-St.John's

-Division II is sanctioned by the CSA

-Canadian Championship is renamed "Canada Cup"

-Division II is renamed "Canadian Championship"

-CPL accepting applications for "The Championship"

-Championship clubs are announced 

-Canadian Championship launches

-3 years are given to Championship to stabilize/adjust

-TV rights are up, MediaPro having a cable station and acquired most leagues TV rights wins TV rights to CSB Content

-Pro/Rel between Premier League and Championship implemented

Post 2030

-Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver expansion due to CONCACAF ending MLS sanction in Canada

-Former MLS owners negotiate entry directly into the Premier League...drama...to be continued 

Edited by Ansem

13 minutes ago, Ansem said:

The way they've been hyping this, anything short of a billion would be a disappointment.

Thinking that the NHL is getting $200M per year for 10 years ($2B) until 2021 (since 2011)...how much does MLS really hopes to get? Their viewership are certainly lower than the NHL.

I think they want the "billion" figure, even it means over at least 10 years if not more.

MLS

$100M per year ÷ 30 teams (by 2022) = $3.3M per teams

But the kicker?

CFL

CFL new TV deal is near $50M per year ÷ 7 clubs = ~ $7M per teams or US$5.2M . 😂

CFL has 9 clubs (hopefully 10 (Halifax) soon).  PS  Probably a typo error on your part.

21 minutes ago, dnina10 said:

Switch Kitchener-Waterloo with Saskatoon, otherwise I agree with you

Done and yeah I agree

I thought Belan was aiming for 2022 so maybe I misheard. As for KW, I think it's close to being done deal and the turnaround for renovation can be don rather quickly. Depends how fast they get the funds so good switch

Edited by Ansem

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

1-Quebec City

2-Saskatoon

You forgot this part ...

Summer 2020

CPL releases a teaser video on Twitter, where a group of fans wearing various CPL kit walk into an elevator. Now zoom to the elevator panel where you see someone pressing the ‘8’. As the elevator door closes, an outsider’s hand blocks the door, and a black-clad individual walks into the elevator. Now zoom to the elevator panel again, as the stranger’s finger hovers ever-so-temporarily over the ‘9’, but then slowly moves up and presses ‘10’.

image.gif.80eaaf4d327a81575870e76988c5d0f9.gif

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

So Ottawa is done!

My prediction for

1-Quebec City

2-Saskatoon

-Kitchener-Waterloo

-Laval

-MediaPro wins the TV rights to MLS

-Fraser Valley

-Mississauga

-Moncton

-St.John's

-TV rights are up, MediaPro having a cable station and acquired most leagues TV rights wins TV rights to CSB Content

Post 2030

-Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver expansion due to CONCACAF ending MLS sanction in Canada

-Former MLS owners negotiate entry directly into the Premier League...drama...to be continued 

Why so pessimistic? Is everything OK Ansem?

15 hours ago, Ansem said:

So Ottawa is done!

My prediction for

1-Quebec City

2-Saskatoon

-Kitchener-Waterloo

-Laval

-MediaPro wins the TV rights to MLS

-Fraser Valley

-Mississauga

-Moncton

-St.John's

Post 2030

I agree with you for the most part until 2025.  Not so sure about forming a D2 Canadian Championship because I do NOT think there will be many other teams that can withstand coast to coast travel after the 16 teams you initially posted.   What other teams can really make up this D2??

1 hour ago, Impactsupporter said:

I agree with you for the most part until 2025.  Not so sure about forming a D2 Canadian Championship because I do NOT think there will be many other teams that can withstand coast to coast travel after the 16 teams you initially posted.   What other teams can really make up this D2??

If you make it regional like the CHL and end the season with a Memorial Cup between the league's champion, that's doable.

The timing is good as the 2026 World Cup will have concluded in Canada, this will be the post-World Cup high...perfect time to launch a D2 right after the tournament during that high

(just throwing names-no predictions)

Pacific*

Victoria

Kelowna

Nanaimo

Tie-Cities (Including Cocquitlam area) over 200k

Surrey

Metro Vancouver team(s)

Elsewhere BC (Kamloops, Chiliwack etc.)

Whitecaps II

Prairies*

Somewhere Metro Edmonton

Somewhere Metro Calgary

Somewhere Winnipeg Metro

Other Alberta team (Lethbridge, Red Deer etc)

Regina

Thunder Bay

*Combined like the WHL or slit in 2

Ontario

Windsor
Niagara Region (St. Catharines)
London
Guelph
Halton Region (Oakville)
Brampton
Barrie
Scarborough
North York
Etobicoke
Kingston
Toronto FC II
Durham Region
Peterborough

Quebec-Atlantic

Gatineau
Longueuil
Sherbrooke
Saguenay
Blainville-Laurentides
West Island Montreal (Pointe-Claire)
Montreal Impact II at UdeM Stadium
Trois-Rivières
Levis

Charlottetown

Somewhere in NB

Somewhere in NS

Edited by Ansem

St Catherines would be the natural one for this rumour in terms of Canadian soccer history (Tomasz Radzinski played for St Catherines Roma before moving to Germinal Ekeren and they were a mainstay in the NSL and CPSL/CSL for decades), but probably isn't the market the have in mind:

Suspect Laval would be viewed as a good place to be from a youth academy standpoint and groups like this would be steered towards Quebec in the first instance.

17 hours ago, IAmPappy said:

You forgot this part ...

Summer 2020

CPL releases a teaser video on Twitter, where a group of fans wearing various CPL kit walk into an elevator. Now zoom to the elevator panel where you see someone pressing the ‘8’. As the elevator door closes, an outsider’s hand blocks the door, and a black-clad individual walks into the elevator. Now zoom to the elevator panel again, as the stranger’s finger hovers ever-so-temporarily over the ‘9’, but then slowly moves up and presses ‘10’.

image.gif.80eaaf4d327a81575870e76988c5d0f9.gif

Here's a related riddle: they will eventually announce a fourteenth team but the league will only have 13 teams. Why?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

There are multiple locations that have near suitable stadia but don't necessarily have local owners. Moncton, St John's, and Regina jump to mind (with some investment in the pitch and other areas). It would be crazy to not at least explore populating these.

Would a club like AS Roma want to be out in Stompin Tom Connors sort of territory? You have to see it from their angle as well. They would probably want to be in a market with a lot of people from an Italian background where a youth academy operation might uncover the next Alphonso Davies. 

9 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Alphonso Davies is from Edmonton and not particularly Italian.

Well aware of that and not sure what your point is supposed to be. The two things I mentioned were not directly linked to each other. A possible apparent pathway to Serie A won't just be appealing to players from an Italian background, and you need to be in the larger cities like the three MLS markets, Edmonton and Ottawa with the most recent immigration to have the best shot at finding the best soccer prospects in a Canadian context.

I have no problem with Roma investing in CPL, but if it's going to be a club called Roma,....ie Saskatoon Roma or Fraser Valley Roma, etc,.......I think that's complete crap and will turn off many people.

In fact, many of my die-hard Italian friends would probably not support the club because they are not Roma supporters.

Edited by Winnipeg Fury

58 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Here's a related riddle: they will eventually announce a fourteenth team but the league will only have 13 teams. Why?

To make it an even number of teams and a balanced schedule, they would announce 14th and 15th at the same time, si? Unless of course Sunderland decides to operate a CPL club, in which case maybe the Black Cats would be happy to be the 13th and take the stairs.

Edited by RickC