BOOM SOURCE: Moncton could be in the CPL by 2018

Nobody called him a liar (that I can remember) just pointed out that he's said things prematurely before and to take anything he says with a grain of salt.  Now I will watch the video :)

Edit-I fact checked the other Totera thread and the word "liar" does not appear lol

2 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

That video literally said there is no ownership group in place. This is pure speculation. 

Pretty much old news, they've been public before.  The only new newsworthy thing was the public information meeting the league is holding.  Encouraging for sure but nothing too earth shattering at this time...

5 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

That video literally said there is no ownership group in place. This is pure speculation. 

Younes Bouida states clearly that investors in NB are now seriously talking about the idea of getting a team up-and-running soon. Several months ago NO investors wanted in, now things have changed.

Like I said nothing really new but the fact that the CPL is going out there for the dog and pony show would tend to indicate there is some serious interest out there.  That's the biggest take away from the story for me.

Wouldn't Moncton have had to be on Totera's tweeted list of seven cities for 2018 for anybody to be wrong in questioning whether that deserved to be taken seriously? Given Moncton has a metro area of 145,000 and was 29th on the list of metro areas in population terms on the last census, it's more evidence that smaller markets with a suitable stadium solution are now very much the focus of what is happening.  

2 hours ago, Pat Carrasco said:

Are you still going to call Anthony Totera a liar? Shame on all the Totera haters!!!

Moncton appears nowhere in Totera's recent list of cities, yet you hold up a CTV video about a potential Moncton team as proof that he's right?

1) Is it necessary to start a new thread about everything? Use the general thread 

2) I'm fairly convinced that the "Totera is full of BS" line of thinking is just the automatic response to people taking vague tweets and making it seem like he's laying out facts (that, and his general presentation style doesn't suit everyone). The constant credibility question keeps popping up specifically because posts like this misrepresent him

On 07/07/2017 at 5:16 PM, Complete Homer said:

1) Is it necessary to start a new thread about everything? Use the general thread 

2) I'm fairly convinced that the "Totera is full of BS" line of thinking is just the automatic response to people taking vague tweets and making it seem like he's laying out facts (that, and his general presentation style doesn't suit everyone). The constant credibility question keeps popping up specifically because posts like this misrepresent him

If this had actually been a strong indication of a Moncton team, I would argue a new thread is best. Let's not forget what happened with the old general thread. If I see there are new messages in the general thread, I don't typically think there is any new news. If I see a thread talking about a possible team in a given city, then I'm going to get excited and prioritize reading that rather than prioritizing reading page 15 of the CPL General thread.

Archived