Canada vs Honduras Game Thread

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Ref was trash...

did we win the group ?

2nd so we're looking good, Canada showed they're able to score and defend when it matters. An other typical Borjan performance. Two goal line clearance, terrible ref and I enjoyed watch Oso 

did anyone else see that brain cramp by AD (somewhere between the 82-87)?  the defender just gave a stupid 1-touch straight to him and probably b/c he couldnt believe it, tried a 1-touch to (the other FW) but of course he was marked by the guy who gave it up to begin with.

that reminded me of the awesome play last match where AD went at em and took the ball to the edge of the 18.  he drew two and fed a sweet ball to somebody in the middle.  all that guy had to do was one-touch it to the runner and an easy tap-in.

both these cases show me they lose poise in the final third....  some things never change....

3 minutes ago, kungfucious said:

did anyone else see that brain cramp by AD (somewhere between the 82-87)?  the defender just gave a stupid 1-touch straight to him and probably b/c he couldnt believe it, tried a 1-touch to (the other FW) but of course he was marked by the guy who gave it up to begin with.

that reminded me of the awesome play last match where AD went at em and took the ball to the edge of the 18.  he drew two and fed a sweet ball to somebody in the middle.  all that guy had to do was one-touch it to the runner and an easy tap-in.

both these cases show me they lose poise in the final third....  some things never change....

But...he's 16...

Holly crap someone was quick to Update the Wiki page....

Anyone aware that there is NO ExtraTime until the actual final? 90min and then straight PKs....unless its a Wiki blunder.

In the quarter-finals and semi-finals, if the scores remain level after 90 minutes the match will go directly to a penalty shoot-out, without any extra time being played. For the final, extra time and a penalty shoot-out will be used to determine the winners if necessary. A fourth substitution is allowed during extra time in the final. Unlike the 2015 edition, there will be no third-place match.

4 minutes ago, canadianfoot said:

Holly crap someone was quick to Update the Wiki page....

Anyone aware that there is NO ExtraTime until the actual final? 90min and then straight PKs....unless its a Wiki blunder.

In the quarter-finals and semi-finals, if the scores remain level after 90 minutes the match will go directly to a penalty shoot-out, without any extra time being played. For the final, extra time and a penalty shoot-out will be used to determine the winners if necessary. A fourth substitution is allowed during extra time in the final. Unlike the 2015 edition, there will be no third-place match.

yes this has been brought up the past day

3 hours ago, beachesl said:

Idiot Honduras fans, do not shout Ole unless your team is ahead.

Yeah, they are a real creative bunch :rolleyes:. They've got the Ole, ole, ole thing and Hon-du-ras chants. Must have taken the collective brain trust months to come up with such originality because they don't have any others.

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

We saw you guys again! On TV for all 3 games!

Nice! We tried to do our part to help the drinking game along ;)

It seems that one of the CSA photographers got me too, but with the full on goofy face look. It was early in the game when we were still pretty anxious, so I'm not sure if it looks like intensity or bordering on a bit maniacal. I am kind of seeing Uncle Leo from the Seinfeld show but you be the judge. 

20170714_CANMNT_01

Archived