Ideas how to generate revenue

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Set up a partnership/ sponsorship with via rail and travel company like Expedia and put together a package deal  for fans, The blue jays started to do this for away games with Expedia,  it's been very successful.  Also you can do this with national team games as well. 

I say via rail because  Airlines normally don't put packages together like this also via rails of Crown corporation so it might be easier to  negotiate a good deal and their prices are a lot cheaper. 

Set up a partnership/ sponsorship with via rail and a travel company like Expedia to put together a package deal  for fans, The blue jays started to do this for away games with Expedia,  it's been very successful.  Also you can do this with national team games as well. 

I say via rail because  Airlines normally don't put packages together like this also via rail is a Crown corporation so it might be easier to  negotiate a good deal and their prices are a lot cheaper. 

Given the the CFL's current deal with Adidas, and every other Canadian team apart from FC Edmonton and the national team uses Adidas, pretty sure it is going to Adidas. The more volume you can buy from a big company, the better the deal you will get and in turn the higher the mark up.

As far as who I prefer...probably Adidas, from my understanding they've engaged in some recycled product shoes and cleaned up their act a bit after the Bangladesh scandal. That said, they are still a heartless multinational. Not a fan of Nike and the swoosh, and my experience with their products has been lacklustre. Too many shoes simply falling a part before the year is done.

5 hours ago, Pat Carrasco said:

I get a feeling that the CPL will try to embarked in a kit sponsorship as a means to generate revenue. This league will certainly need it. If that's the case, who would you prefer: Adidas, Puma, Nike, Umbro, or Under Armour?

Well if we had to have a kit sponsorship, I've always been a big fan of Puma jerseys, but Umbro is nice too .. and given their existing partnership with CSA, might make sense. 

9 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

I was hoping you or anyone else would tell me.:D

Well the original topic is about the sponsorship supplying the kits...which to me would have to Adidas, Nike, Puma etc...

With regards to corporate sponsorship on kits then yeah it will be Canadian companies.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived