On the bright side they do have Tim Horton's (David Clanachan angle probably) and Westjet as shirt sponsors so far. Beyond that the people making most of the decisions in corporate Canada at the moment are not a particularly soccer friendly generation, if there is no recent immigrant angle in their background such as with the Saputos, because they grew up well before the youth soccer registration boom from the mid-90s onwards. The CBC deal should help, because a lot of people will be skeptical on how many eyeballs the onesoccer.ca app will attract.

8 minutes ago, Ansem said:

For those who haven't tried, according to Untappd:

Moosehead Lager: 3.09 / 5

Moosehead Light: 2.84 / 5

Cracked Canoe: 3.05 / 5

Their highest rated beer ever (probably no longer available, but I want one):

Coconut Coffee Ale: 3.92 / 5

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

On the bright side they do have Tim Horton's (David Clanachan angle probably) and Westjet as shirt sponsors so far. Beyond that the people making most of the decisions in corporate Canada at the moment are not a particularly soccer friendly generation, if there is no recent immigrant angle in their background such as with the Saputos, because they grew up well before the youth soccer registration boom from the mid-90s onwards. The CBC deal should help, because a lot of people will be skeptical on how many eyeballs the onesoccer.ca app will attract.

This post aged well.

1 hour ago, Rintaran said:

For those who haven't tried, according to Untappd:

Moosehead Lager: 3.09 / 5

Moosehead Light: 2.84 / 5

Cracked Canoe: 3.05 / 5

Their highest rated beer ever (probably no longer available, but I want one):

Coconut Coffee Ale: 3.92 / 5

Lager 👍

Light 👎

Canoe 😒

3 hours ago, Ansem said:

That is awesome.  I tend to buy the local craft brews (usually Upstreet, PEI Brewing Company and Copper Bottom for those interested...) but for inexpensive cooler filler in the summer I now always go for Moosehead.  They are the last one standing among the big Canadian-owned brewers - all the others have been gobbled up by multinationals.  Very fitting beer sponsor for the CPL.  And Moose green is pretty tasty :)   

3 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

Oh boy!  My TV Guide listing finally updated to Saturday's game.  It's happening!  

Apr23410.jpg

Yeah, yesterday I set up the game to record, as well as CBC news, Sportsnet Central, and Sportscentre on that day just in case any of them talk about the game.

Oh right, I guess I should set up the TFC game to record too when I get around to it since I'll miss it while in Hamilton. Now begins TFC's "second fiddle" years.

Recap 

Duane Rollins CPL expansion bits from Soccer Today 4/23

-full details on Two Solitudes later this week. Montreal could be ready summer season but will wait most likely to avoid confusion

-no update on Ottawa. If sanctioning revoked odds are the team would fold up shop. But market they want into

-hearing good things about three other markets, two barely discussed. One on the west, discussed a lot. Chelsea fan out west from the Voyageurs would be happy (whatever that means)

-Other two would be rivals. One for a team that doesn’t have one (Halifax? My guess) and not a city that has been talked about a lot?

Followed tonight by 

28 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Recap 

-full details on Two Solitudes later this week. Montreal could be ready summer season but will wait most likely to avoid confusion

-no update on Ottawa. If sanctioning revoked odds are the team would fold up shop. But market they want into

-hearing good things about three other markets, two barely discussed. One on the west, discussed a lot. Chelsea fan out west from the Voyageurs would be happy (whatever that means)

-Other two would be rivals. One for a team that doesn’t have one (Halifax? My guess) and not a city that has been talked about a lot?

Followed tonight by 

It means Saskatoon!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rheo said:

Recap 

Followed tonight by 

And the brewery town would be Saint John, NB.

Definitely no one talking about that!

edit: Definitely Saint John. Rollins says it’s a market no ones talked about but is close to a town that has been discussed quite a bit and that it would be a natural rival for a team that doesn’t currently have one.

Edited by BuzzAndSting

36 minutes ago, gator said:

It means Saskatoon!

Kind of surprised it’s Saskatoon with the games this summer and the talk of caution. Good to see if it’s right

Only question with the Rollins talk is he mentions Bunbary and Laval but then refers to other “groups” in Quebec being ready to go. Then later mentioned two “rivals,” one is Saint John could the other be Quebec City as a rival to Bunbary’s Laval?

I took Montreal to be separate from the other groups he mentioned. It wouldn’t be Montreal if they already had a natural rival as he said unless he’s counting York. I think he meant there were four teams closer than others. Guess we’ll know Thursday 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rheo said:

Recap 

Followed tonight by 

I'm reeeeeeaaaaaaaaally hoping he's referencing Moncton. Fastest growing city in the province, ready-to-use stadium, perfect location for out-of-towners from NS and PEI, and a strong Acadian connection. We already know there's some interest, so maybe they've finally found an investor. This would be great!

Also, Saint John is a hole. 

Edited by m-g-williams