1 minute ago, HfxCeltic said:

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/deal-close-for-bringing-pro-soccer-team-to-greater-victoria-would-play-at-westhills-1.23305274

Any legitimacy to this article out of Victoria? Josh Simpson looks to be involved. Also pretty much confirms Port City FC is out Surrey.

Been debated a lot in the Victoria thread 

12 minutes ago, HfxCeltic said:

https://twitter.com/TheCanPLHub/status/997255941601947655

Valour FC for Winnipeg and Founders (maybe Forge) FC for Hamilton it looks like.

Okay now I'm curious about their sources. I had heard about "Forge FC" from an entirely different place, and Forge FC doesn't show up on the trademark search as far as I can tell... 

38 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Although I know Mr Grumpy Pants will point out it’s tentative and not official yet :)

That's irrelevant it's the fact it's all destined to fail that is important. 

Doomed I tells ye.

9 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Thank god, that was the last big pre-launch thing I was worried about.

Now I just get to fret that these teams are all going to have only 500 people in the stands on opening day. :) 

I’m sure you’ll know more attendance wise in 60-90 days :)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned but.. Founders FC feels like an "Original 6" type marketing thing. Shirts, scarves etc with the "Founders FC" all the original teams. I doubt it's a team

2 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned but.. Founders FC feels like an "Original 6" type marketing thing. Shirts, scarves etc with the "Founders FC" all the original teams. I doubt it's a team

I mentioned it before that it might be a motto, heard it suggested on Vocal Minority Pod like “all for one”. Most here assumed it’s  the name though

57 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I thought it had something to do with Hamilton being in Ontario which was a founding province in Canada.

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

It could be something to do with the memberships? They've been talking about your memberships getting you access to league wide content... Could it be you are buying a membership to "Founders FC". So all the hardcore fans will be "Founders".

4 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Boy I sure hope so. For a team name, it sucks. 

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

Boy I sure hope so. For a team name, it sucks. 

...and might inspire paranoia in people in other cities over the level of influence the Hamilton team has on league decisions in a Rocco LoFranco and Toronto Italia in the NSL sort of way.

58 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

...and might inspire paranoia in people in other cities over the level of influence the Hamilton team has on league decisions in a Rocco LoFranco and Toronto Italia in the NSL sort of way.

#hysteria

10 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I thought it had something to do with Hamilton being in Ontario which was a founding province in Canada.

LOL, and I thought it was kinda playing on Hamilton's iron/steel making roots.

Terrible name for anything.  Heard it enough over the last year and it isn't growing on me one stitch.