Stephen Eustaquio

Time for weekly Eustaquio gushing:

He stayed further back today so play didn't flow through him as much as usual. What was interesting, is that his tackling/aerial duels seem like they've really improved, the few chances he's had to show it. He's not very big, and tackling has never been his strength, so it seems like he's been working on it. Eustaquio's already incredibly well-rounded in possession, so if he can add that to his game, he could be really scary.

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Here's the goal!

I don't speak much Portuguese but if they say Eustaquio a lot, that's a good thing - right?

Not Portuguese, it's French. 😛

Unfortunately, he just conceded a pk just now. Controversial handball. Not sure what else he could've done there.

5 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Not Portuguese, it's French. 😛

Unfortunately, he just conceded a pk just now. Controversial handball. Not sure what else he could've done there.

He could have decided not to break his fall with his hands and just face planted into the turf.

That said, 90% of ball to hand situations in the box get called.

24 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Watching him go against my Porto team.

Just scored to make it 2-0. Played a fantastic volley through ball during the set up. Doing it all night.

Also helped set up a goal that, even I admit was wrongfully called back.

Basically killing Porto right now.. God I wish we sign him lol.

I wish you sign him too :) 

Would love to see him on Porto

35 minutes ago, Snowcrash said:

He could have decided not to break his fall with his hands and just face planted into the turf.

That said, 90% of ball to hand situations in the box get called.

I haven't seen the play in question, but there is a specific exception in the Law when a player uses his hand/arm to support himself while falling.

Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

• directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
  • directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
  • if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger
  • when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body

11 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Its a good thing we already have this guy locked in. With some more performances like this it isn't unrealistic to think Portugal might have given him a call. Kind of the anti-Ferreira.

He will be a goddamned star for our team for years to come.  Really glad he chose us. 

23 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Its a good thing we already have this guy locked in. With some more performances like this it isn't unrealistic to think Portugal might have given him a call. Kind of the anti-Ferreira.

What're you talking about? Ferreira's getting called back to Portugal aaaaany daaaaaay now.