Gold Cup: non-Canada QF chat thread

dyslexic nam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Just saw the video of the purple nurple and bite. Not sure how the ref is supposed to catch that in real-time, it was a pretty sneaky move. Maybe if there was video replay allowed...

I would hope that there is a pretty sizeable ban on the player.  The pinch is a shitty cheap shot, and deserves sanctioning, but to me biting crosses a line that needs serious repercussions.  And I mean like a one year ban from international play, or something.  That kind of behaviour is deplorable.

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I would hope that there is a pretty sizeable ban on the player.  The pinch is a shitty cheap shot, and deserves sanctioning, but to me biting crosses a line that needs serious repercussions.  And I mean like a one year ban from international play, or something.  That kind of behaviour is deplorable.

Agree, legally irl if reported, police do full investigation and prosecutor follows through with charges (which they should) the accused will almost always be looking at "assault causing bodily harm".

Which in my opinion, should always be the case, there is no place for that in life with the potential for the transmission of disease etc. etc. The fact it happened in sport makes it even more disturbing.

31 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Jozy had some funny quotes post game

About the only thing that was lacking from the match was a red card or two. Altidore said he had never been bitten, at least not without his permission.

"My girl is mad at me," he said. "She's mad at me, she's mad at Romero. She's like, 'Only I can bite you; only I can grab your nipples.'"

"CONCACAF never ceases to amaze me," Altidore said. "It is what it is. I shouldn't be saying, 'These things happen,' but they do."

4 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

Jozy had some funny quotes post game

About the only thing that was lacking from the match was a red card or two. Altidore said he had never been bitten, at least not without his permission.

"My girl is mad at me," he said. "She's mad at me, she's mad at Romero. She's like, 'Only I can bite you; only I can grab your nipples.'"

"CONCACAF never ceases to amaze me," Altidore said. "It is what it is. I shouldn't be saying, 'These things happen,' but they do."

I have gained a lot of respect for Altidore since he signed with TFC.  He went from ambivalent American player ("Booo!") to a really solid and hard working guy leading the line in TO.  And last night he earned a bit more respect.  The fact that he didn't absolutely murder that ES piece of shit showed a level of restraint I would never achieve.  I would have been been contemplating the red card while picking his teeth out of my knuckles.

On July 20, 2017 at 10:27 AM, dyslexic nam said:

Just following up.  6 games for the bite and nipple pinch, 3 games for another bite.  Not enough.

http://www.espnfc.us/concacaf-gold-cup/story/3163087/el-salvador-players-banned-6-and-3-games-after-biting-us-players

Glad Honduras is out.

Can Jamaica bunker and counter Mexico? I don't think so. I hope it is Costa Rica vs Mexico for the final.

Well so much for that. 2-0 US and it looks like yet another MvsU gold cup final.

23 hours ago, TRM said:

Glad Honduras is out.

Can Jamaica bunker and counter Mexico? I don't think so. I hope it is Costa Rica vs Mexico for the final.

Well so much for that. 2-0 US and it looks like yet another MvsU gold cup final.

You bet they can. Hilarious. 

Archived