Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
canta15

Canada vs Jamaica Match Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, GimliJetsMan said:

If our strikers are this trash why even play them.

Just pick a random Canadian, whose really tall and slot them in. They couldn't even play worse.

If we want a ****** tall striker we just need to wait what 5 years for Spencer to get citizenship...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Macksam said:

I love Holiett's play today but that last cross he put in....made me drop my head....no.....made me slam my head into the hardwood.

As good as he was all game he gets a pass on that one from me but it was an awful "cross" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Zambrano got it wrong by playing too slow of a backline. I thought it was De Jong who'd be the risk, but he had a good game and good tournament. Vitoria, already on a yellow, should have been the one to sit out. Should have been James and Jakovic, or even James and Straith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what to do with Larin. When you look at the Twellmans and Wondos of the world, usually great-club-bad-country goal scorers have trouble getting separation against decent teams. Larin clearly gets good separation. It should just be a matter of putting it in. But he doesn't. You have to stick with him, I think. But it's a huge problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we out chance teams by this much and still lose, it worries me.

While Cav's finishing was just as bad, at least he didn't kill promising attacks on his own, like Larin did a couple times, Cav just missed finishing them off.

Edited by GimliJetsMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Zambrano was smart before tonight, then he starts Larin and doesn't inject any pace in the backline against a team of athletic sprinters.

Can I be an international soccer manager? It doesn't seem very hard. I can see the obvious!!!

Idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think Zambrano got it wrong by playing too slow of a backline. I thought it was De Jong who'd be the risk, but he had a good game and good tournament. Vitoria, already on a yellow, should have been the one to sit out. Should have been James and Jakovic, or even James and Straith.

Agree - James is a must against a team that fast. Thought De Jong had a pretty solid game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One American said:

I don't know what to do with Larin. When you look at the Twellmans and Wondos of the world, usually great-club-bad-country goal scorers have trouble getting separation against decent teams. Larin clearly gets good separation. It should just be a matter of putting it in. But he doesn't. You have to stick with him, I think. But it's a huge problem. 

Good analogy.  Larin is our Wondo.  Great in MLS, but shanks the ball in goal with the Nats.  If we could have another forward, I'd put Larin further down.  If Larin wants to really get better at finishing and score in high pressure games, he needs to get his ass to Europe and show what he's got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, One American said:

I don't know what to do with Larin. When you look at the Twellmans and Wondos of the world, usually great-club-bad-country goal scorers have trouble getting separation against decent teams. Larin clearly gets good separation. It should just be a matter of putting it in. But he doesn't. You have to stick with him, I think. But it's a huge problem. 

I don't think you have to stick with him at all. Yes call him in when he is deserving and in form for club, but I am getting tired of him being given starts when he does not produce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lowlander said:
7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think Zambrano got it wrong by playing too slow of a backline. I thought it was De Jong who'd be the risk, but he had a good game and good tournament. Vitoria, already on a yellow, should have been the one to sit out. Should have been James and Jakovic, or even James and Straith.

Agree - James is a must against a team that fast. Thought De Jong had a pretty solid game.

I really thought Vitoria and Jakovic were our best CBs, but I'm really not sure after today. Maybe it really should be James and Jakovic... Man, we need help in the back. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DeRo_Is_King said:

I really thought Vitoria and Jakovic were our bet CBs, but I'm really not sure after today. Maybe it really should be James and Jakovic... Man, we need help in the back. 

I think Jakovic and Vitoria are a good pairing, but not against teams with speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Larin looked completely out of sync with the group tonight.

Which is only probable as he had a few days of training and had not played in the three previous games.  I am loving Oz but the two miscues were not starting James and starting Cyle. 

Edited by Club Linesman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

Good analogy.  Larin is our Wondo.  Great in MLS, but shanks the ball in goal with the Nats.  If we could have another forward, I'd put Larin further down.  If Larin wants to really get better at finishing and score in high pressure games, he needs to get his ass to Europe and show what he's got.

Wondo has a goal per 3 games with the US. That comparison is a slap in the face to him. Larin is on 5 goals in 21 game now, with no sign of turning it around anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think Jakovic and Vitoria are a good pairing, but not against teams with speed.

Which is essentially the entire concacaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Larin looked completely out of sync with the group tonight.

We've gotta understand that the team is still learning OZ's tactics, and the chemistry between players still insnt there. Larin is in a bit of a rough patch rn, considering the trauma from a DUI, the goal drought, and his abrupt arrival into the squad, its a bit shallow from people to criticize him. I know this team will be a fearsome attacking force, we just gotta wait guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Which is only probable as he had a few days of training and had not played in the three previous games.  I am loving Oz but the two miscues were not playing James and starting Cyle. 

I can't recall if I officially went on record here saying Cavallini should start the game, but I certainly thought about it. When I saw the starting line up I was disappointed not to see him in there. Mistake but we now move on and wait another 2 years until official competition.

I hope we see more friendlies in the meantime. The CSA has given us more in recent years but how do we expect to keep pace with CONCACAF when teams are playing more matches than we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...