sports-pmn/tennis-broadcasting-coverage-a-talking-point-after-andreescu-ascension/wcm/4ff4137e-423b-496d-9a4d-0c5a33435d34?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1553235402

They are changing the landscape in boxing as well. Wilder turned down a 4 fight, $120 million offer from DAZN.
https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-haymon-wilder-wise-walk-away-from-dazn-deal--137310?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love my Dazn. I was tired of getting ripped off by shaw/bell and rogers and decided to cut the cord a few years back with missing my soccer fix being the hardest and relying on dodgy streams until i got Dazn. I dont really watch sports other than soccer and I find DAZN brilliant.It has all the Premier League,Champions League,Europa League and the MLS with lots of Italian,Spanish,Japanese and load of other soccer.Its basically the netflix of sports.I really like the way games stay on there for about a week giving me plenty of time to watch as much soccer as i can. Personally i cant stand most tv programs.movies other than factual documentaries and when my wife starts watch her dreadful tv shows/movies i can slip off to the spare tv and immerse myself in a game or two.