CPL General

1 minute ago, Kent said:

A good list, but the obvious one you missed was...

14. a lack of a countdown to the kick off of the first game a year in advance.

I have him on ignore so only see his posts when they're quoted or I choose to see what his trolling topic of the moment is :)

6 minutes ago, Rheo said:

I have him on ignore so only see his posts when they're quoted or I choose to see what his trolling topic of the moment is :)

Ah, well now you know what you've missed. I guess from that same thread you could add a bunch of other things, such as "launching with 8 teams" as well as "launching a LEAGUE instead of a STRUCTURE", whatever that means.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

Ah, well now you know what you've missed. I guess from that same thread you could add a bunch of other things, such as "launching with 8 teams" as well as "launching a LEAGUE instead of a STRUCTURE", whatever that means.

As I said, I look in every so often so I knew the first theory of his. Now I did not know about his two new ones so thanks I guess??!!!??? lol 

12 minutes ago, HfxCeltic said:

https://twitter.com/TheCanPLHub/status/997255941601947655

Valour FC for Winnipeg and Founders (maybe Forge) FC for Hamilton it looks like.

Okay now I'm curious about their sources. I had heard about "Forge FC" from an entirely different place, and Forge FC doesn't show up on the trademark search as far as I can tell... 

9 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Thank god, that was the last big pre-launch thing I was worried about.

Now I just get to fret that these teams are all going to have only 500 people in the stands on opening day. :) 

I’m sure you’ll know more attendance wise in 60-90 days :)

2 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned but.. Founders FC feels like an "Original 6" type marketing thing. Shirts, scarves etc with the "Founders FC" all the original teams. I doubt it's a team

I mentioned it before that it might be a motto, heard it suggested on Vocal Minority Pod like “all for one”. Most here assumed it’s  the name though

57 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned but.. Founders FC feels like an "Original 6" type marketing thing. Shirts, scarves etc with the "Founders FC" all the original teams. I doubt it's a team

I thought it had something to do with Hamilton being in Ontario which was a founding province in Canada.

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

It could be something to do with the memberships? They've been talking about your memberships getting you access to league wide content... Could it be you are buying a membership to "Founders FC". So all the hardcore fans will be "Founders".