General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

8 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Can Tomori be called into a camp before the 3 years have elapsed? Is there any rules against tampering in a case like this? He’s not under contract to England, but he is in their system at the moment. Would this situation be different than calling a dual youth player like Jebbison or Flores?

No rules against training - only against appearing in official matches. But why the hell would Tomori want that ?

10 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Can Tomori be called into a camp before the 3 years have elapsed? Is there any rules against tampering in a case like this? He’s not under contract to England, but he is in their system at the moment. Would this situation be different than calling a dual youth player like Jebbison or Flores?

As Schway said Akinola is already doing this. Luke Singh as well. He was even going to come to our camp and leave mid window to join T&T

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

No rules against training - only against appearing in official matches. But why the hell would Tomori want that ?

Probably wouldn’t want to now, but if we make WC 2022, he may want to join camp and get acclimated to the team if he plans to switch that November.

3 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Not to be blunt, but basically because he isn’t dumb.  He knows better than any of us that he was handed 3 minutes of playing time to prevent him from going elsewhere.  The complete lack of Call ups since then has to be a bit of a sore point. 

I don't think Tomori's dream with England is done but missing out on the Euro squad let alone the preliminary roster after the impressive 2nd half of season he just had with AC Milan has got to be difficult for him.  Howver, give how well he has performed perhaps he thinks he is back on the cusp of the making the squad.

AC Milan want him to stay full time and I think this will hurt his chances of breaking into the England squad so I am hoping he remains at Milan. If he wants to make England, he is going to need to lock down a starting role at one of the big clubs in England or to be an outstanding center back for a club just outside the top group.

Here's hoping he stays with Milan!

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not to be blunt, but basically because he isn’t dumb.  He knows better than any of us that he was handed 3 minutes of playing time to prevent him from going elsewhere.  The complete lack of Call ups since then has to be a bit of a sore point. 

Maybe..but he’s not going to take time out of his international beak to travel across the ocean to train with a team he can’t even play with until Nov.22 all under the assumption that he will never get called again by England.

I mean, no one seriously thinks he would really do that right ?

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

Not to stir the pot anymore on this subject as most want to move past it but there is some buzz generating on twitter and reddit in the past couple of days that Tomori may still be eligible for Canada.  I am not going to bother digging too deep into it but worth checking out if your interested.

This reminds me a lot of an x-girlfriend when I was younger.

17 hours ago, Floortom said:

Maybe..but he’s not going to take time out of his international beak to travel across the ocean to train with a team he can’t even play with until Nov.22 all under the assumption that he will never get called again by England.

I mean, no one seriously thinks he would really do that right ?

I wouldn’t expect it any time soon, but if we look like we have a shot in let’s say the March 22 window, I could see it. Or perhaps in June 22 if we’re in the inter-confederation playoff. Or any camp between those times and the actual World Cup if we make it. If we don’t look like we will make the World Cup though, I’d expect him to wait a little longer for the England call though.

Edit: this is all assuming he’d be able to complete his switch on time for the World Cup, which starts less than a week after he’s eligible to switch. Not sure if they’d be able to get all the paperwork and everything done ahead of time so that the switch is immediate.

Edited by archer21

11 hours ago, archer21 said:

I wouldn’t expect it any time soon, but if we look like we have a shot in let’s say the March 22 window, I could see it. Or perhaps in June 22 if we’re in the inter-confederation playoff. Or any camp between those times and the actual World Cup if we make it. If we don’t look like we will make the World Cup though, I’d expect him to wait a little longer for the England call though.

Edit: this is all assuming he’d be able to complete his switch on time for the World Cup, which starts less than a week after he’s eligible to switch. Not sure if they’d be able to get all the paperwork and everything done ahead of time so that the switch is immediate.

I'm sure that they'd have the paperwork completed and sitting on the FIFA lackey's desk well before he actually becomes eligible if it were to come to pass that he declared his intention to represent Canada at the World Cup*.

*assuming that we'd qualified. 

Stupid question, can we and Haiti add players before the next match ? Like if Hutch and Arfield were good to go could we add them? Same with Haiti? French CB Jean-Kevin Duverne is eligible for Haiti. He would be a solid addition to their team. 

2 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Stupid question, can we and Haiti add players before the next match ? Like if Hutch and Arfield were good to go could we add them? Same with Haiti? French CB Jean-Kevin Duverne is eligible for Haiti. He would be a solid addition to their team. 

I think both teams can but only if there are injuries in camp but other than that I don't think so

34 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

You can have a different 23 man roster for each match.

This isn't a tournament. Each game is its own individual event.

We literally just did this with Henry. He wasn't even in the Aruba squad at all.

Edited by narduch

1 hour ago, narduch said:

You can have a different 23 man roster for each match.

This isn't a tournament. Each game is its own individual event.

We literally just did this with Henry. He wasn't even in the Aruba squad at all.

Then if that is the case, I would only bring back Hutch instead of Arfield.

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

New rule change 

What is the rule, if you don't mind my asking?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was easier to find than I thought.

So if Jebbison came over for the Gold Cup, he could "cap himself" at 3 games and still qualify for a transfer to England if they want him in a few years? 

But Lucas Dias could not because there's only 2 1/2 years before he turns 21?

Or is it they can transfer at any time if they are under 21 and less than 3 games?

Edited by Hawkguy

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

You flip flopped pretty quickly there 

Yeah I meant I would call him but he's not in my starting XI. He would be on my bench as a substitute until he proves that he should be a starter again in our starting XI. Not just going to have him start because he's Arfield. No spots given on charity. Prove you're match fit or even in form and then we just might have a conversation.