CPL General

1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

I wonder what the non- believers are going to say now? :P

Well  just because it came from a main stream media member, talkidng to the commissioner of the league doesn't mean it's true. Have you seen the so called money that's allegedly being invested? I didn't think so.

Please note this is an attempt at humour before writing a ten paragraph rebuke about the contents of above.

Edited by Rheo

10 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Well  just because it came from a main stream media member, talkidng to the commissioner of the league doesn't mean it's true. Have you seen the so called money that's allegedly being invested? I didn't think so.

Please note this is an attempt at humour before writing a ten paragraph rebuke about the contents of above.

Clearly all of you naive proto-nationalists were too busy smoking the Devil's weed and listening to rock music to notice that David Clanachan is, in all likelihood,  an elaborately constructed sock puppet being controlled by Duane Rollins in an attempt to appear credible. Those of us realists know this because we saw the Toronto Blizzard that one time. 

Clearly we must turn and see the light that is USL. 

Therefore,  C̶a̶r̶t̶h̶a̶g̶e̶ CPL must be destroyed. 

3 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Clearly all of you naive proto-nationalists were too busy smoking the Devil's weed and listening to rock music to notice that David Clanachan is, in all likelihood,  an elaborately constructed sock puppet being controlled by Duane Rollins in an attempt to appear credible. Those of us realists know this because we saw the Toronto Blizzard that one time. 

Clearly we must turn and see the light that is USL. 

Therefore,  C̶a̶r̶t̶h̶a̶g̶e̶ CPL must be destroyed. 

JEEZZUUUS, Rollins and Clanachan even look alot alike......funny you never see them in the same room??  

2 hours ago, matty said:

yea but tim hortons is also hated as fuck right now in ontario (and likely other places) by young liberal leaning folks (aka the folks that typically like soccer)

i'm not saying it's bad to partner with tims (there already tim hortons field) but if people are as pissed as i was hearing this weekend it might be a rough start

for your reading pleasure https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wjppaw/canadians-are-mad-as-hell-at-tim-hortons

And not to get all patriotic, but I (and others I know) stopped going to Tims when it ceased being a Canadian company.  Now it's Robin's for me, which is still Canadian owned.  Not to say that Tims still doesn't cash in on the Canadianna image, but it now holds less currency with me.  

Just for the record - holy fuck yeah this is awesome.  Impatience was getting out of control, mine included.  Soooooo nice to have real news to chew on.  And the real news is great - from budgets, to mandated cancon, to the number of seriously interested cities, to the hires.

All of it.

Sweet.

9 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Clubs, not franchises. Pro/rel... It's a purist's dream

So how's this hybrid work then? Is there any room for single entity if it's clubs? Is it just semantics? Very curious

I mean, this isn't really that novel, the NASL said most of the same things. Some things are semantics and others are the realistic vision. We just have to hope the execution and unified direction is there.