General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

34 minutes ago, Corazon said:

He's been cap tied since October 2017 and has played for Italy 6 times including World Cup qualifiers.

Hard to say it wasn't the correct decision for him. His career is really taking off.

He went from being unable to crack the line up at Benfica and subsequently going on multiple loans, so starting for Roma in the UCL knock out rounds.

I saw a couple of moments yesterday where he was tussling for the ball with Hector Herrera.

Oh, what could have been....

Edited by Obinna

9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Hard to say it wasn't the correct decision for him. His career is really taking off.

He went from being unable to crack the line up at Benfica and subsequently going on multiple loans, so starting for Roma in the UCL knock out rounds.

I saw a couple of moments yesterday where he was tussling for the ball with Hector Herrera.

Oh, what could have been....

Great player!  As great of an addition it would have been to our team, its less painful to see him join Italy as he himself has no connection to Canada and would only have chosen us if Italy was an unrealistic dream.  The pain is greater when the player was either born and or raised in Canada and then switch allegiances.

With that being said, Arfield had a similar connection as Cristante and we all have welcomed him with open arms.

9 hours ago, Corazon said:

Great player!  As great of an addition it would have been to our team, its less painful to see him join Italy as he himself has no connection to Canada and would only have chosen us if Italy was an unrealistic dream.  The pain is greater when the player was either born and or raised in Canada and then switch allegiances.

With that being said, Arfield had a similar connection as Cristante and we all have welcomed him with open arms.

Yes similar situation that went our way. But if he'd been given a sniff by Scotland he definitely would have chose them... and I don't think anyone would've begrudged him for it. Ya win some ya loose some. 

So will the new tv deal with MediaPRO, affecting CPL and also our national teams (and L10 Ontario), mean an automatic minimum of national team games every year, to fulfil the media deal?

Will tv criteria now take precedent over the Herdman policy of hiding in a cave until forced out by some pesky Caribbean island?

11 hours ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

Maybe not practical but we should start a tradition of annual friendlies vs the USMNT and people would love to see Canada dominate them just like in hockey and rugby. Wouldn't beating the Yanks every year drive up TV ratings?

Canada hasn’t won a Union match since 2013...

7 minutes ago, admin said:

I am getting this dark feeling that at some point, in the last couple of years, drunk, I might have signed my soul away or something. 

I just think we are on a karmic upswing.  Atiba's "offside", Wambitch's counting in the ref's ear, the whore's defection, getting CONCACAF'd at every opportunity, etc.  We have been due to catch a break for a helluva long time and it is coming due.