Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Steven Vitória

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Defense squad for me still

Cuba

Adekugbe----Miller----Cornelius----Cordova

•Need to see where Miller and Cordova fit going forward

•Push Cornelius 

USA

Adekugbe----James----Henry----Brault-Guillard

•no experiments

•Brault-Guillard and Cordova competes for RB. Godhino needs to show me more at club before trusting him in high stake matches

•Cordova can play LB if needed. Cordova is definately a great option to replace a struggling fullback

•Always had more faith in James than Henry, faster as well

•Henry looks more sounds than Cornelius 

We have to play our strongest lineups against Cuba, especially in a 3 team group where goal difference tiebreakers will probably decide the winner.

Experimenting with the backline should happen in friendlies.

ZBG is in the same boat as Godinho. He has to show more at his club to justify another call up. 

We are not strong enough as a group to play an attacking 433 with only one DM. 3 CBs at the back with wingbacks or 4231 with 2 defensive mids, please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

We have to play our strongest lineups against Cuba, especially in a 3 team group where goal difference tiebreakers will probably decide the winner.

Experimenting with the backline should happen in friendlies.

ZBG is in the same boat as Godinho. He has to show more at his club to justify another call up. 

We are not strong enough as a group to play an attacking 433 with only one DM. 3 CBs at the back with wingbacks or 4231 with 2 defensive mids, please. 

If we dont call up godinho or zbg, who would we call? Cordova and Adekugbe? We probably still need an additional FB. ZBG may get another call if he features semi regularly for MTL. 

Agree we need full strength lineups for both games as goal difference will come into play for 3 team group as you alluded to. 

The time for experimenting is friendlies. 

Edited by king1010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 3:28 PM, BrennanFan said:

Moreirense finished 6th out of 18 teams, just outside of a European spot.  

Portugal is a very competitive league, right up there with Belgium and Turkey. Easily the highest level of any of our defenders. Good for him. Let's hope he gets some continuity and finds himself back in the CANMNT picture. He can still help us. 

Uh no? The league winner is one of Sporting, Porto or Benfica. Everyone else fights for mid table and hope not to get relegated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 3:28 PM, BrennanFan said:

Moreirense finished 6th out of 18 teams, just outside of a European spot.  

Portugal is a very competitive league, right up there with Belgium and Turkey. Easily the highest level of any of our defenders. Good for him. Let's hope he gets some continuity and finds himself back in the CANMNT picture. He can still help us. 

Uh no? The league winner is one of Sporting, Porto or Benfica. Everyone else fights for mid table and hope not to get relegated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 3:53 PM, BrennanFan said:

---------------------------Larin-------Cav

Davies------------------Oso----David---------------Hoilett

---------------------Eustaquio----Arfield

Adekugbe------------Kaye----Piette----------Cordova

---------Cornelius--James--Vitoria--Henry

---------------------------------Borjan

 

No I'm sorry on your bolded player. 

I agree with you on alot of things on here, but on this one I respectfully disagree. I don't think he will be called again to the CMNT and I'm 100% okay with that.

Vitoria has had a solid pro career but after getting exposed big time to Jamaica's pace in 2017 Gold Cup, I don't think we see him again.

Now 2 years later and specifically CONCACAF region teams, his lack of pace would really hurt us against most, if not all top 8 teams in the region. 

Also, it was not our CBs why we lost out on the Gold Cup, I'm totally cool with continuing working the same CB core (Miller over Vitoria)

Edited by apbsmith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

So your only problem with that lineup is Vitoria?    Not the fact that it has 17 players in it?

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, that it included depth roster spots. 

At the same time, with 17 players maybe we would have made the final in this Gold Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Gonna be hard to leave Vitoria out if he's playing every week and his club is winning.

Very good point, I originally thought he was done for us. He will be 33 when the "official WCQ games start", perhaps he becomes the new veteran CB role over Edgar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Gonna be hard to leave Vitoria out if he's playing every week and his club is winning.

And at a very good level in Liga NOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Gonna be hard to leave Vitoria out if he's playing every week and his club is winning.

Actually think it’s quite easy for Herdman to not call him, when he can rely on calling two CB’s from the worst team in MLS (don’t no what the sarcasm emoji is)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jordan said:

Actually think it’s quite easy for Herdman to not call him, when he can rely on calling two CB’s from the worst team in MLS (don’t no what the sarcasm emoji is)

You forgot to add... With one of the two coming off a muscle strain also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know...

He did throw the defense corps under the bus calling them Tier 3.

Perhaps he will rather rely on a defender like Vitoria who plays in a stronger league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ansem said:

I don't know...

He did throw the defense corps under the bus calling them Tier 3.

Perhaps he will rather rely on a defender like Vitoria who plays in a stronger league

I think he was playing in a stronger league in Poland as well, and he wasn’t getting calls when he was getting minutes there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, king1010 said:

at least he got a half decent rating? 

Watched the first half before David's game started.  Was solid, decent in the air and quite vocal. The goal the other team scored had no business going in, either the skill from the striker or the keeper letting it through.

Their team has been doing well but did not really look it yesterday. The thing I noticed most was it was being played away in front of about a dozen people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

 The thing I noticed most was it was being played away in front of about a dozen people.

To be fair, the team they were playing against (Santa Clara) is in a city with only 60k people and something like double that amount on the whole (very remote) island that they're on.  Really, it's somewhat amazing that they can even compete in the first division.  Then you add to that the fact that Vitoria's team is probably one of the least popular teams in the top league and that's what you get.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...