Canada vs Jamaica Match Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

With the way James has played I'm not sure we concede both those goals if he's starting

Zambrano shouldhave started a back line with pace against jamaican .. fastest running pll in the world

Just now, GimliJetsMan said:

It honestly wasn't even close. We dominated them.

Finishing. Finishing. Finishing. It's so fucking frustrating. Larin and Cav both could have had multiple goals in the time they were on the pitch.

Airfield had a chance late too

1 minute ago, nolbertos said:

I really hope we use younger players.  Get rid of Dejong, Vitoria, Tiebert and others there.  They're not WCQ calibre or GC calibre against elite teams.  I honestly seen enough of Larin that he chokes on the national team.  Cavallini makes a difference when he's on. Rathet give another forward a try.

He's only 24 years old.

De Jong was a beast, cmon. Larin was put into a difficult position. Some of the comments here are way ridiculous. Let's be positive. I have been following the Canada Nats since the Olympic qualifiers in 1967, which I went to in Edmonton, and this is one of the brightest moments.

1 minute ago, GimliJetsMan said:

If our strikers are this trash why even play them.

Just pick a random Canadian, whose really tall and slot them in. They couldn't even play worse.

If we want a shitty tall striker we just need to wait what 5 years for Spencer to get citizenship...

1 minute ago, Macksam said:

I love Holiett's play today but that last cross he put in....made me drop my head....no.....made me slam my head into the hardwood.

As good as he was all game he gets a pass on that one from me but it was an awful "cross" 

I think Zambrano got it wrong by playing too slow of a backline. I thought it was De Jong who'd be the risk, but he had a good game and good tournament. Vitoria, already on a yellow, should have been the one to sit out. Should have been James and Jakovic, or even James and Straith.

I don't know what to do with Larin. When you look at the Twellmans and Wondos of the world, usually great-club-bad-country goal scorers have trouble getting separation against decent teams. Larin clearly gets good separation. It should just be a matter of putting it in. But he doesn't. You have to stick with him, I think. But it's a huge problem. 

I thought Zambrano was smart before tonight, then he starts Larin and doesn't inject any pace in the backline against a team of athletic sprinters.

Can I be an international soccer manager? It doesn't seem very hard. I can see the obvious!!!

Idiot.

Archived