Honduras - July 14th Pre-game thread

TRM

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want the team to beat them for a hell of a lot more than ranking points.  Hold them down and rub their noses in a 4-0 win.  Lets keep this attitude change going, let the youngsters loose, go for the win.  Forget about a draw is good enough, and then worry about that Malouda situation etc. How many times have we played it safe thinking a draw is enough and it bites us on the ass??   

Just looking at the bracket, and I'm not liking the look of Martinique on top of their group at the moment. In terms of ranking points it would be annoying to play them in the knockout rounds. I guess if we are to lose to anyone in the knockout rounds, from a ranking points point of view it would be best to lose to Martinique.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

Just looking at the bracket, and I'm not liking the look of Martinique on top of their group at the moment. In terms of ranking points it would be annoying to play them in the knockout rounds. I guess if we are to lose to anyone in the knockout rounds, from a ranking points point of view it would be best to lose to Martinique.

Martinique isn't going to last up there.. panama and the USA should both beat them easily

10 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Stupid question but I'm not too familiar with the Honduran team but did they go with a lesser line up last night after learning about the illegal player?

No. They played a slightly stronger lineup than the one against CR in their first game.

6 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

No. They played a slightly stronger lineup than the one against CR in their first game.

Thanks a lot.  Was just wondering if they might have gone weaker assuming a forfeit and resting for Friday.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Come on. Did you honestly just say you didn't want to face Martinique because of ranking points? I would gladly play them in the quarters if it meant a way better chance of advancing

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

What Honduras player got their second yellow card last night? I think I saw that on twitter somewhere.

Edit: looks like Ever Alvarado. I assume he is out for the third game?

Under the circumstances, I don't think we can safely assume anything about how that game impacts things moving forward.

5 minutes ago, adrenaline11 said:

Have you guys seen their tweet with pictures of them handing in their protest in brown envelopes?

They're practically rubbing it in.

Beat them. Beat them hard.

Given that this is CONCACAF, I think we can safely assume the envelopes are actually filled with cash.

Archived