Sign in to follow this  
matty

A Modest Idea

29 minutes ago, ted said:

Sweet mother of god, what do you think the Stanley and Grey Cup are, random names the league made up when the bought the trophies??!?

Of COURSE we can donate a ******* trophy for whatever ******* purpose if they will let us. Why would they NOT??!?!?! 

Touché!

50 minutes ago, ted said:

Sweet mother of god, what do you think the Stanley and Grey Cup are, random names the league made up when the bought the trophies??!?

Of COURSE we can donate a ******* trophy for whatever ******* purpose if they will let us. Why would they NOT??!?!?! 

Realistically, this should come from a combination of us and all the CanPL SG's 

My thoughts:

1. I see no problem with a top U23 Canadian in CPL award from the supporters and this is what I would prefer. I honestly don't think foreign players would have a problem with this either.

2. I see no problem with including a cheque with the award. As has already been mentioned, the cash could be meaningful to a young player who is probably not on a high salary to begin with.

3. I don't think that raising the cash annually is an issue. I'm sure that anybody who is willing to kick in $10 this year will do so next year. Give out approx 2/3 of the initial pot to allow a buffer for next year. Sponsorship would also be nice.

4. Voting: have each SG elect its own candidate. This will produce a list having one player for each team. Then have the SGs choose the winner from the list, with the caveat that you cannot vote for your own player. There is a way to mathematically "normalize" the results so that the teams with bigger SGs are not at a disadvantage (for each player we record total votes received divided by maximum possible votes that could be received by that player).

5. Yeah, of course we should have one person on point for staying in touch with the league on this, but this is our award and we will do what we please with it!!

Edited by Lofty