CPL General

33 minutes ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

Are you involved with the York9 SG?  We (V's and Toronto CPL Supporters) are trying to find more about them, I even DM'd the York9SG IG account but it was kind of a boiler plate response.

Some of us plan to buy seasons at York9 and possibly get involved further.

Yes, I've been involved, you can DM me here I can hook you up with some info, we would love to get Voyageurs involved

Article on Quebec and the CPL (all quotes from Google translate from French)

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer/201805/10/01-5181297-le-quebec-absent-de-la-cpl.php

-lack of investors in Quebec interested according the provincial head 

• "At the moment, there is no investor who has been serious enough to start next year," he said. He argues that the Quebec market is of interest to the CPL and that proceedings have been initiated on both sides, but that the subject has not been discussed for "several months".

Paul Beirne is quoted

• "We want and we will have clubs in Quebec in the future," he said. "Our vision encompasses all municipalities that wish to get involved in the league, even the smallest ones. So I can certainly consider CPL franchises in Quebec City, Montreal and Sherbrooke, "he added.

Rest is just the usual general information

Edited by Rheo

20 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Story/Editoria on Quebec and the CPL (throwing into Google Translate and will update)

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer/201805/10/01-5181297-le-quebec-absent-de-la-cpl.php

• Main reason being the lack of serious investors willing to start in 2019 according to Mathieu Chamberland from Quebec Soccer Federation
  • CPL is interested in CPL but not much have been happening in several months
  • Paul Beirne told La Presse that the league wants and will have clubs in the future
  • Mathieu Chamberland said the league will impose a quota for Canadian players
  • La Presse says it looks like Ottawa Fury (USL) and FC Edmonton (former NASL) will join CPL in 2019 and the league will start with 8 teams

The rest is just information that we already know

Edited by Ansem

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:
  • Main reason being the lack of serious investors willing to start in 2019 according to Mathieu Chamberland from Quebec Soccer Federation
  • CPL is interested in CPL but not much have been happening in several months
  • Paul Beirne told La Presse that the league wants and will have clubs in the future
  • Mathieu Chamberland said the league will impose a quota for Canadian players
  • La Presse says it looks like Ottawa Fury (USL) and FC Edmonton (former NASL) will join CPL in 2019 and the league will start with 8 teams

The rest is just information that we already know

Or you can look above at the Google translated quotes lol :)

Lost in all the brand launching, motto, manifesto, stadium leaks, CSA approval, logos, ownership clarification, website redesign, etc it must be pointed out that something has been missed.  Roy got his CPL wall picture on the website :)

Roy Headshot 4

32 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Lost in all the brand launching, motto, manifesto, stadium leaks, CSA approval, logos, ownership clarification, website redesign, etc it must be pointed out that something has been missed.  Roy got his CPL wall picture on the website :)

Roy Headshot 4

Are we going to turn CPL wall pics into some kind of pilgrimage?

4 hours ago, michaeltfc91 said:

Regarding York 9 event... Jimmy wants you there by 5pm, they are going to get set up, talk about the club / region. I believe official announcement is 5:30pm sharp and then also the announcement of the supporter group shortly after. Come support!

Thanks for the info!

6 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

No stream? THIS IS BUSH LEAGUE IT WILL FAIL!!

Nothing announced yet but hopefully. I asked on twitter and there is a camera there for it. Also PB and the league Instagram are posting stuff