General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

22 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I think the bulk of the Gold Cup team is currently in camp so it's almost as if they're holding an advanced training camp.

It's still possible the CSA schedules an "A" friendly but at the very least they'll play a closed door match against a club team.

I can live with that

9 hours ago, Shway said:

The friendlies request may be not possible if the boys do the job which is getting to the Ocho.

The only possibility for friendlies past then is June 2022.

So no, I don’t want any friendlies soon.

Thats...Thats a good point. Except for January, a winter camp would be nice.

38 minutes ago, Shway said:

Interesting. Considering he said they’re wouldn’t be much crossover, even though our first game would be almost a month after our potential playoff matchup. 

Predicting this team will be a challenge. 

Maybe Arfield could come and bring his family? Will Hutch be there? Will TFC get depleted?

I wasn't aware of this comment, disregard my assumption!

57 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

When did he say this? The latest I heard was that the Gold Cup squad would not be a "B" squad and that it would be stronger than people are saying.

In the OneSoccer 1on1 with Wheeler....I'll try to find which one it is.

58 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

With respect to an away game trip- Jamaica could be a great place to visit in October!  Just saying

This is a brilliant idea. Me and my wifes birthday are 6 days apart in October, and it they fall between the October window of 4-15....that's Jamaica or Mexico. But since we've been to Mexico in consecutive years post covid....the Jamaica trip it is!

Not to stir the pot anymore on this subject as most want to move past it but there is some buzz generating on twitter and reddit in the past couple of days that Tomori may still be eligible for Canada.  I am not going to bother digging too deep into it but worth checking out if your interested.

Edited by Corazon

9 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Not to stir the pot anymore on this subject as most want to move past it but there is some buzz generating on twitter and reddit in the past couple of days that Tomori may still be eligible for Canada.  I am not going to bother digging to deep into it but worth checking out if your interested.

Been posted in the relevant Tomori thread here. Bottom line is he can’t accept another call from England till Nov 2022 and then he’d be eligible for Canada again.

55 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Been posted in the relevant Tomori thread here. Bottom line is he can’t accept another call from England till Nov 2022 and then he’d be eligible for Canada again.

If he could potentially still play for us, his thread should probably go back in the MNT forum right? I totally missed all of this because it was in the World Soccer thread. I think the board was right to remove his thread when we thought the door had closed on him playing but if he’s still eligible for a one time switch, that changes everything.

7 minutes ago, archer21 said:

If he could potentially still play for us, his thread should probably go back in the MNT forum right? I totally missed all of this because it was in the World Soccer thread. I think the board was right to remove his thread when we thought the door had closed on him playing but if he’s still eligible for a one time switch, that changes everything.

But then the door isn’t closed for a long time on a lot of guys.  I would rather wait until we have some minimal signal from him that it is even on his radar.  I don’t have any desire to see us collectively torture ourselves for 3 more years on a technicality.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

Tomori would be a freaking game changer!!

I hope they do everything they can and more to get him. Even if he comes right before the WC that we qualified for - we need him. 

Oh yea, and shout out all the people that said this was dead when I said there was a case to be said.

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

But then the door isn’t closed for a long time on a lot of guys.  I would rather wait until we have some minimal signal from him that it is even on his radar.  I don’t have any desire to see us collectively torture ourselves for 3 more years on a technicality.  

Fair enough, but it’s definitely news that’s relevant. I see no reason that he wouldn’t switch if he goes another year and a half without an England call.

Can Tomori be called into a camp before the 3 years have elapsed? Is there any rules against tampering in a case like this? He’s not under contract to England, but he is in their system at the moment. Would this situation be different than calling a dual youth player like Jebbison or Flores?

7 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Can Tomori be called into a camp before the 3 years have elapsed? Is there any rules against tampering in a case like this? He’s not under contract to England, but he is in their system at the moment. Would this situation be different than calling a dual youth player like Jebbison or Flores?

If it’s okay for Akinola, should be okay for him no?