CPL General

1 minute ago, Rheo said:

I don't think any of those people are actors.  Seems like it's all real people involved in the game somehow from what I've seen on Twitter.

As for the video I said that on Twitter, they hit the jackpot with the weather.  No way they could plan for that assuming it was scheduled well in advance.  Just sets the perfect tone for manifesto.  Even the background picture on the countdown clock was beautiful.

It was cold out and the snow really was fantastic.  Yes all soccer people, no actors. 

The biggest thing for me with this announcement is the countdown clock. No more "big announcement in 60-90 days". They have a plan and public commitment to make an announcement when that clocks winds down. I feel as though they won't want to risk missing any of those publically announced (via the countdown clock) deadlines. 

3 minutes ago, socceronly said:

Jesus, it's not fucking done to please you.  

It's not the new Avengers movie launch. 

If you want to be left behind, that's ok.  Go buy your ticats tickets.  But we are done with people who all they do is complain. 

You're right of course and I understand it's not all about me. Do I believe in this project and what it will do for our game in our country...Damn right I do. My problem is with the over-hype to an extremely underwhelming announcement. Will I support this league and my local team...Damn right I will. Like I said my previous statement is born more out of frustration with my current situation and the fact that I've waited patiently for decades for this to come to fruition.

As far as complaining on here:

a) I have a right to my opnion just like everyone else so bite me and

b)up to this point I have only ever complained about/to the naysayers on here (ie. BBtB for the most part) 

Just now, longlugan said:

You're right of course and I understand it's not all about me. Do I believe in this project and what it will do for our game in our country...Damn right I do. My problem is with the over-hype to an extremely underwhelming announcement. Will I support this league and my local team...Damn right I will. Like I said my previous statement is born more out of frustration with my current situation and the fact that I've waited patiently for decades for this to come to fruition.

As far as complaining on here:

a) I have a right to my opnion just like everyone else so bite me and

b)up to this point I have only ever complained about/to the naysayers on here (ie. BBtB for the most part) 

Apologies for being harsh.   I understand most of the concerns people have are actually a desire for this to succeed. 

4 minutes ago, HfxCeltic said:

The biggest thing for me with this announcement is the countdown clock. No more "big announcement in 60-90 days". They have a plan and public commitment to make an announcement when that clocks winds down. I feel as though they won't want to risk missing any of those publically announced (via the countdown clock) deadlines. 

The countdown appears to relate to this:

On 2018/04/23 at 8:13 PM, shermanator said:

Also, looks like we have a date for a York 9 announcement. TFC II, you are cordially not invited.

29 minutes ago, admin said:

We need to STOP being in tear down mode.  Switch to being  builders.  Do it in your fucking head, NOW.

Hello, socceronly, and welcome to the Voyageurs forum! Since you're new here why not buy tickets to an upcoming match or read about some of our history and Robert's book? I hope you enjoy your time here!

8 minutes ago, HfxCeltic said:

oh ya, and hopefully when that expires and York 9 is announced, the countdown clock will reset for saaaaay.....2 weeks.;)

We'll see what happens. Next weekend (May 4th-5th in Yellowknife) is the CSA AGM and that's the only time when new CSA members can normally be formally accepted into membership, so they really need 2 and ideally 4 of these type of announcements on that sort of timeline to reach 6 to 8 in numbers terms, if FC Edmonton and the Ottawa Fury who are already in the CSA join CanPL later.  We'll have a much clearer picture of what is happening very soon.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

1 minute ago, Rheo said:

Cue the response about how this is a just a con game and they're scrambling to fill the spots hence the countdowns....Oh wait it's already been said this morning lol

The countdowns are meant to pressure new potential owners to invest. As we know from the unparalleled insight posted by some here that this league is far from secure and may only have 2 teams. On top of that Roy and Paul were flying all over the country just a few weeks ago begging cities and groups to invest in teams.

/s