Stephen Eustaquio

10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

6 goals in 38 games baby! 🔥

I mean that’s a much better rate than Liam Millar in a much much tougher league but that doesn’t stop us from hyping him up.

Anytime you have a young guy playing lots of minutes in a top tier league you’re going to get unreasonable hype. I don’t think that’s particularly unusual.

13 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I mean that’s a much better rate than Liam Millar in a much much tougher league but that doesn’t stop us from hyping him up.

Anytime you have a young guy playing lots of minutes in a top tier league you’re going to get unreasonable hype. I don’t think that’s particularly unusual.

You're right, just having some fun. To be fair to the Americans, they have cooled off on him a bit. We have done the same for Millar too.

Edited by Obinna

7 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Josh Sargent is still just 20 and has 5 goals in 12 games for the USMNT already and is a Bundesliga regular. Hardly a guy not to be excited about for them. If he was Canadian he would be our 3rd best young player.

He is arguably their 6th best young player after Pulisic, Reyna, Dest, McKennie, and Adams. If you rate Weah higher then he drops to 7th.

Getting pretty off-topic here, considering this is SE thread, but I really hope Millar can have a strong season out on loan. He should be part of this conversation, being compared against these guys (well, maybe not Pulisic), but so far he just hasn't had the output. I think a strong Championship loan that sees him scoring close to double-digits would factor him into discussions like this.

Are those unrealistic expectations for a guy who only scored twice in Scotland? With Canada he passes the eye test. He has looked great every chance he has had. He's earned 8 caps for a reason, but still no goals. Similar story at club level, even though he has scored boatloads for Liverpool's youth teams. It's a little perplexing, because other players who've dominated in their youth system have produced. Maybe we'll see his production pick up soon. He should only get better with more experience.

It is also too bad Tabla is no longer comparable to all these top young players. Talent is there, output is not. 

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

He is arguably their 6th best young player after Pulisic, Reyna, Dest, McKennie, and Adams. If you rate Weah higher than he drops to 7th.

Getting pretty off-topic here, considering this is SE thread, but I really hope Millar can have a strong season out on loan. He should be part of this conversation, being compared against these guys (well, maybe not Pulisic), but so far he just hasn't had the output. I think a strong Championship loan that sees him scoring close to double-digits would factor him into discussions like this.

Are those unrealistic expectations for a guy who only scored twice in Scotland? With Canada he passes the eye test. He has looked great every chance he has had. He's earned 8 caps for a reason, but still no goals. Similar story at club level, even though he has scored boatloads for Liverpool's youth teams. It's a little perplexing, because other players who've dominated in their youth system have produced. Maybe we'll see his production pick up soon. He should only get better with more experience.

It is also too bad Tabla is no longer comparable to all these top young players. Talent is there, output is not. 

I think he plays striker often with Liverpool no? Of course he’d score more in that position that playing a defensive minded LM. Maybe he’ll go on loan somewhere that he can get a chance up front.

• 2 weeks later...

He is quality and I suspect once his contract is up with Cruz Azul, he will be joining a bigger club.

A yellow card and substitution and still rated well above anyone else on his team.  Seems to be one of the most important players week in and week out for Pacos since restarting last season after the break due to Covid.

32 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

This guy is quality.. damn. Pacos had a rough game against Sporting, but man, I don't see Kaye or Piette taking that starting role from him, guy is on another level.

I do feel Kaye is a different player. I think they would partner each other very nicely.

Piette is definitely odd man out, but he’s definitely a guy I bring on to close out the game.

On 9/27/2020 at 9:54 PM, LeoH037 said:

This guy is quality.. damn. Pacos had a rough game against Sporting, but man, I don't see Kaye or Piette taking that starting role from him, guy is on another level.

I watched the game on a French channel. Commentators highlighted his quality and were noting that he somehow had not made it to a bigger club (they may have been more precise than that but I missed the nuance). He made one play in particular that I loved, Sporting were chasing him back to his own half but could not get the ball from him as he twisted and turned until he had the chance to pass it back upfield. Great control and confidence in possession.

On 9/27/2020 at 4:39 PM, Mikmacdo said:

I like a midfield of Stephen, Kaye and arfield right now. 

I think that midfield 3 has a great balance. The right amount of experience, athleticism, offensive and defensive potential, technical ability, etc. Then we have Osorio and Piette waiting in reserve. Pretty decent if you ask me.