I would guess the monthly fee to be in the 8-10$ range per month and that's reasonable for me.

Also I expect them to have the channel available on Roku and Apple TV as well, hope they add the Xbone one and PS4 too but Roku will suffice for me with the $40 streaming stick I picked up last Christmas.

Edited by CDNFootballer
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to sound like a big shot but $75 a YEAR is peanuts. You buy 4 beers at one game and it's 50$ ( and then you have to wait in line to piss it all away). Let's support this league as much as possible

Scott Russell and Andi Petrillo will host (I am imagining with guests tba per game) Gareth Wheeler and former Canadian international Terry Dunfield Announcing Nigel Reed with additional

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, CDNFootballer said:

I would guess the monthly fee to be in the 8-10$ range per month and that's reasonable for me.

Also I expect them to have the channel available on Roku and Apple TV as well, hope they add the Xbone one and PS4 too but Roku will suffice for me with the $40 streaming stick I picked up last Christmas.

Kinda hoping it's in the $5-$8 range. 

From their website:

How can I watch OneSoccer?

OneSoccer will be available right from the start on the OneSoccer.ca website and on iOS and Android through the OneSoccer App. We are working to add new apps and devices in the near future.

51 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Well that clears that I guess...

Point of fact THAT is actually an edited tweet.  Original read...

EEEWWWW...? That's literally what USL does.  Someone is a dumb ass crack-head, DAH-WAYNE

Actually kind of like where this is going.  Turn of phrase sort of thing.

"Don't do a USL."

This is what Bein does with Ray Hudson and broadcast his partner. They also have a Brazilian guy they use for a lot of the SAmerican games. Im not a fan because it looses a feel of being there. On the flip side its a pretty good broadcast crew. Not sure if thats the plan but its the mold of what they do for their other games

Edited by SpursFlu
9 hours ago, dsqpr said:

The only way to draw that inference is by assuming that none of the CPL matches are "key matches", which is pretty hard to justify.

I didn't draw an inference given "seems to hint" should provide the reader with a pretty strong signal of an element of doubt on my part and it had nothing to do with making value judgements about what is a key match. If the part about the selection of key matches had been a separate sentence, the text would have read differently.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard
2 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

I wonder if these are the same people who said they would be called from a monitor in Miami?

Slightly related to TV but has there been any mention of radio coverage? Are there local radio  stations in each market that could broadcast the matches?

23 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

This is what Bein does with Ray Hudson and broadcast his partner. They also have a Brazilian guy they use for a lot of the SAmerican games. Im not a fan because it looses a feel of being there. On the flip side its a pretty good broadcast crew. Not sure if thats the plan but its the mold of what they do for their other games

This is also what TSN does for all MLS road games. A lot of American MLS teams do this for their local broadcasts as well. So if it happens in the 'higher' leagues, not really surprising that it might happen in CPL.

It's going to be interesting to see what type of subscription options they offer especially considering CPL is only active for half the year. Significant content drought during Nov-Apr besides odd NT game or behind the scenes stuff/documentaries. So how many people would keep paying during those months?

I suspect they will have to almost surely offer a good value annual subscription alongside a per/month option.... similar to what DAZN does.

11 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

It's going to be interesting to see what type of subscription options they offer especially considering CPL is only active for half the year. Significant content drought during Nov-Apr besides odd NT game or behind the scenes stuff/documentaries. So how many people would keep paying during those months?

I suspect they will have to almost surely offer a good value annual subscription alongside a per/month option.... similar to what DAZN does.

Might not be a bad idea for them to enter discussions with Futsal. They run through the winter right? That could help fill the winter-gap.

Considering this league is new, and not many people know about it, just starting up etc; I think Media Pro should play it safe and grow from there. Most people will only be willing to pay $30-40 for a subscription to all the action

- 98 Regular season matches + The Final

- All Canadian Championship matches

- CanMNT and CanWNT games 

34 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Considering this league is new, and not many people know about it, just starting up etc; I think Media Pro should play it safe and grow from there. Most people will only be willing to pay $30-40 for a subscription to all the action

- 98 Regular season matches + The Final

- All Canadian Championship matches

- CanMNT and CanWNT games 

That would be nice but I don't see it being less than $60 for an annual sub.

1 hour ago, mpg_29 said:

Thats around where MLS was a couple of years ago for MLS Live. More than double the league games (probably 3x). I would be surprised if CPL tries to go that large even if it is for the year. 

I see a one-time subscription fee. Maybe they will call them 'seasons'. Basically subscribe for this year of CPL plus all extras and CMNT games until the league kicks off next year. 

4 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

$5 a month for a game or 2 (if lucky) a month from November to March is high, even with bonus content, curious if we see some kind of indoor league start-up for the winter or more friendly events (like a Canada Cup) pops up. Also still think it's possible One Soccer isn't exclusively Canadian soccer, there's still some solid leagues that would get attention in Canada that are without a broadcaster.

Edited by matty

I can't eat at McDonalds once for under $9. I spend more than that at Tim's each week on my morning commute and I bought a year of DAZN content for $120.  I think Celtic TV costs me $240 Canadian, but that's a pretty polished product, sooooo what is a season of CPL worth?

One Soccer, if your're reading, if you can't get a $100 for a season's worth of CPL matches you're doing something wrong.  Either you're providing a piss poor product or pursuing the wong customers. 

Just my humble opinion.  Take it in context.

Your's Truly

Zen Cheeta.