CPL General

18 minutes ago, Rheo said:

I want there to be a literal "insertcityname FC" team.  It could be the new "unattached FC" for us :)

“Unattached FC” is my vote. Make this happen Paul Beirne!! I have wanted to watch them play for years!

1 hour ago, Kent said:

So, did he announce he was leaving before it was announced that he was there? Or did I miss something?

That appears to be the gist of what has happened. It's only really significant and more than a humourous footnote if he was providing most of the money and given he's the VP rather than the owner of Telus that probably wasn't the case.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

Just reading between the lines here it seems that Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Halifax plus potentially (or maybe not) one other team have progressed to the point of trademarks.  This happened last year before just prior to announcing the last round of teams and the CanPL in total if you remember.    Maybe along with Ottawa we have our founding 7 teams

Edited by baulderdash77

13 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

Not a fan of this name

I believe that would be to represent the 9 areas within York Region - Markham, Vaughan, Aurora, Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Stouffville, King City, Georgina and East Gwillimbury. As a resident of the region I actually quite like the name and the idea of representing the whole region which borders north of Toronto. The only problem with this is that some of these regions are very far from Vaughan, if that's where the team will play - it's not the most central location for the region. But there really isn't a central stadium option that I'm aware of unless one gets built.

It’s not necessarily a city with PC as initials, but if it is, here is what I am finding through a quick search in Wikipedia.

Port Coquitlam (Vancouver)

Port Colborne (Niagara)

Port Credit (Mississauga)

Pointe-Claire (Montreal)

Port-Cartier (small town in Quebec, not near a big city)