CPL General

Doesn' everyone know where soccer comes from? England called Rugby Football and Football soccer around the time they were building colonies. That' why most of the commonwealth countries call it soccer and rugby turned into football in tbose countries yada yada. I won' bore people if it's common knowledge

Edited by SpursFlu

9 minutes ago, Tigers said:

Pretty solid actually.  I kinda like the red version better, but I guess if they started with only red they'd never be able to change that.

Brand-Story_CPL-Red2.jpg

In the write up on the logo they say that they will use the red for Canada and CONCACAF Champions League and V Cup semis/finals

Here's what they were filming at the Ontario Soccer Centre:

http://canpl.ca/video/manifesto

Nice branding but now what they need for 2019 to be a reality is 6 to 8 teams with signed stadium leases, something it should be remembered that even Hamilton, Edmonton and Halifax don't have in place yet. The ongoing will they won't they on a 2019 launch saga is going to drag on for quite a while yet I suspect, so making it look like a long drawn out countdown is the best they can do in PR terms at the moment. Suspect that the unveiling of York 9 is what is up next given the invites appear to be out in supporter group circles. Will be interesting to see if the CFL style marketing gets them anywhere with the traditional soccer demographics in the GTA given it hasn't been doing much for the Argos in recent times. Why watch Giovinco close to downtown when you can see the next Andrea Lombardo at Keele and Kirby? Suspect it might work better for them elsewhere somehow.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

Most underwhelming news ever. Why did they need a countdown clock for this? I personally don't give a shit about a league emblem or a manifesto in the form of a video. I know this league is going to happen but the way these guys string fans along waiting for some real news has reached almost unprecedented levels. Stop treating us like children and offering us an ice cream cone every few weeks/months. Until you have some real info to share...please STFU. Anyways...just my opinion. I'm not disappointed...I am actually pissed off.

Edited by longlugan

Glad to have a logo. Much more glad to have a countdown to a team announcement! Thanks for pointing it out, I had missed it on my phone. I like the video. Ledgerwood is the only pro player in there right? Or is there someone else in there that I should recognize?

19 minutes ago, longlugan said:

Most underwhelming news ever. Why did they need a countdown clock for this? I personally don't give a shit about a league emblem or a manifesto in the form of a video. I know this league is going to happen but the way these guys string fans along waiting for some real news has reached almost unprecedented levels. Stop treating us like children and offering us an ice cream cone every few weeks/months. Until you have some real info to share...please STFU. Anyways...just my opinion. I'm not disappointed...I am actually pissed off.

Well they have on the site that the first club announcement is in 2 weeks. I'd say that its likely that we start getting a steady stream of information now. It makes sense to announce everything slowly rather in one big go. It keeps the league in the news and attracts casuals

6 minutes ago, Kent said:

Glad to have a logo. Much more glad to have a countdown to a team announcement! Thanks for pointing it out, I had missed it on my phone. I like the video. Ledgerwood is the only pro player in there right? Or is there someone else in there that I should recognize?

According to the Sportsnet article, Allan Zebie is in it as well

17 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

Well they have on the site that the first club announcement is in 2 weeks. I'd say that its likely that we start getting a steady stream of information now. It makes sense to announce everything slowly rather in one big go. It keeps the league in the news and attracts casuals

To announce what...the first team? Wouldn't that be Winnipeg or Hamilton? So they'll announce the club logos for a team we already know exists. Big fucking whoop-dee-do. Then what...they reset the countdown clock so we can all stare it like sheep or cattle again? I've been eagerly anticipating the onset of this league essentially since the last one died in 1992. That's why I always called out BBtB because he thinks his negative viewpoints hold more weight because he was around back then and most on here weren't...but I was. And now to get led around by the nosehairs some more and hyping this shit endlessly with no actual newsworthy information is beyond frustrating. To all those directly involved with this league...stop insulting my intelligence and an all-inclusive 'Fuck You' to you all. I was planning to support my local team ( Hamilton btw) with season tickets but I think I'm going to just stick with my TiCat season tickets and watch TFC on tv.