Canada vs French Guiana - Match Thread

mpg_29

1 minute ago, TRM said:

Lots of joy in the performance of Alphonso and Scott but concern about losing control against a weak team. Weird or just long suffering Canuck soccer fan?

Listen, I didn't mean to offend. If I did, I do sincerely apologize, there ain't enough Canadian soccer team fans as it is and the last thing I want is for someone to have animosity because of that comment. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lazlo_80 said:

Listen, I didn't mean to offend. If I did, I do sincerely apologize, there ain't enough Canadian soccer team fans as it is and the last thing I want is for someone to have animosity because of that comment. 

No offense taken. Just a great day and a few laughs well downing some beer after a GC win.

1 minute ago, mpg_29 said:

So both of next games are in Texas?...Jesus...facing Costa Rica and Honduras in the Texas heat...

It's been an unusually cool summer here....only mid 30s most days....humidity especially in Houston will be a challenge

Today in DFW the high was 32

So many headlines could be written from this one!  

Overall pretty pleased with the majority of play except the nail biting parts........ which unfortunately they always seem to include for us.  

Glad they got the result and responded the way they did after the rain and Honduran fans let up.  Hoping Cavalini will shake off his last game against them and put in one or many to shut them up early next Friday.

So happy for Arfield and Davies......well earned!!!

Any update on Borjan?

1 minute ago, dsqpr said:

FWIW it made me laugh! Just good banter. I really hope nobody took it seriously. :)

Me too. Maybe it is weird or maybe after decades some of us have just found the dark lining to a silver cloud. Or maybe too many beers and just being over analytical?

38 minutes ago, Birdman said:

have to say AJH and Davies make a better team than Davies and Cavallini.

also soooooo glad Davies became a Canadian before the GC.

Cavallini was a beast out there will only play better the more games he gets in the national team, we are lucky to have him back.

1 minute ago, 1996 said:

Cavallini was a beast out there will only play better the more games he gets in the national team, we are lucky to have him back.

Agreed. I dont agree that ajh and davies are head and shoulders above cavallini. 

27 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

It's been an unusually cool summer here....only mid 30s most days....humidity especially in Houston will be a challenge

Today in DFW the high was 32

Too bad BBVA isn't a retractable roof like Minute Maid Park. I was in Houston just after the May 24 weekend. Nice ballpark and the weather was tolerable.

People are rueing the goals we conceded? I thought after Floro people were saying they would be happy with high scoring losses.

Good game yesterday. It doesn't make me more confident for the next two games, but I'm happy the streak is over and we are off to a good start. Pumped about Davies' performance. According to Wikipedia, Davies is tied for 6th most career goals in the Gold Cup for Canada.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Time_CONCACAF_Gold_Cup_Goals

Archived