Canada vs Jamaica Match Thread

For me the tournament was a success, there's work to be done, and this won't land us Cristante or Ballou or Ferreira it's clear that we have skill upfront now.

pros:

technical skill is at an all time high from what I've seen. our midfield and strikers are making plays I've never seen them be able to make. It was top class. Our forwards our not the problem, we can create chances and maintain possession. 

The future is now, with an average age of 26, it's clear that the kids coming up are better than the guys we have now. 

Michael Petrasso, I liked him at full back, maybe not a permanent soloution but with more playing time he will be a corner stone.

Davies, 3 goals in 4 games. Very very good for any player, he will be special. He needs to play more but he's got a big future and will only get petter.

cons 

poor finishing, we need to be better at finishing, it hurt us in all 3 matches. Jamaica was clinical and that's why we lost.

too passive, we need to Be more inscisive and direct, it hurt us in the first half.

the defence is old and slow.

all and all it's a step in the right direction

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the talk about CB depth, I'm surprised that Mason Trafford hasn't even been contacted.  He's playing at the same level as Jakovic ... I'm hoping that he gets a call for the Sept friendly, just so OZ can at least get a look at him.  It's unfortunate that Opare isn't eligible, otherwise he's another NA-based CB that should get a look. Realistically, Gasparotto won't come in Sept. (IMO) given that it's a long trip, and it's the start of an important season for him, but he's one I've got high hopes for too.

9 hours ago, Ansem said:

we need a topic named

why do we suck on set pieces and how to fix it/who can fix that?

love Arfield but I couldn't take the corners and free kick from him anymore

you don't like your free kicks lofted in at about 4mph landing 22 yards from the keeper into a sea of 18 bodies?

Jamaica beat us playing Floroball except they have better defenders, more speed and had one good finish.

We looked stylish but we don't know how yet to finish consistently - though Davies came through in 2 matches.

Larin not only hasn't found yet how to finish for Canada but his inclusion seems to disrupt the flow of the team. We see more low probability rushed passes to Larin which go astray 80% of the time and the other 20% are flubbed by Larin.

The OZ has been good but he made his first major mistakes with Jamaica given his player selection. 

2 hours ago, red card said:

Jamaica beat us playing Floroball except they have better defenders, more speed and had one good finish.

We looked stylish but we don't know how yet to finish consistently - though Davies came through in 2 matches.

Larin not only hasn't found yet how to finish for Canada but his inclusion seems to disrupt the flow of the team. We see more low probability rushed passes to Larin which go astray 80% of the time and the other 20% are flubbed by Larin.

The OZ has been good but he made his first major mistakes with Jamaica given his player selection. 

Teibert wasn't bad in my opinion and I think a few managers would of started Cycle, but I do think he should of also started Cavalini.

we need to play 2 up top going forward.

5 minutes ago, yothat said:

Between Hoilett and Arfield .. Canada has a competitive chance of winning games ..

Just two players make a night and day difference 

W/O Arfield and Hoilett .. Canada is still in the dark ages

Both are quality no doubt sort of like the influence Hutchinson and simpson had for us.

Archived