Stephen Eustaquio

6 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

So he's released? Or still has a contract?

He still has a contract, they're just going out of their way to make him feel unwanted.  

After the international break, there is one more league game before the mid season break. The Clausura season starts in January.  If he is going to be moved, we will know before the year ends.  

5 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Wow. The club not even giving him a chance in the first team after major knee injury. Has he been performing that poorly in training/ u20s?

The weird thing is that he scored the last time out and has the supporters lobbying to give him a chance in the first team. 

It it is a bit puzzling. 

58 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I think Inbeom would play higher up the pitch, in a more offensive role.

Yah but I think MDS liked near the end of year when he was more of a side to side possession midfielder always showing for the ball. My impression was always that Eustaquio was that same type of player

13 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Yah but I think MDS liked near the end of year when he was more of a side to side possession midfielder always showing for the ball. My impression was always that Eustaquio was that same type of player

They played him there for a bit, but if I remember correctly Inbeom prefers to play higher up the pitch

Just now, N1ckbr0wn said:

They played him there for a bit, but if I remember correctly Inbeom prefers to play higher up the pitch

No.. MDS plays him as a holding midfielder and has talked about how it took a whole to figure out his right position. Too much pressure to create chances but settled in nicely as that Iniesta possession machine type at the end of the season.

I'm wondering if Eustaquio has enough meat on the bones to be a ball winner next to him

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

No.. MDS plays him as a holding midfielder and has talked about how it took a whole to figure out his right position. Too much pressure to create chances but settled in nicely as that Iniesta possession machine type at the end of the season.

I'm wondering if Eustaquio has enough meat on the bones to be a ball winner next to him

The last 5 games of the season the whitecaps have either Rose or Erice play holding mid and Imbeom played higher up the pitch

Edited by N1ckbr0wn
Have for has

5 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Can someone help me out with Eustaquio? Would love him with the Whitecaps but from highlites seems very similar to Inbeom. Maybe I'll get to see for myself on Friday. Anyone? 

Assuming nothing changed, Eustaquio plays a similar style to Bradley. However he isn't as big of a ball winner. Better passing and composure on the ball though. If you think he's gonna be this big ball winning mid, you're gonna be disappointed.

Again, this is assuming nothing has changed during his injury.

nonwithstading the result... you all gotta admit, Eustaquio looked REALLY good out there, seriously, his first touch is insane, and he is extremely calm on the ball when under pressure. I love Kaye.. but Eustaquio is just on a whole other level, and I have a feeling ultimately he'll be getting the starting nods.

6 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

nonwithstading the result... you all gotta admit, Eustaquio looked REALLY good out there, seriously, his first touch is insane, and he is extremely calm on the ball when under pressure. I love Kaye.. but Eustaquio is just on a whole other level, and I have a feeling ultimately he'll be getting the starting nods.

He looked good but it was for 20 minutes and the US took their foot off the pedal.

It’s not an either / or with Kaye and Eustaquio - they can easily be on the pitch at the same time.

to me the guy that would get squeezed out is Piette - other than in very situational circumstances 

Edited by Floortom

2 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Kaye is more of an 8. Eustaquio is a 6. Theres room for both. 

12 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Eustaquio should be starting over Piette! It’s time for Sam to have a seat on bench. 

I am not ready to toss Piette aside yet, but I did notice he was slower than the pace of play last night.  At home against the US though, he was a beast.  

I did like Eustaquio’s play but as @Floortom said, the US were up and comfortable when he was on. That tends to lead to less pressing play.  

The challenge will be the sheer number of guys in the middle. We already have decisions to make - throw Eustaquio in there (and don’t forget Hutch) and it is pretty crazy.  In def mid alone we have Piette, MAK, Hutch and Eustaquio. The latter may be more attacking but that just puts him in competition with Arfield and Oso.