CPL new teams speculation

Just now, ted said:

I found this article interesting in light of all the speculation on using Lamport as a Toronto CanPL venue:

Rugby has no competition while a soccer team would be next door to TFC. That's very risky...

I'd prefer Varsity or York Lions Stadium once York9 leaves for Vaughan to establish a North York Team

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

Rugby has no competition while a soccer team would be next door to TFC. That's very risky...

I was just interested in the comments on Lamport as a facility. The idea of competing against TFC is certainly crazy risky.

44 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I'd prefer Varsity or York Lions Stadium once York9 leaves for Vaughan to establish a North York Team

What if you could merge all the various Toronto ethnic teams (Toronto Croatia, Serbian White Eagles, Ukraine United, etc) and form one Toronto team - Inter-Toronto - which could play at Varsity or York Lions Stadium??    At the same time you could abolish the unsanctioned CSL (plagued by a match fixing scandal)

Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Impactsupporter said:

What if you could merge all the various Toronto ethnic teams (Toronto Croatia, Serbian White Eagles, Ukraine United, etc) and form one Toronto team - Inter-Toronto - which could play at Varsity or York Lions Stadium??    At the same time you could abolish the unsanctioned CSL (plagued by a match fixing scandal)

Just a thought.

Toronto Croatia doesn't exist anymore and the other teams play in a league that only exists for the overseas betting. There is no community involment or fans.

21 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Claims on reddit that Fraser Valley has just been finalized:

That's the sixth or seventh completely unsubstantiated time it's been finalized since May.

Please excuse me while I wait for something concrete before getting more excited for Pacific FC having a more natural rival.

Still, with both Laval & Saskatchewan now firmly delayed until 2021, they would appear the front-runner.

2 hours ago, Rintaran said:

That's the sixth or seventh completely unsubstantiated time it's been finalized since May.

Please excuse me while I wait for something concrete before getting more excited for Pacific FC having a more natural rival.

Given the sources we have heard from the question of the FV team is when, not if. I'm not at all convinced they can be up and running for 2020, but 2021, we are doing road trips!

32 minutes ago, Viruk42 said:

I feel bad because I want to support Duane, he's one of the few guys in this country doing what he does but the majority of the podcast, when I used to listen, was opinion and as much as I like him, I'm not going to pay for his opinion.

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I feel bad because I want to support Duane, he's one of the few guys in this country doing what he does but the majority of the podcast, when I used to listen, was opinion and as much as I like him, I'm not going to pay for his opinion.

I liked reading his articles, but podcasts (in my very limited experience with them) are too much of a time sink in my opinion. It's padded with conversational stuff and impossible to google the info you heard later on. Plus it sucks for linking saying "This here says the MediaPro deal is for $200 million!"

I supported him when he was writing articles by way of a donation towards this site, but I didn't follow him to podcasts.

FFS, "highly unlikely a new team" from some goober on reddit that may or may not have heard the podcast.  This is news? No team for next year is barely CPL expansion news.  Did anyone actually listen and have any real feedback as to what was said??