Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pat Carrasco

BOOM SOURCE: Moncton could be in the CPL by 2018

Recommended Posts

Nobody called him a liar (that I can remember) just pointed out that he's said things prematurely before and to take anything he says with a grain of salt.  Now I will watch the video :)

Edit-I fact checked the other Totera thread and the word "liar" does not appear lol

Edited by Rheo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

That video literally said there is no ownership group in place. This is pure speculation. 

Pretty much old news, they've been public before.  The only new newsworthy thing was the public information meeting the league is holding.  Encouraging for sure but nothing too earth shattering at this time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

That video literally said there is no ownership group in place. This is pure speculation. 

 Younes Bouida states clearly that investors in NB are now seriously talking about the idea of getting a team up-and-running soon. Several months ago NO investors wanted in, now things have changed.

Edited by Pat Carrasco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pat Carrasco said:

 Younes Bouida states clearly that investors in NB are now seriously talking about the idea of getting a team up-and-running soon.

This has been known for months. Here is an article from March where Bouida says the same thing.

Edited by harrycoyster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't Moncton have had to be on Totera's tweeted list of seven cities for 2018 for anybody to be wrong in questioning whether that deserved to be taken seriously? Given Moncton has a metro area of 145,000 and was 29th on the list of metro areas in population terms on the last census, it's more evidence that smaller markets with a suitable stadium solution are now very much the focus of what is happening.  

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Is it necessary to start a new thread about everything? Use the general thread 

2) I'm fairly convinced that the "Totera is full of BS" line of thinking is just the automatic response to people taking vague tweets and making it seem like he's laying out facts (that, and his general presentation style doesn't suit everyone). The constant credibility question keeps popping up specifically because posts like this misrepresent him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2017 at 5:16 PM, Complete Homer said:

1) Is it necessary to start a new thread about everything? Use the general thread 

2) I'm fairly convinced that the "Totera is full of BS" line of thinking is just the automatic response to people taking vague tweets and making it seem like he's laying out facts (that, and his general presentation style doesn't suit everyone). The constant credibility question keeps popping up specifically because posts like this misrepresent him

If this had actually been a strong indication of a Moncton team, I would argue a new thread is best. Let's not forget what happened with the old general thread. If I see there are new messages in the general thread, I don't typically think there is any new news. If I see a thread talking about a possible team in a given city, then I'm going to get excited and prioritize reading that rather than prioritizing reading page 15 of the CPL General thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...