Stephen Eustaquio

52 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

The fact that the quote is coming from Eustaquio makes me think European based players will be involved. 😏

At the very least, it shows that Herdman is maintaining good lines of communication with the players, and that the players are showing an interest in the program, as a whole, rather than only focusing on their individual part.

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

At the very least, it shows that Herdman is maintaining good lines of communication with the players, and that the players are showing an interest in the program, as a whole, rather than only focusing on their individual part.

And i really hope CSA is actually behind this, not just Herdman doing this best and keeping in touch with the players on his own initiative.

13 minutes ago, costarg said:

And i really hope CSA is actually behind this, not just Herdman doing this best and keeping in touch with the players on his own initiative.

Eh? On his own initiative? Maintaining communication with the players in the senior pool is an integral part of the PD for an international manager.

https://www.vsports.pt/vsports/vod/golo-fc-p-ferreira-uilton-88-fc-p-ferreira-2-0-fc-famalicao-61955?jwsource=cl

Link to his assist in today's 2-0 victory.  Still early in the season, but currently sitting 5th in a Europa League position. 

When Eustaquio joined Pacos de Ferriera in January of this year, they were sitting well into the relegation zone.  He's been fantastic since joinging Pacos, particularly after the Covid restart in June.

26 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

He sounded pretty happy to re-sign with Cruz Azul, and I can't see why they wouldn't at this rate, meh performance aside. Then again, they did loan him out twice for no reason so who knows!

That would be a crazy move.  He was healthy last year - essentially the same player they signed in the first place - and they still farmed him out.  If it was me, I would get away from CA for sure.   He is entering his prime years. He can’t gamble another year of his career on a club that has seemed disinterested in him for a long time now.  

1 hour ago, PiedPilko said:

He sounded pretty happy to re-sign with Cruz Azul, and I can't see why they wouldn't at this rate, meh performance aside. Then again, they did loan him out twice for no reason so who knows!

I don’t think he re-signed with them. He surely signed for more than one year with the fee they paid. 

As for staying with his current club if they qualify for Europe I think he’s going to get a higher money offer to play elsewhere that I don’t think Pacos will be able to match. 

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I don’t think he re-signed with them. He surely signed for more than one year with the fee they paid. 

As for staying with his current club if they qualify for Europe I think he’s going to get a higher money offer to play elsewhere that I don’t think Pacos will be able to match. 

No, he hasn't done it yet, but he sounded very open to it. He's obviously good enough to play at a higher level, but it's ultimately up to him.

32 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

No, he hasn't done it yet, but he sounded very open to it. He's obviously good enough to play at a higher level, but it's ultimately up to him.

If you look at what he said (vs what the author interprets) I don’t see a lot that suggests a strong interest in returning.  He says what you would expect - he got along with some of the players, the club treated him fine, and he has to talk to the coach once his loan spell ends.  That is all fairly standard - and I wouldn’t take any of it to mean that he has a strong interest to return.   He just isn’t burning bridges, which is the smart/diplomatic thing to do at this point.  

Edit: Really turned it around in the 2nd half. Maybe it had more to do with positioning.

He's playing now, and unfortunately... this is looking like his third poor performance in a row. He's missing his switches, imprecise and ineffective on defense and not dancing between thirds like we've seen.

His big thing is supposed to be his ability to read plays, get where he needs to be and distribute efficiently. Without that, his lack of pace and physicality really shows. Hope he can sort himself out.

Edited by PiedPilko