DAZN

Ruffian

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Line Up looks....promising but kind of meh.

While I'm surprised they didn't nab any other big 4, they did get ATP 250 and WTA (which is a decent counter). Curious what Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1 they'll have but am sure all will draw decently and EFL will too. Pro12, MotoGP and KHL will be interesting while darts and FIBA are kind of duds.

I'd say it's enough to just pass beIN in terms of content but not really enough for a casual fan to pay for it (same issue beIN has). NFL should be enough to get bars on board with it and I'm sure the soccer, Euro rugby and Russian hockey will find their way onto screens in bars across the nation.

I'm sure they'll add more very soon. 

There seems to be a real lack of CanCon (shocked there's no curling or any winter sports for that matter that aren't KHL) so maybe they're on the hunt and the CPL will find itself at home.

NOTE: The CPL official account started following DAZN Canada right away on Twitter and does not follow beIN, TSN (it follows MLS on TSN but not TSN), Sportsnet, CBC, TLN, Game TV or any other network. Take from this what you will.

Edited by matty

They added more games. They have every game for the opening weekend of League 1. They have every game for the opening weekend of Serie A (Aug 19-21). Only 4 games of the opening weekend in English Championship. No La Liga games yet. That is BeIN's bread and butter and might not be willing to sublease these rights.

On 28/07/2017 at 1:14 AM, matty said:

Line Up looks....promising but kind of meh.There seems to be a real lack of CanCon (shocked there's no curling or any winter sports for that matter that aren't KHL) so maybe they're on the hunt and the CPL will find itself at home.

Why would there be curling? I mean TSN's deal with Curling Canada and Sportsnet pretty much owns the slams. So, I'm not shocked at all of them not having curling.

I don't know about winter sports' rights, but they would need to acquire something from them and even if they acquire them who wants to watch them?

11 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Why would there be curling? I mean TSN's deal with Curling Canada and Sportsnet pretty much owns the slams. So, I'm not shocked at all of them not having curling.

Curling does well in Canada and there's a fair bit out there. I'm not like mind blown shocked just surprised.

11 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

I don't know about winter sports' rights, but they would need to acquire something from them and even if they acquire them who wants to watch them?

Not sure of the rights fully either but there is a sizable cult fanbase for them, skiing and snowboarding have noticeable mainstream appeal. While I'm doubtful they'd get something big like Winter X-Games (who's TV deal in Canada might be dead) there are a ton of major competitions out there that people do follow.

Edited by matty

Not sure if they would get curling.  

Though there are a lot of sports that you only really see in the olympics every 4 years even though there are world championships every year...ie skiiing, track and field(I think beIN has Diamnond League), swimming...I think CBC shows these sports sometimes but not live. Have to imagine you could get the rights to those fairly easy.

3 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

Not sure if they would get curling.  

Though there are a lot of sports that you only really see in the olympics every 4 years even though there are world championships every year...ie skiiing, track and field(I think beIN has Diamnond League), swimming...I think CBC shows these sports sometimes but not live. Have to imagine you could get the rights to those fairly easy.

I recall there were issues this year getting the Winter X-Games on TSN (I think they were relegated to TSN Go for select events) and a few of the better known companies we deal with at my work (I work in ski and board sales in the winter) were trying to find alternatives to have their product shown off. I'm sure if DAZN is truly rockin they'd be able to get special event rights with ease.

Edited by matty

46 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

So looks like most of the content is showing now. Looks like it will have every Serie A game live and on demand! Most La Liga games (Real Madrid is noticeably absent). All League 1 games. Half Championship games. 

No way, damn. Could you share a picture or a screenshot, if you're kind enough and have time to spare? Cheers. And what devices will you be watching it from mostly?

Edited by ironcub14

16 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

No way, damn. Could you share a picture or a screenshot, if you're kind enough and have time to spare? Cheers. And what devices will you be watching it from mostly?

What screen/details are you looking for in a screen shot? Quality or content? I have Android TV and the app works well. I can screen shot from my computer.

Just now, Ruffian said:

What screen/details are you looking for in a screen shot? Quality or content? I have Android TV and the app works well. I can screen shot from my computer.

The content, the schedule for the La Liga and the Serie A matches specifically if you could. No rush, anytime, thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, mpg_29 said:

Haven't tried it but was reading people talk about it on redflagdeals and there seems to some complaints about picture quality..

Yea saw a lot of complaints about the Japanese and German versions. Japan sounded more glitchy. It's rating on the Google app store is only 3.1/5, for comparison Sportsnet has a 3.7, TSN Go has 2.7 and beIN has a 4.4.

A lot of complaints on their android app. I'll see for myself soon.

Been keeping an eye on DAZN since they first announced it was going to be launched in Canada.

Wish they could somehow have the Premier League, but can't go wrong with CL, Europa & La Liga etc...

21 hours ago, ironcub14 said:

The content, the schedule for the La Liga and the Serie A matches specifically if you could. No rush, anytime, thanks in advance.

Kind of difficult to show everything as it scrolls left to right and shows 4 per page, but...

First one has a view of the leagues they show. Next three are the Serie A first round. Second round is loaded also.

Screenshot from 2017-08-01 08-56-43.png

Screenshot from 2017-08-01 08-57-32.png

Screenshot from 2017-08-01 08-57-15.png

Screenshot from 2017-08-01 08-57-04.png

12 hours ago, OnkelDal said:

A lot of complaints on their android app. I'll see for myself soon.

The Android TV app seems to work really well.  There has been some loading during live games but that may be because I signed up before the official release and they may have been working on the server scaling. It may also be my internet as I have seen loading on Netflix lately also. Maybe time to upgrade from the basic internet package.

12 hours ago, OnkelDal said:

Wish they could somehow have the Premier League, but can't go wrong with CL, Europa & La Liga etc...

Don't think they have CL or Europa.

2 hours ago, Ruffian said:

The Android TV app seems to work really well.  There has been some loading during live games but that may be because I signed up before the official release and they may have been working on the server scaling. It may also be my internet as I have seen loading on Netflix lately also. Maybe time to upgrade from the basic internet package.

Don't think they have CL or Europa.

Just noticed that after I signed up. Seems to load fine so far.

I originally read they'd have it. Hopefully not listed cause no games confirmed. Time will tell.

Surprised they have J-League though. Used to watch it a few years back :)

I see many mentioned DAZN has this and that league but it isn't clear to me if this is actually available in Canada.

I have only heard they have all NFL games. Otherwise, their Canadian website only shows logos for KHL, ATP 250 (5th tier), WTA and darts. 

52 minutes ago, red card said:

I see many mentioned DAZN has this and that league but it isn't clear to me if this is actually available in Canada.

I have only heard they have all NFL games. Otherwise, their Canadian website only shows logos for KHL, ATP 250 (5th tier), WTA and darts. 

Not sure why the site changed but they have announced La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and the EFL are on it.

Also just to make something clear ATP 250 isn't 5th tier in terms of skills, it's 5th in terms of prestige and prize money. All top players play in 250 tournaments.

seems DAZN has updated to show what their lineup is...

https://www.dazn.com/en-CA

Seems very similar to what beIN offers...minus the NFL...curious which games they will show..

Question remains for me is...the rights for some of these big soccer leagues in Europe seem to based around clubs not the leagues themselves...in other words will you be able to watch the games including any of the the big clubs?...

On 04/08/2017 at 2:49 PM, mpg_29 said:

seems DAZN has updated to show what their lineup is...

https://www.dazn.com/en-CA

Seems very similar to what beIN offers...minus the NFL...curious which games they will show..

Question remains for me is...the rights for some of these big soccer leagues in Europe seem to based around clubs not the leagues themselves...in other words will you be able to watch the games including any of the the big clubs?...

Is KHL worth watching?

4 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

I enjoyed the one game I've watched because watching a Chinese team play a Kazakhstani team in Russian uniforms with mostly North American players and 12 fans in the stands is bizarre, but I wouldn't say it's good hockey.

I'm curious about cause that's where the 2018 team Olympic team is coming from

• 3 weeks later...