Canucks Abroad board

Scorpion26

Was thinking that it would be ideal to have a board specifically for Canucks Abroad. Separating the CMNT board from Canucks Abroad will make it easier to find threads and keep it more about one overall topic based on the board. Also can NASL/USL have one board together as tier 2 leagues they should be combine. It would also be an ideal situation. Also having Gameday thread on Canucks abroad, MLS, NASL/USL, and future CPL would be good to have, but not a biggest need...

Thanks hope others agree as well....

@admin please consider this option....

Another idea , would be to create a player of the week section. Basketball Canada does it on their website and it's just cool way to show off players that most fans don't know about or having a great week or tournament or having a  milestone. 

Heres a couple of  screen shot of basketball Canada player of the week, so you can all  see what I mean.

IMG_0019.PNG

IMG_0020.PNG

IMG_0021.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2017 at 8:10 PM, Scorpion26 said:

Still feel we should get a Canucks Abroad section with academies players featured as well. Players abroad obviously and tracking games on for abroad players only.... meaning no MLS/USL/NASL

@admin

Just in case you don't know, we already track youth players on http://www.thevoyageurs.org/mother-of-all-canadians-abroad-list/ under "Youth Abroad".

12 hours ago, admin said:

Sure, I'll move whatever you need. 

Alright move any topics with players that play abroad: Canniga, Borjan, Arfield, and more

You have the topics of weekly game tracking of players abroad...

Also any ladies playing abroad or would it be too much?

Seems like a lot are in or would it be best to start them over?

4 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I don't agree that we should be splitting the MNT topics and the MNT Abroad topics. All threads related to MNT eligible players should be under the MNT topic. 

I actually feel the same way. 

I would prefer most stuff mashed together so there is more 'discovery' to to speak of content. 

Let's try it and see what happens. 

Well I feel like topics about National team should just be about the national team and players performance on the national team. We can have more pre-during-post game topics about games. Coaching topics and more that just deal with National team.

With Canucks Abroad I believe it can help condense all discussion about players in their club teams and this way topics aren't lost in one huge topic. This will keep track of our players abroad outside of MLS/CPL/NASL/USL and will have section for their clubs, rumors, and more. 

While having MLS have it's own board and combo of the NASL/USL on there own board....

Once many topics with abroad players are in the Canucks abroad it will be much better.....

To add with many playing abroad will make it easier to know where players are based on the board. MLS, Canucks Abroad, NASL/USL, CPL, and lower leagues in NA region. 

@Blackdude

@BuzzAndSting

@admin

28 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

Well I feel like topics about National team should just be about the national team and players performance on the national team. We can have more pre-during-post game topics about games. Coaching topics and more that just deal with National team.

With Canucks Abroad I believe it can help condense all discussion about players in their club teams and this way topics aren't lost in one huge topic. This will keep track of our players abroad outside of MLS/CPL/NASL/USL and will have section for their clubs, rumors, and more. 

While having MLS have it's own board and combo of the NASL/USL on there own board....

Once many topics with abroad players are in the Canucks abroad it will be much better.....

To add with many playing abroad will make it easier to know where players are based on the board. MLS, Canucks Abroad, NASL/USL, CPL, and lower leagues in NA region. 

@Blackdude

@BuzzAndSting

@admin

What happens when players move from Europe to NA, or vice versa? Do we then have to move their thread to and from the Abroad topic?

It seems like in your proposed rearrangement if I want to find a thread for a certain MNT eligible player I have to know where he is playing to be able to go to either the MLS topic, the NASL/USL topic or the Abroad topic, no? Whereas currently I know to go to the MNT topic because that's where they all are. 

1 minute ago, BuzzAndSting said:

What happens when players move from Europe to NA, or vice versa? Do we then have to move their thread to and from the Abroad topic?

It seems like in your proposed rearrangement if I want to find a thread for a certain MNT eligible player I have to know where he is playing to be able to go to either the MLS topic, the NASL/USL topic or the Abroad topic, no? Whereas currently I know to go to the MNT topic because that's where they all are. 

You don't have to move the thread it can be shut down and start a new thread at appropriate board.... that simple a new journey started for the player....

1 minute ago, Scorpion26 said:

You don't have to move the thread it can be shut down and start a new thread at appropriate board.... that simple a new journey started for the player....

Just so we're clear, my assumption about having to know where a player is playing to be able to find his thread is correct?

I'm against this proposed change. It's unnecessarily confusing and the idea of having to shutdown threads only to start another when a player moves is going to be too much work and will cause separation in what should be the continual flow of a players career. 

Not to mention that this will be counter intuitive to new members in the future.

13 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Just so we're clear, my assumption about having to know where a player is playing to be able to find his thread is correct?

I'm against this proposed change. It's unnecessarily confusing and the idea of having to shutdown threads only to start another when a player moves is going to be too much work and will cause separation in what should be the continual flow of a players career. 

Not to mention that this will be counter intuitive to new members in the future.

Try it out and see how it goes.... I don't think it is that difficult plus most people active on thread will know where to go and if you want once thread is closed it can have link to new thread to help ease confusion...

31 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

Try it out and see how it goes.... I don't think it is that difficult plus most people active on thread will know where to go and if you want once thread is closed it can have link to new thread to help ease confusion...

Most people who are active may, but I'm as active as anyone on this board and still don't know where all our eligible players are playing, let alone casual and new fans.

And again, this is all just adding layers of confusion which to me you haven't provided enough evidence that it's beneficial or necessary. 

@admin For the record, I'm against this. And without anyone else other than @Scorpion26 supporting this I don't believe we should do it.

That's my 2 cents!

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Most people who are active may, but I'm as active as anyone on this board and still don't know where all our eligible players are playing, let alone casual and new fans.

And again, this is all just adding layers of confusion which to me you haven't provided enough evidence that it's beneficial or necessary. 

@admin For the record, I'm against this. And without anyone else other than @Scorpion26 supporting this I don't believe we should do it.

That's my 2 cents!

I can't provide evidence until we all try and give it a chance that's all..... 

• 2 months later...

So changed this to 

Players - Men  

Player - Women

Also created Gallery categories for each.  That way we can embed a viewer in the first post, and then upload pics to the gallery. 

Should I keep it this way? 

Oh crap.  I have a better idea.... much better idea.....

Ok, back shortly.   Let me test it out.

Just now, Scorpion26 said:

Those are some good ideas @admin

Just working on it now.

Have to be somewhere at 6, so probably finish it tomorrow. 

DB Entry - Searchable by Country, Division, DOB -  Categories for Men / Women

Automatic Forum Thread - Will merge existing ones into new one so it is connected to the record

Gallery Album to embed in top of thread.

Archived