Canada vs Jamaica Match Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great first 20 minutes (Which lead to us conceding), a terrible next 10 (which we got out of without conceding, and a solid finish. I like our chances to tie this, but it's the same problem we've always had with finishing. Which is why I'm so frustrated with Larin.

Larin has had trash finishing with the national team. Consistent chances die at his feet. It's becoming a disturbing trend.

Just now, dsqpr said:

Well, that half was a counter attacking clinic. Very well organized in defence, strong in the tackle, blocking every attempt at goal, and speedy on the break.

We need to work out how to break them down.

good luck with that having #24 in the line-up. he's the typical bitchface striker expecting service but never making the runs or fighting for loose balls.   f*** that guy....

This team plays like the Impact did in the playoffs l, they don't park the bus but they're so organized and they make you pay on the counter. That said, Canada isn't used to having full possession.. I think we need Bernier and Cavallini

Oz did not bunker down and plug the middle so I know we are giving up some chances but happy the team is competing in that manner.  Playing this way also means that we have a chance to score and tie it as opposed to playing Floroball and bringing on James to tie the game in the dying moments.  Actually he may want to bring on James now and get some speed and athleticism into the backline.  And get Cav in the game as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, Ngravs said:

This team plays like the Impact did in the playoffs l, they don't park the bus but they're so organized and they make you pay on the counter. That said, Canada isn't used to having full possession.. I think we need Bernier and Cavallini

I didn't like those changes before kick-off and I like them a lot less now.  Maybe we comeback and win this one but it will be despite some pretty big decisions from OZ.

Archived