CPL General

At this point, all of my content appears to have been deleted, which includes all threads that were started by me. There is no way for this to happen accidentally.

Perhaps someone (other than Rintaran) could look into whether it can be restored (the Valour 2020 thread, for example, had over 35 pages). It is certainly possible because the site will have regular database back ups.

I would still like to know who banned me and deleted all of my content and why. It is cowardly to not own up and explain yourself. Stop cowering and be a man.

11 minutes ago, Lofty said:

At this point, all of my content appears to have been deleted, which includes all threads that were started by me. There is no way for this to happen accidentally.

Perhaps someone (other than Rintaran) could look into whether it can be restored (the Valour 2020 thread, for example, had over 35 pages). It is certainly possible because the site will have regular database back ups.

I would still like to know who banned me and deleted all of my content and why. It is cowardly to not own up and explain yourself. Stop cowering and be a man.

I have looked into the threads, and they're just gone Lofty. Not in the "hidden" or "deleted" section of the ModCP.

From my experience, this only happens if someone is flagged as a spammer. I know when I receive a report e-mail, the "flag as spammer" button is front & center on my cell, whereas any other button I have to scroll around to find. As a guess, I'd say this is likely what occurred, and whomever did it, probably doesn't even realize they did.

9 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

I have looked into the threads, and they're just gone Lofty. Not in the "hidden" or "deleted" section of the ModCP.

From my experience, this only happens if someone is flagged as a spammer. I know when I receive a report e-mail, the "flag as spammer" button is front & center on my cell, whereas any other button I have to scroll around to find. As a guess, I'd say this is likely what occurred, and whomever did it, probably doesn't even realize they did.

Thanks Rintaran!

They are certainly not gone from the database backups (although it may not be easy to restore them).

And there is always an activity log indicating who did what. So it is certainly possible to discover exactly how this happened.

It's a bit much to expect anybody to believe it was an accident.

Edited by Lofty

16 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Thanks Rintaran!

They are certainly not gone from the database backups (although it may not be easy to restore them).

And there is always an activity log indicating who did what. So it is certainly possible to discover exactly how this happened.

It's a bit much to expect anybody to believe it was an accident.

You're probably right. It's probably on the database backups (if one is done automatically and it's not a manual process).

As for activity log, probably. However, the reports I had received about your post aren't even visible any more in the moderator queue, so either the spammer flag is exceptionally brutal instrument or something's super funky at the very top.

And with that, I'm out of here. Everyone please repeatedly report all of my posts with the complaint: "User has requested complete deletion of account. Do so."  If enough reports go in, maybe someone with moderation capabilities will finally accept my request.

5 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

You're probably right. It's probably on the database backups (if one is done automatically and it's not a manual process).

As for activity log, probably. However, the reports I had received about your post aren't even visible any more in the moderator queue, so either the spammer flag is exceptionally brutal instrument or something's super funky at the very top.

And with that, I'm out of here. Everyone please repeatedly report all of my posts with the complaint: "User has requested complete deletion of account. Do so."  If enough reports go in, maybe someone with moderation capabilities will finally accept my request.

Good luck in your fight.

19 hours ago, Big_M said:

Only 2 teams have billionaire owners and of the other 6 one 1 is community owned and of the other 5 3-5 of them dont have a big primary business..without even talking about how bad their businesses are hit currently..so half of more are worried about the money to spend and should be..its just not as simple as saying hey they are billionaires its all good

Don't feel like writing an essay on the topic of CPL economics, and on the owners. Of course it's far more complex than saying hey they are billionaires its all good, obviously. But to make my point very succinctly, when you're purely debating the pros and cons of a union, there's just far more pros for the players making $30,000 on average than there are cons for the millionaire owners.

Pretty obvious stuff lol, this place is so different from twitter where I read so many ridiculous takes from the other side about eating all the billionaires or something lol.

19 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

There's little a union can do to help during a pandemic. This was already being organized long before anybody in Wuhan had an unfortunate bowl of bat soup. It's all about going after significantly higher salaries by threatening strike action as part of a future collective bargaining negotiation. 

The higher salaries by threatening strike action is obviously the big goal for the medium-term or long-term future, but in this immediate short-term present day, I think you're significantly understating the importance and contribution a union can do for players during a pandemic.

It can easily take on the role of the players association, something to just help the players stay informed in a collective manner beyond reading about or hearing about the 25% deferral and other important topics on twitter or whatever. Doesn't sound like the individual clubs' front offices are doing a great job with communication either.

This seems like a pretty obvious thing too, I'm not even really sure why I have to state this stuff really lol. Ah, and the bat soup was a youtube video from 3 years ago from Palau, so it was total misinformation that people based the bat soup theory off of for the most part. Latest I've seen quickly on the topic is that bats may have transmitted it to pangolins, whose meat and scales are used in Chinese traditional medicine and sold in markets. Who knows.

Edited by ironcub14

16 hours ago, RS said:

Can we get a Discord invite in here for anyone interested?

For sure, Jon Eden even made a twitter account specifically for the CPL Discord (it's more a CPL community rather than a CanMNT community, but of course there's tons of overlap). It's not a secret, nor an invite-thing either, it's really just whether people came across it on this forum, on twitter or reddit or facebook, and decided it was worth checking out or not. I'd say it is for sure.

But I will say that this forum definitely remains the go-to place for the in-depth analysis on CMNTs and CPL for sure, I definitely enjoy the Y9 threads for example. What is sad to see is when politics seem to override soccer on this forum, or when people seem to look to accusatory politics more so rather than solution-focused politics. Cheers all.

https://twitter.com/CanPLChat

https://discordapp.com/invite/GNZuzXv

2 hours ago, Rintaran said:

Reappearing for a moment here.

Took me about 2 seconds to lift Lofty's ban. Seriously. Mod control panel, Member management, search "Lofty" and remove ban. No clue why those "looking into it" didn't just fix the issue.

Not sure why he was banned, but I keep getting emails from here with reports and **** so I clicked into this bitchfest and was genuinely confused, as yeah, a straight-out ban seems weird as **** in an essentially unmoderated board.

As there is no way to delete your own account, I have repeatedly asked to have my account deleted or at least have my modship removed, because cancer (which they won't treat during the pandemic) is likely to kill within the next 6 months or so, and I don't have time or patience to deal with the **** here.

@RS I noted you mention that you've mod capabilities. Can you please just click on my damn profile and click "ban as spammer"? That'll make it so I no longer receive emailed reports.

That'd be appreciated thanks.

Rintaran, much respect to what you have done here and on NSXI, you know I've been a supporter of NSXI since the very beginning, much respect. And we all wish nothing but the best for you in your fight, I had no idea. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help in any way.

3 hours ago, Rintaran said:

Took me about 2 seconds to lift Lofty's ban. Seriously. Mod control panel, Member management, search "Lofty" and remove ban. No clue why those "looking into it" didn't just fix the issue.

Sorry, I looked in the control panel and didn't see anything there. As I said before, I rarely use my mod access so perhaps I was staring at the correct answer without even knowing it. Anyway, thank you for taking care of that.

I'll delete your account by the end of the day.

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

15 million. C'mon that's peanuts compared to the money being tossed around. In fact why not just give the CFL 135 shmil and the remaining 15 to the CPL

I was personally hoping the CFL went bankrupt and was bought by the NFL and then switched to a 4 down league. But that's just my twisted mind

Ew. CFL rules are way more exciting. 

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

15 million. C'mon that's peanuts compared to the money being tossed around. In fact why not just give the CFL 135 shmil and the remaining 15 to the CPL

I was personally hoping the CFL went bankrupt and was bought by the NFL and then switched to a 4 down league. But that's just my twisted mind

Now how would you feel if someone said they hoped the CPL went bankrupt and switched to MLS farm teams or something equally terrible? 

On 4/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

That is not how it works on the board. Seniority, having organised Voyageur events, travelling abroad, organising Voyageur petitions, 20 years of this, was not enough. I was banned from mid-September to December because I complained that the image of all white male fans was not something we should aspire to in Canada. And Rintaran, who is way over his head, just threw away the key. He basically abetted the racists on the board and I had no recourse. In fact, I was warned for my post, which the racial supremacists complained about, and then when I complained in a PM to Rintaran, he straight out banned me. For a private message. 

The board has dubious value, especially as it sits under the current management. What they did to me was disgusting. And not a single person here came to my support by the way (many of whom I know personally and have been in stands chanting with) which shows the quality of the community we have created. 

As for Lofty, he was rather caveman and knee-jerk, but as with even the posters who I dislike, or have blocked (and he was not one of them), the vast majority post 90% stuff that is fair game for a message board of this nature. Nothing great, but staple message board stuff. I say, if you are irked by someone, just block them. You can always peek at what they say if you are curious, and half the time you will see their worthwhile posts quoted by others. 

That said: if Lofty made a legit racist post, he can go screw himself.  And he was legit racist as well as sexist,, so I would not put it past him.

Do you believe the bull sh*t you type on here? Either you are fully aware it is excrement and you're being disingenuous on purpose, perhaps because you have an agenda and that, on top of a deep seeded hatred and a bone to pick with a few of us, has caused you to behave this way...or you actually think it's the truth as a result of some heavy left-leaning indoctrination. The club you are a member of and, if I recall correctly, you being in academia may indicate the latter, but I wouldn't rule out the former either. 

Anyhow, let's break everything down shall we?

• "I complained that the image of all white male fans was not something we should aspire to in Canada"
    • No, this is not what happened. Someone posted a video of Norwich City fans celebrating a late game winner against Man City and the poster wished the energy displayed in that crowd would one day be replicated in the CPL. You came out of left field and stated it was a BAD representation of the game because there were so many white men in the stands. People just liked the video for what it represented, passionate supporters and you brought in race out of nowhere, shocking everyone in the process. If the above quote is truly what you were going for, there was certainly a better way to express your view instead of the 'So many white men = bad' comment that you lead with.  
  • "He basically abetted the racists on the board and I had no recourse"
    • No, there was no racism that came from anybody else. Well, I guess you complaining about there being so many people of a certain race could be argued as racist. However, do I think you're racist? I don't know you well enough but I don't think you are. Misguided yes, but not racist.
  •  " In fact, I was warned for my post, which the racial supremacists complained about,"
    • No, a bunch of us, myself included, calling you out for race-baiting where you made an issue out of nothing does not make us racial supremacists. Also, of what race would I be a racial supremacist of?
  • "And not a single person here came to my support by the way"
    • Are you surprised? You attacked a video of a bunch of happy fans for its racial make up, you tried to stir up something along racial lines when nobody else even had that thought in their head. It's this kind of behaviour that keeps racism alive. This is the behaviour that Thomas Sowell refers to when he says racism is kept alive by politicians and race hustlers. In this instance, I am of the opinion that you acted like a race hustler through your baiting, and I'm sure a lot here would agree. The intelligent people anyhow.
  • "And he was legit racist as well as sexist"
    • Disagreeing with your race baiting and having a minor gripe with the Dames of York 9 does not make somebody racist or sexist. Unless, you are referring to something else. If so, please point out said racist and or sexist behaviour of Lofty. 

In your private message to the mod which you posted in the York 9 group, you even alluded to me being a white supremacist which is a blatant lie. I haven't said anything on here that would remotely indicate me of being one. I also haven't said anything racist as well.

You gotta look at yourself in the mirror from time to time and take a step back, re-think things about yourself, about your life. You seem like a salvageable human being but your behaviour is astounding to me. And I don't mean astounding as in impressive.  

On 4/29/2020 at 9:44 AM, Rintaran said:

Reappearing for a moment here.

Not sure why he was banned, but I keep getting emails from here with reports and **** so I clicked into this bitchfest and was genuinely confused, as yeah, a straight-out ban seems weird as **** in an essentially unmoderated board.

As there is no way to delete your own account, I have repeatedly asked to have my account deleted or at least have my modship removed, because cancer (which they won't treat during the pandemic) is likely to kill within the next 6 months or so, and I don't have time or patience to deal with the **** here.

@RS I noted you mention that you've mod capabilities. Can you please just click on my damn profile and click "ban as spammer"? That'll make it so I no longer receive emailed reports.

That'd be appreciated thanks.

I hope you survive brother.

On 4/29/2020 at 10:03 AM, Winnipeg Fury said:

My wife is fighting cancer right now.  Very sorry to hear this and I am sorry you took so much heat on the forum.  Focus on your health, take care and thanks for your contributions.

I hope she recovers.

Edited by Macksam

43 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Do you believe the bull sh*t you type on here? Either you are fully aware it is excrement and you're being disingenuous on purpose, perhaps because you have an agenda and that, on top of a deep seeded hatred and a bone to pick with a few of us, has caused you to behave this way...or you actually think it's the truth as a result of some heavy left-leaning indoctrination. The club you are a member of and, if I recall correctly, you being in academia may indicate the latter, but I wouldn't rule out the former either. 

Anyhow, let's break everything down shall we?

• "I complained that the image of all white male fans was not something we should aspire to in Canada"
    • No, this is not what happened. Someone posted a video of Norwich City fans celebrating a late game winner against Man City and the poster wished the energy displayed in that crowd would one day be replicated in the CPL. You came out of left field and stated it was a BAD representation of the game because there were so many white men in the stands. People just liked the video for what it represented, passionate supporters and you brought in race out of nowhere, shocking everyone in the process. If the above quote is truly what you were going for, there was certainly a better way to express your view instead of the 'So many white men = bad' comment that you lead with.  
  • "He basically abetted the racists on the board and I had no recourse"
    • No, there was no racism that came from anybody else. Well, I guess you complaining about there being so many people of a certain race could be argued as racist. However, do I think you're racist? I don't know you well enough but I don't think you are. Misguided yes, but not racist.
  •  " In fact, I was warned for my post, which the racial supremacists complained about,"
    • No, a bunch of us, myself included, calling you out for race-baiting where you made an issue out of nothing does not make us racial supremacists. Also, of what race would I be a racial supremacist of?
  • "And not a single person here came to my support by the way"
    • Are you surprised? You attacked a video of a bunch of happy fans for its racial make up, you tried to stir up something along racial lines when nobody else even had that thought in their head. It's this kind of behaviour that keeps racism alive. This is the behaviour that Thomas Sowell refers to when he says racism is kept alive by politicians and race hustlers. In this instance, I am of the opinion that you acted like a race hustler through your baiting, and I'm sure a lot here would agree. The intelligent people anyhow.
  • "And he was legit racist as well as sexist"
    • Disagreeing with your race baiting and having a minor gripe with the Dames of York 9 does not make somebody racist or sexist. Unless, you are referring to something else. If so, please point out said racist and or sexist behaviour of Lofty. 

In your private message to the mod which you posted in the York 9 group, you even alluded to me being a white supremacist which is a blatant lie. I haven't said anything on here that would remotely indicate me of being one. I also haven't said anything racist as well.

You gotta look at yourself in the mirror from time to time and take a step back, re-think things about yourself, about your life. You seem like a salvageable human being but your behaviour is astounding to me. And I don't mean astounding as in impressive.  

I hope you survive brother.

I hope she recovers.

Thank you for laying out UT’s intellectually cheap and arrogant attitude so succinctly. 

On 4/27/2020 at 3:50 PM, Winnipeg Fury said:

The Voyageurs are a private club !  LOL !  I had no idea and I've been a member for 25 years !

Thats funny, because anyone who has been here for any amount of time can tell you I used to pay for it for years, through my V's fundraising.

Please, tell me who owns the Voyageurs ?  We would all like to hear this  ?

Yup. Which you and I elected to fund and sustain on an informal basis for years, without structure, legal organization, or rules / guarantees or having a say. That was our choice. But it's not some public organization by any means. Who owns it today I'm not sure, pretty sure they split the Vees from this website, no? You could probably find out by whois-ing the .com address.

9 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Yup. Which you and I elected to fund and sustain on an informal basis for years, without structure, legal organization, or rules / guarantees or having a say. That was our choice. But it's not some public organization by any means. Who owns it today I'm not sure, pretty sure they split the Vees from this website, no? You could probably find out by whois-ing the .com address.

Edited by Winnipeg Fury