1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Differing opinions I guess. It was a dick move for sure, but I don't thnk a stronger response does much of anything.  Someone in that situation doesn't consider past precedents and the likely disciplinary response they will face - they just act.  Thus a heavier fine or a longer ban doesn't really do much.  I think the message has been sent -  this is not tolerated - and everyone now knows this guy is a pleated khaki douche.  That is justice IMO.

Pleated khakis are pretty ****. 

1 hour ago, Kwar said:

I think what's a joke is a millionaire overreacting to a billionaire giving him a tiny love push.  People get pushed harsher on crowded buses!

True, but we can't have fans pushing players. Deservedly punished but could the lynch mob please sit down and gain a little perspective.

Saw the highlights of the Valour game in the Voyageurs cup. Bustos looked pretty good as I expected he would. He put up big numbers with WC2 in the USL, I wouldn't be surprised if he proves to be one of the players of the season when it's all said and done!

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Saw the highlights of the Valour game in the Voyageurs cup. Bustos looked pretty good as I expected he would. He put up big numbers with WC2 in the USL, I wouldn't be surprised if he proves to be one of the players of the season when it's all said and done!

I hope that happens after next Wednesday :)

Edited by Califax

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Petrasso in the box seat right now, IMHO, but quite a few others have impressed too: Arguiñarena, Sacramento, Gutierrez Zuñiga, Bustos. Perhaps also Musse; and Beland-Goyette has been excellent recently.

Edited by Lofty

3 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Petrasso in the box seat right now, IMHO, but quite a few others have impressed too: Arguiñarena, Sacramento, Gutierrez Zuñiga, Bustos. Perhaps also Musse; and Beland-Goyette has been excellent recently.

Agree with all of those. The one most surprising to me has been Sacramento. I don't think he's been the best, but I liked his energy when I saw him live against Cavalry.

Shout out to Musse also, he has impressed.

It looked like Petrasso was playing wingback in the last match? Was that right? Highlights can be deceiving so I had to ask.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Agree with all of those. The one most surprising to me has been Sacramento. I don't think he's been the best, but I liked his energy when I saw him live against Cavalry.

Shout out to Musse also, he has impressed.

It looked like Petrasso was playing wingback in the last match? Was that right? Highlights can be deceiving so I had to ask.

I think that is right because I saw him in the Valour box far more often than I would like! The defensive side of his game really is weak; he seems to think that "tackle" is the stuff that accompanies your fishing rod and has nothing whatsoever to do with football. I like him better as a clear RM/RW, where he has fewer defensive duties.

Galey's midfielders do move around a lot so it is not always easy to specify a definitive position, other than "midfield"!

Re: Musse: I get the feeling he has huffed and puffed but does not really produce much offence. Although he did notch the winner against FCE and forced the Forge keeper into a good save in Valour's lone chance in that game, I need more from him to feel he is one of Valour's top performers.

Edited by Lofty

They definitely don't need to be avoiding FIFA international dates, if that was the reason for having no games. They are too low budget on player salaries for international call ups to be a significant factor regardless of their official divisional sanctioning level. All they should try to do is make sure they never schedule a game at the exact same time as a CMNT game. The Canadian summer is too short and the level of fan support is too fickle to throw away a weekend like this.

8 hours ago, ted said:

Lamest drinking game ever: take a shot every time a goal is scored in CanPL. ;)

Just thinking from a PFC and One Soccer broadcasting perspective... there could be quite the drinking game involving Marcus Haber mentions/actions. Reminding us he is a former MNT player, experienced, and that he is creating chances (not scoring on them). We could add in some actions including... Haber goes offside unnecessarily, Haber works hard, but is out paced, and he hits a post. 

http://www.uleth.ca/unews/article/economic-health-new-canadian-premier-league-based-groundwork-rockerbie#.XQTqAipE0wB

... From the specific locations of its seven initial franchises to salary-cap structure, player dispersal, living allowances, playing venues and marketing strategies, Rockerbie and Easton detailed every aspect essential to league survival ­­— and it’s working. The great benefit is a massive development gap in Canadian soccer is now being filled, allowing players who graduate from the U-17 ranks to continue playing and advancing their games on home soil...

Lots of interesting details in this, like the importance of the Westjet deal.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

I'm pleasantly surprised that we have had no griping about the % of CDN content.  In fact a lot of the starting 11 have been way above the minimum set by the league.  It doesnt seem to be an issue as opposed to the MLS affiliates in USL.  The level of play has been at least as good as your average USL game (I've watched alot of USL trying to follow our CDN kids there the last few years).  So 2 months in and a few potential problem areas are looking ok.  

I am a bit dissapointed that the big exposure CBC games havnt exactly been barn burners.  For example we got the York/Pac today when you'd think they would have been showing the Cal/Edm grudge match.  At least they are going coast to coast and hopefully getting through to your average joe flipping on the TV on the weekend.