DAZN

Ruffian

23 hours ago, matty said:

Anyone have a review yet?

Content is amazing. Still got some debugging to do on some of their platforms. Android TV has some loading issues but luckily I can cast from my phone from the android app and it works perfectly. fast forward/rewind while watching on demand content is slow.

I see other content like tennis, international basketball and KHL but I just don't have enough time for all of that content.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/27/2017 at 9:23 AM, matty said:

Anyone have a review yet?

Good so far. They post the on demand games quickly. My only complaint is that they don't have the Champions League games that are on Bein available on demand. You can only watch them on the Bein feed live. Whereas for La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1, everything is available on demand.

DAZN's been awesome, and their heavy advertising is turning a lot of heads among my friends.

Quick question, I just learned today that FuboTV is available in Canada, I feel like it wasn't before the last time I checked. Has anybody ever used it? If so, how did you find it compared to beIN Connect and DAZN? Cheers.

I do see it's $16/month for beIN content basically, sounds nearly the same as beIN Connect. Wondering if Fubo allows on demand after the game has ended like DAZN does, or if you have to rely on DVRing it like what I'm seeing quickly from their website.

16 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

DAZN's been awesome, and their heavy advertising is turning a lot of heads among my friends.

Quick question, I just learned today that FuboTV is available in Canada, I feel like it wasn't before the last time I checked. Has anybody ever used it? If so, how did you find it compared to beIN Connect and DAZN? Cheers.

I do see it's $16/month for beIN content basically, sounds nearly the same as beIN Connect. Wondering if Fubo allows on demand after the game has ended like DAZN does, or if you have to rely on DVRing it like what I'm seeing quickly from their website.

I had FuboTV for the past year. They basically had 3 of BeIN's channels (Spanish, English and CA), A Portuguese channel that has Portuguese soccer in (surprisingly) Portuguese and 2 odd soccer channels that play like 4 or 5 interview clips on repeat all day.

The good thing about it was that you could record games or shows (up to 3 at a time) and have them on demand for about a week I think. The problem was the on-demand play back failed many times. Either it did not record or recorded at the wrong time slot cutting off the start or end of the game.

I have since cancelled due to DAZN being offered.

39 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I had FuboTV for the past year. They basically had 3 of BeIN's channels (Spanish, English and CA), A Portuguese channel that has Portuguese soccer in (surprisingly) Portuguese and 2 odd soccer channels that play like 4 or 5 interview clips on repeat all day.

The good thing about it was that you could record games or shows (up to 3 at a time) and have them on demand for about a week I think. The problem was the on-demand play back failed many times. Either it did not record or recorded at the wrong time slot cutting off the start or end of the game.

I have since cancelled due to DAZN being offered.

Thanks for that good summary, it does seem like somewhere in between DAZN and beIN Connect in terms of its features, since I don't remember beIN Connect having any playback/on-demand options at all. Cheers.

On 02/09/2017 at 11:22 PM, DJT said:

Can multiple streams (on different devices) be viewed at the same time, as with Netflix?

On 03/09/2017 at 2:08 PM, matty said:

Question: How many devices can an account be used on and can you share an account with ease?

I haven't tried but I saw the DAZN_CA twitter respond saying two streams at one time. I assume that mean multiple IPs (other locations) can access it at once.

On 8/30/2017 at 10:12 AM, zeelaw1555362314 said:

When I search their name on Twitter.  I hear that streams are terrible and people are complaining.  Is that just simply untrue?

I haven't had any problems yet. Watched a few of the qualifiers this week. Most of my viewing was on my ipad.

DAZN made a big splash by replacing NFL Sunday Ticket in Canada, however it has utterly bombed if the experience we had yesterday watching football is repeated. I went to a friend's house yesterday, and DAZN was utterly terrible.

When it worked, which was not often, it was similar to watch the game on cable. However the picture quality was often terrible (imagine picture quality worse than the Belize stream), there were games missing, the app was incredibly slow to respond to the remote (the whole point of NFL Sunday Ticket is to flip games to avoid the consistent commercials), and significant delays in the picture when compared with the action in real time (we would receive scoring alerts up to 5 mins before the play happened on the screen).

Avoid at all costs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Wow $20 a month to watch champions league. Not being a huge CL fan I guess I am not the target market, but will people pay that?

If they ever bag Portugal (huge Portuguese community), Premier League and Germany, yes.

Just Premier League=Take my money

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Wow $20 a month to watch champions league. Not being a huge CL fan I guess I am not the target market, but will people pay that?

Well...Champions league/Europa league plus Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, MLS, English Championship/League one/two, Caraboa Cup, J1 League, Super Lig and even the Toulon tournament I just realized. Those are what they have now but I'm sure there are even more to come.

I got it a few months ago and absolutely love it. The 150$ for a year is the best deal. 

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

If they ever bag Portugal (huge Portuguese community), Premier League and Germany, yes.

Just Premier League=Take my money

I saw on twitter that they were close to getting the Portuguese league. 

On 5/25/2018 at 12:15 PM, Ruffian said:

Boom! DAZN got all of Champions League and Europa League! @matty you still married to your cable subscription?

yea i don't really give a shit about that. lol cl and el are like why two least favorite major competitions. i am not kidding. i really do not care about them. they just exist to me. i get they're 1"the biggest of deals" but it never entertains me.

Edited by matty

Ok so I have DAZN have the app on my iPhone 7, I’m not the most technicaly person but can get around the basics in this ever changing world , yes I’m old lol, anyways I bought this adapter thing that lets me connect my phone into my tv so I can watch stuff like DAZN from my phone on my tv, the only problem is after like say a minute of watching a game the picture freezes on my tv, the audio continues but pictures freezes , this does not happen when I’m watching a game on my phone when it’s not plugged into my tv, anybody know why and a possible solution?