CPL General

10 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I thought it had something to do with Hamilton being in Ontario which was a founding province in Canada.

LOL, and I thought it was kinda playing on Hamilton's iron/steel making roots.

Terrible name for anything.  Heard it enough over the last year and it isn't growing on me one stitch.   

35 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Anyone know if this is true?

I don't think it's accurate. I saw someone tweet they were membership 114 when it opened to the public. But I think the numbers are glitched in general, I'm one of three people so far whose screen said they were member 5 when we signed up at the launch party

Edited by Complete Homer

This hockey guy just wrote to me and called me a fucking loser for supporting the CPL. He said that this is only a pipe dream. It's going to fail. You're making a fool of yourself. How would you respond to this idiot? Any suggestion? This guy sounds like those fucking loser from the 1970s that will stand there and say: SOCCER SUCKS!!!! I hate those guys.

Edited by PJSweet

8 minutes ago, PJSweet said:

This hockey guy just wrote to me and called me a fucking loser for supporting the CPL. He said that this is only a pipe dream. It's going to fail. You're making a fool of yourself. How would you respond to this idiot? Any suggestion?

Ignore him/her lol.  Haters going to hate.  Let them get off on their negativity.  Responding only fuels them to go off more

1 minute ago, Rheo said:

Ignore him/her lol.  Haters going to hate.  Let them get off on their negativity.  Responding only fuels them to go off more

I just hate when assholes of this kind call me a loser and a pipe dreamer. I hate it!!! I want this to stop NOW!!!!! I call this soccerphobia.

15 minutes ago, PJSweet said:

This hockey guy just wrote to me and called me a fucking loser for supporting the CPL. He said that this is only a pipe dream. It's going to fail. You're making a fool of yourself. How would you respond to this idiot? Any suggestion? This guy sounds like those fucking loser from the 1970s that will stand there and say: SOCCER SUCKS!!!! I hate those guys.

Be happy that soccer is now mainstream enough that hockey guys are aware of upcoming national soccer leagues.

5 minutes ago, PJSweet said:

I just hate when assholes of this kind call me a loser and a pipe dreamer. I hate it!!! I want this to stop NOW!!!!! I call this soccerphobia.

Hell there are some on here who think of us CPL believers as losers and pipe dreamers and they're soccer fans lol.  I used to get worked up over crap like that but I'm old now and figure I've got better things to do with my time and efforts.

58 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Just tell him what kind of game is hockey anyway? In how many countries do they play this ice game around the world, 5 maybe? ?

Always goes down well when you do that. What was the point of trying to turn this game into a spectator sport when you can't see the puck and would anybody even be watching if there were no fights tends to drive them apoplectic. If being Canadian means being like you I wouldn't want to be, but it doesn't so why don't you just go forth and multiply is the thermonuclear option. I actually quite like hockey, if truth be told, but there's a redneck element to its fanbase that is deeply off-putting.

3 hours ago, PJSweet said:

Yeah I get it. I try to follow what Rheo is saying, but it's often hard to ignore. Just like I often can't help myself with Robert on this site as an example. You could tell him to worry about his hobbies and you'll worry about yours. If you want to go all zen you could quote John Lennon to him.

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us

5 hours ago, PJSweet said:

Where did he write to you? 

9 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

There's rednecks in all sports. The trick is to not resort to judging people over petty things like what sport they like, you're just sinking to your troll's level

While we're at it, we might stop implying people from rural areas are unsophisticated

Prime example here.... Brek Shea.