CPL TV Contract

Just now, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

When are we going to find out how we can watch the matches?

They’ve said that all games will be available to stream via their app and website. That’s about all we know now and they haven’t given a timeline as to actual rollout. MediaPRO will be filming training camps to start creating content.

2 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

They’ve said that all games will be available to stream via their app and website. That’s about all we know now and they haven’t given a timeline as to actual rollout. MediaPRO will be filming training camps to start creating content.

Thanks. Have they mentioned if there will be a cost and if they will be geoblocked? 

3 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Thanks. Have they mentioned if there will be a cost and if they will be geoblocked? 

No mention of geoblocking but I believe they mentioned a monthly fee for the app/site subscription. They will for sure international broadcasts at some point because they’ve already said games will be available in France in season 2

40 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

No mention of geoblocking but I believe they mentioned a monthly fee for the app/site subscription. They will for sure international broadcasts at some point because they’ve already said games will be available in France in season 2

I feel that's a possibility that games can be watched in France, since it's in the summer and there's no championship in EUrope. Mediapro promised hat they will open a broadcast channel in France since they lost their contract in Italy:
https://advanced-television.com/2018/05/29/mediapro-loses-italian-football-tv-rights/

Related to the Media Pro deal, do we know if the Canada vs French Guiana game will be on TV (TSN)? I believe the last home game was on TV, do we know if the next one was already obtained by TSN or is the Media Pro deal for the CMNT effective immediately?

Has anyone announced what platform I will be able to watch games on yet? I get that this mediapro company that I've never heard of has some sort of deal that I don't understand. But what does this actually mean in terms of me watching the product?

So... whether it’s DAZN or something else, I finally surrendered and signed up for it. Not only does it have the Premiership, the ECL, MLS, and the Libertadores, but I strongly suspect that it will have the CPL. I sat down to do the math (not my strong suit) and by canceling a few soccer channels from my TV package I’ve saved $450 ish /yr. DAZN costs something like $115/yr.

Financials aside, I think that the fact that it’s Mediapro makes DAZN a good bet. Even if it weren’t exclusively DAZN (the odd match on local TV?) I’ve seen DAZN’s MLS coverage now, and I’m expecting something similar. 

I just hope that the rights to the various above tournaments don’t get picked up by different services again, forcing me to change yet again. 

I am waiting - just because my decision will be entirely driven by CPL's final destination.  I am missing the Champion's League this year -and would love to be able to see games where other Canadians are playing abroad - but I won't be subscribing to 2 services and will not be missing out on CPL.  It will be announced in advance of teague kick-off, so I am still in a holding pattern.

On 3/2/2019 at 7:30 PM, CDNFootballer said:

One problem with DAZN is getting it shown in bars/pubs legally. A personal account with DAZN is only whats available at the moment in Canada apparently and technically you need a commercial license which isn't available in Canada. I've spoken to some bar owners recently and they absolutely won't show DAZN events yet as they say they don't and can't get the commercial license yet.

Late last year, Integrated Sports Media (IMS) signed an exclusive agreement to distribute DAZN programming to commercial establishments in the USA. Canada needs a similar distributor for DAZN commercial rights ASAP.

The Firkin chain has DAZN now. 

They were advertising DAZN/champions league games on their receipts when i was in there a few weeks ago. 

7 hours ago, Ams1984 said:

So... whether it’s DAZN or something else, I finally surrendered and signed up for it. Not only does it have the Premiership, the ECL, MLS, and the Libertadores, but I strongly suspect that it will have the CPL. I sat down to do the math (not my strong suit) and by canceling a few soccer channels from my TV package I’ve saved $450 ish /yr. DAZN costs something like $115/yr.

Financials aside, I think that the fact that it’s Mediapro makes DAZN a good bet. Even if it weren’t exclusively DAZN (the odd match on local TV?) I’ve seen DAZN’s MLS coverage now, and I’m expecting something similar. 

I just hope that the rights to the various above tournaments don’t get picked up by different services again, forcing me to change yet again. 

Does DAZN show all MLS games? All Canadian MLS games? All TFC games?

15 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

It’s a concacaf tournament. Pretty sure the mediaPro deal has no bearing here.

Werent the last few games on a streaming platform that concacaf patterned with? Oz or something?

it's on canadian soil and features canada and as games have been spilt betweem tsn and oz it seems likely the hosting nation owms the rights 

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Does DAZN show all MLS games? All Canadian MLS games? All TFC games?

Honestly, I just got it so I’m not sure. I’ve seen an MLS section on the menu beside the other leagues’ sections. I’ll let you know next time there’s a TFC game!

26 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

Hmm... what if I’m on vacation in FL watching Orlando vs TFC on DAZN? Is it only for DAZN users in Canada (the delay)? 

Other countries have different rightsholders. I believe you need to have ESPN+ in the States to watch MLS games online.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Any MLS game on TSN and TVAS will be subject to a 48 hour delay on DAZN.

Which means there is no way it was useful to me anymore. It was the only way to watch all Montreal games that were not on TSN. Now they black out every MTL game.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:20 PM, Raven1555362272 said:

Which means there is no way it was useful to me anymore. It was the only way to watch all Montreal games that were not on TSN. Now they black out every MTL game.

Any game that is available on domestic Canadian television is delayed on DAZN, just as it used to be back in the day on MLS Live.

However I want to watch Chicago v Orlando today, but that match is delayed until this afternoon for some reason. Even though it is not on TSN. I have submitted a request to DAZN to find out why.

1 hour ago, masster said:

Any game that is available on domestic Canadian television is delayed on DAZN, just as it used to be back in the day on MLS Live.

However I want to watch Chicago v Orlando today, but that match is delayed until this afternoon for some reason. Even though it is not on TSN. I have submitted a request to DAZN to find out why.

The difference now is that TVA is a national broadcaster. Preciously you could watch all the non TSN games on MLS Live. I was able to watch all Impact games online.