CPL General

22 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Not sure how well that will go down with the players. Some people can be quite particular on preferred brands when it comes to football boots. 

Had this been with a supplier other than Nike or Adidas I'd probably agree with you. But if players can get access to a free supply of top-tier Nike cleats I'm not sure it will be a problem...not at this level...

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

This is something players at all levels normally decide for themselves, so not sure how many precedents there are to check what happened elsewhere.

I dunno maybe there will be option for players to blur out logos on other brand cleats? I feel like there are deals like this in other leagues/tournaments and it must be handled some way. I just don't see it as a huge issue in grand scheme of things. The amount of travel will probably a much larger issue for players to grasp than having to use Nike cleats.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Not sure how well that will go down with the players. Some people can be quite particular on preferred brands when it comes to football boots. 

Suspect it's a requirement written into the base part of their CPL contract, amongst other things.  Pretty routine stuff.

Also quite sure none of the player signings so far announced will be troubled that this will create a conflict with their existing footwear sponsors. 

Because they don't have one.

52 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Suspect it's a requirement written into the base part of their CPL contract, amongst other things.  Pretty routine stuff.

Also quite sure none of the player signings so far announced will be troubled that this will create a conflict with their existing footwear sponsors. 

Because they don't have one.

It actually is not at all routine to have an obligatory boot in pro football. What is standard is for each player to choose what is best for him.

I think players should be able to wear want they want. Nike should understand that they might have to deal with exceptions if a player is not happy with his options. 

1 hour ago, C2SKI said:

Has it been stated anywhere that Nike boots will be mandatory for all players? All I've seen is that the partnership will have players wearing Nike boots

For some of the comments I have been reading elsewhere it's likely that it isn't mandatory. It's possible Nike boots would be offered at a discount/free to players if they so chose. I guess you''d probably capture enough of the players with something like this would make the deal worth it for Nike.

Edited by mpg_29

4 hours ago, C2SKI said:

Has it been stated anywhere that Nike boots will be mandatory for all players? All I've seen is that the partnership will have players wearing Nike boots

I just read that on the CPL website, though they didn’t use the word “forced” ha ha...

Speaking of marking calendars, I have to say I got a really warm and fuzzy feeling a couple days ago when I put the York 9 schedule in my phone (after getting annoyed that it wasn't working for me through the iPhone app, had to do it on a desktop). It's great to scroll through and see those games in there, that are actually going to happen, like, this year. Ah!

28 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

We also need to give them the clicks necessary to justify the decision.

I also requested CPL to be included in The Score app. People need to the same as in their reply, interest in that league ultimately determines what gets added or not

12 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I also requested CPL to be included in The Score app. People need to the same as in their reply, interest in that league ultimately determines what gets added or not

Yeah how do we do this, I can push a campaign of intolerable harassment of anyone involved to crush their souls into complying out of fear and misery. 

Or is there a polite way to ask? 

11 minutes ago, Serie_AHH said:

In TheScore's response to me they stated that demand and easy of providing live updates determined whether a league gets added or not. 

Awesome! 

I actually meant, how do I actually harass them? I checked in the app and there doesn't seem to be a way to contact them and on the site there's only the option to open a "ticket."

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

How?

1 hour ago, admin said:

Yeah how do we do this, I can push a campaign of intolerable harassment of anyone involved to crush their souls into complying out of fear and misery. 

Or is there a polite way to ask? 

The more people requests CPL be added to the score, the more likely it will happen.

41 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Awesome! 

I actually meant, how do I actually harass them? I checked in the app and there doesn't seem to be a way to contact them and on the site there's only the option to open a "ticket."

Both Twitter and email (on the app, click on your profile, then settings, then "Request a League")