CPL new teams speculation

What do u want him to say?? Oh it looks good, qoute a timeline and then negative nelly's shit all over him.  What's not to understand, there is interest (we all know that), there are guys closer than others, and probably even groups trying to get something done this fall, but he's not going to announce anything until its in the bag.  Enjoy the finals, then the silly season full of BS rumors of signings, and the usports draft etc.  

32 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

What do u want him to say?? Oh it looks good, qoute a timeline and then negative nelly's **** all over him.  What's not to understand, there is interest (we all know that), there are guys closer than others, and probably even groups trying to get something done this fall, but he's not going to announce anything until its in the bag.  Enjoy the finals, then the silly season full of BS rumors of signings, and the usports draft etc.  

I mean, he did repeatedly say that season one would have 8-10 teams.  So no, it's not easy by any means.  But it at least raises an eyebrow that they won't have an 8th team for year 2 either, let alone 9 and 10.

Without any concrete knowledge (which puts me in good company on this board) I predict “CDN Don Garber” will announce a new team on Saturday’s Finals or make a Duane Rollins announcement of “tada - no new team for 2020”. 
this “nth” version of a national league has come off as credible, without being reckless, in its launch, promotion and delivery. It’s only season fucking #1. And if teams get small dedicated crowds to start, better that, than posers. Happy for Calvary and Forge (which sounds like a Game if Thrones Final) to achieve what they did outside CPL. 
winter is coming, which only means on thing ... the CPL Grand Final

1 hour ago, nighttrain said:

Without any concrete knowledge (which puts me in good company on this board) I predict “CDN Don Garber” will announce a new team on Saturday’s Finals or make a Duane Rollins announcement of “tada - no new team for 2020”. 
this “nth” version of a national league has come off as credible, without being reckless, in its launch, promotion and delivery. It’s only season ******* #1. And if teams get small dedicated crowds to start, better that, than posers. Happy for Calvary and Forge (which sounds like a Game if Thrones Final) to achieve what they did outside CPL. 
winter is coming, which only means on thing ... the CPL Grand Final

So just to be clear - you are going out on a limb to predict that there either will be another team next year or there will not be another team next year.

Bold :)

12 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

This is all so silly. I really can't imagine someone has quit the Board because of Ozzie. I mean, the baord has ignore functions and he posts pretty much in five key topics and that's it.

The posts have been toned down a lot lately.  I know he was spoken to about it in the past.  When CPL was first getting underway, and he was posting under another name, the constant negativity towards  the undertaking (and the endless repetition of specific trolling talking points) absolutely drove people away from the board.     

17 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

This is all so silly. I really can't imagine someone has quit the Board because of Ozzie. I mean, the baord has ignore functions and he posts pretty much in five key topics and that's it.

Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it doesn't bother others 

Weren't their Cavalry fans that confirmed he was the reason they left?

To be balanced, I think the exodus was also impacted by the bickering that ensued.  There was a lot of personal attacks that resulted from it and this place got a bit toxic for a while. 

Like I said, things have toned down quite a bit, but we absolutely did lose people because of the tone of discussion - much of which had those posts at their root.

1 minute ago, The Real Marc said:

I'm surprised. Have we ever taken stock of how many people have been driven away from the board by excessive positivity from happy clappers and lack of critical analysis?

If the goal is to have a booster board, have a booster board.

People were highly critical of Herdman until last week, including myself. In any of the threads I never felt threatened or insulted by the people I disagreed with.

But look at OTP's post in the TFC thread. its a totally unwarranted condescending attack on fans of the CPL.

13 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

I'm surprised. Have we ever taken stock of how many people have been driven away from the board by excessive positivity from happy clappers and lack of critical analysis?

If the goal is to have a booster board, have a booster board.

It is a soccer supporter's site.  I highly doubt people are being driven away en masse because some people are too positive.

Anywho, I was here when those discussion were happening.  I felt the extreme frustration of having a "supporter" rip and criticize everything that was being discussed about CPL.  I know people who have stopped coming here because it was toxic.  Believe it - or don't.  I don't really care.