Canadians abroad: May 26 - June 1, 2017

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for May 26 - June 1, 2017.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

27 minutes ago, canucklefan said:

In the Italian Serie A, Cristante started the match for Atalanta against Chievo. Atalanta is up 1 - 0 after 60 minutes and Cristante has an assist on that goal.

Atalanta with the 1-0 win. If lazio don't get a win Atalanta will finish 4th. Amazing season for them. 

Next year Italy gets 4 Champions League Places. Doubt Atalanta will be able to achieve another top 4 finish next year though. 

Checking TVG, the regional station, all their games this weekend are promotion 4th to 3rd tier: http://www.crtvg.es/deportes

Looking at the twitter account it does not seem they say anything about streaming it: 

https://twitter.com/ourense_cf?lang=es

Though I imagine the account will give regular match updates, as it is a big game for them. 

Here's an article from January on Andrew, he's still 19.

http://www.laregion.es/articulo/deporte-local/andrew-internacional-oira/20170105092415675821.html

Ourense has a small stadium that is old but quite nice, capacity 6000, they certainly have the size as a city and fan base to have a team a couple of divisions higher, Ourense is in fact a provincial capital.

aerea.jpg

37 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Checking TVG, the regional station, all their games this weekend are promotion 4th to 3rd tier: http://www.crtvg.es/deportes

Looking at the twitter account it does not seem they say anything about streaming it: 

https://twitter.com/ourense_cf?lang=es

Though I imagine the account will give regular match updates, as it is a big game for them. 

Here's an article from January on Andrew, he's still 19.

Ourense has a small stadium that is old but quite nice, capacity 6000, they certainly have the size as a city and fan base to have a team a couple of divisions higher, Ourense is in fact a provincial capital.

aerea.jpg

These are the kind of stadia that would be perfect for the CanPL.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

These are the kind of stadia that would be perfect for the CanPL.

Maybe a touch bigger, or a larger main stand. What is nice is a curved corner (I hate squared off corners, so architecturally inept). They could always add capacity on that open end.

In any case, in Galicia it rains a lot, so they often have English style stadiums, covered like this, like in the Basque Country too.

That is 3 starts in a row for Vitoria. Currently sitting in 4th place. Tied on points with the 2nd and 3rd placed teams at 41 points and only 2 points back of 1st and Champions league. Pretty crucial time for the club and great to see him get the starts. Makes him without a doubt one of our starting centre backs this summer. 

Big day for Canadian cb's

Vitoria got a nice assist on the fourth goal heading it back to the middle on a corner. The three other contenders also won but Gdansk can still finish first if they beat the leaders on the last matchday and the two others tie. But they would have a spot in europe league qualification round if they win regardless. 

Ourense CF and Andrew Lebre got promoted to the tercera 4th tier with a win. He started the game.

Skylar Thomas starting at lb for charleston

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

AJH won a penalty off of a break that was converted by Piatti

He then scored a very nice goal off a very nice Bernier pass.

Davies scored a very nice goal too.

Side note De Jong is painful to watch these days he is a shell of the player who was in the Bundesliga. I don't want to see him anymore with Canada.

11 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

He then scored a very nice goal off a very nice Bernier pass.

Davies scored a very nice goal too.

Side note De Jong is painful to watch these days he is a shell of the player who was in the Bundesliga. I don't want to see him anymore with Canada.

Was going to post same thing on De Jong. He looked really bad and has the last few times I have seen him play for Vancouver. Very disappointing 

I have adjusted my expectations of De Jong. Yes he is no longer the player he was in the Bundesliga, absolutely. The biggest thing is the pace he lost. It is the only part of his game that has dipped, but it's made a big difference. He was never considered to be a fast player, but he previously had enough pace to be efficient on both sides of the ball. Sadly, that is no longer the case, but I do think we need to slow down with the "I don't want to see him play for Canada" talk. The days where he was an automatic starter are coming to an end, but he is still good enough to be in the team. He is still an MLS player. He is not a starter but he can still fill in and do a decent job if called upon. Saying he shouldn't be anywhere near the national team is like saying Lefvere shouldn't be anywhere near the national team. Only slightly younger with far less experience and similar club minutes.

Lefevre with 26 minutes this season has no place in the national team. Probably called because montreal doesn't need him and another cb will be brought in later. At lb, de Jong still has a place in the national team but starting spot should be open for the best player to take it. Cordova should get a half there in the friendly as he has played there this season in his club

Archived