Costa Rica - July 11th Pre-Game Thread

TRM

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, grigorio said:

do we see Cavallini for Canada ever again? Or has pouty mcpoutface grown up?

Stunned at how green this lineup is. Holy shit kids. If this were Floro we'd be calling for his head fosho. 

Let's not get carried away. At least we're not playing with 6 CBs. Adekugbe and AJH as starters are reasonable squad rotation moves. Davies earned the right to go again. We have no one else for RB than Petrasso. Kaye is the only real head-scratcher.

Not sure about Kaye or ajh.. yes he's proven as a sub but the match I saw him basically start for Montreal (came in 5 minutes in) he was pretty invisible

also just shows what a joke our rb situation is.. we go with petrasso again? 

1 minute ago, grigorio said:

do we see Cavallini for Canada ever again? Or has pouty mcpoutface grown up?

Stunned at how green this lineup is. Holy shit kids. If this were Floro we'd be calling for his head fosho. 

It's the same as Klinsman/Bruce Arena situation, people are willing to give the new guy a chance and so far OZ said he wants us to score and he's made the team play that way. That said I would go Osorio or Teibert over Kaye any day but let's see..

It's almost as if the Wizard is gearing up for the final game of the tournie and taking a huge flyer on this game and throwing some kids into the fire.  Not sure if I would have been this bold with the lineup in a tournament that is the pinnacle of our soccer for the next two years.

2 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Not sure about Kaye or ajh.. yes he's proven as a sub but the match I saw him basically start for Montreal (came in 5 minutes in) he was pretty invisible

He has 5 goals and 1 assist in less than 4 full matches of play for Montreal (1 goal, 1 assist in his 3 starts. Hardly invisible. I prefer him as a sub as well but I think he can do the job.

1 minute ago, Keegan said:

Agreed. I like the Adekube switch for MDJ, but thought Cavallini did more than enough to get another start. Also, who the f#%k is Kaye? Okay I'm exaggerating, but dayum....

38 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

--------------------AJH------------------

Davies--Kaye---Arfield-Hoilett

------------------Piette---------------

Ade.---Vitoria----Jako---Petr.

--------------------Borjan------------

That's how I see it except hoilette and Davies might switch wings

Just now, jonovision said:

He has 5 goals and 1 assist in less than 4 full matches of play for Montreal. Hardly invisible. I prefer him as a sub as well but I think he can do the job.

also has a goal and assist in Canada's last two matches..

This line-up speaks "assume we aren't going to get any of the ball & play for a draw" to me - hence the changes who are all players who will cover more ground (and thus do more running) then their replacements.

Although if you are going to play defensive & counter style game, then Ricketts makes more sense up front than AJH to me. But I'll see how we actually try to play first before passing judgment.

Archived