11 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Borges- Player of the Year, U21 Player of the Year, Golden Boot

Carducci - Golden Glove, Volkswagon Premier Player Award

Weeldon Jr- Coach PF the year.

shocked2.jpg

😁

Edited by Lofty

12 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Borges has to get a CanMNT call ASAP.  It would be a bad look for future players if a 21 year old who just won every award can't get a call up still.  

The CanMNT should not be basing call ups on "what would look bad for future players".  I'm not saying Borges should or shouldn't, just that that's not how it should be done.

13 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Borges has to get a CanMNT call ASAP.  It would be a bad look for future players if a 21 year old who just won every award can't get a call up still.  

I think Borges signing on with a bigger league will be a better look than a call up to a camp where he probably wont see the field.  If those current USL and NCAA kids see CPL as a spot for CDN to get min and advacne their carer they'll come.  

What happened to all the last round of "people in the know" tweets about age related limits on the INT players??  Was that all a bunch of Twitter baloney?  I dont remember hearing any official word on any rule changes.  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

What happened to all the last round of "people in the know" tweets about age related limits on the INT players?? 

Sober 2nd thought killed that dumb idea, after some public pushback that is.

Or so I heard from someone "in the know".  🙂

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

What happened to all the last round of "people in the know" tweets about age related limits on the INT players??  Was that all a bunch of Twitter baloney?  I dont remember hearing any official word on any rule changes.  

The official word on rule changes is that there will be no rule changes, foreign player rules are identical to this past season. However, the collective scouting database of young foreign players is real, which I think is what made a bunch of people think there would be weird age restrictions. All per Wanderers owner Derek Martin on the recent From Aways podcast.

https://www.fromaways.com/post/ep14-from-aways-meets-derek-martin

On 11/27/2019 at 9:23 AM, CanadaFan123 said:

I think he has a great future, but judging him based off his performances in a first year league shouldn't warrant a NT cap. I'd like to see him move to a higher level so we can better judge his quality. At the moment the CanPL is about the same level as the USL. 

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, CanadaFan123 said:

He'll get his chance for the U23 team Olympic qualifiers

14 hours ago, Zem said:

The official word on rule changes is that there will be no rule changes, foreign player rules are identical to this past season. However, the collective scouting database of young foreign players is real, which I think is what made a bunch of people think there would be weird age restrictions. All per Wanderers owner Derek Martin on the recent From Aways podcast.

https://www.fromaways.com/post/ep14-from-aways-meets-derek-martin

That's actually about perfect really. It's a tool in the box but the league isn't tied into it. 

11 minutes ago, T_Bison said:

That's actually about perfect really. It's a tool in the box but the league isn't tied into it. 

No offense to anyone that puts together a podcast, I greatly appreciate the hard work, but I do wish that podcasts weren't the preferred and only way some of this CPL information was released. It's too niche. Can't someone just summarize the key pieces of the interview.