CPL Stadiums Thread

LAK

54 minutes ago, admin said:

Founder's Plaza, in Calgary....   I doubt the Hamilton name is still that, but if is....... all the lolz. 

That made me laugh too. Shermanator did say something about being welcoming to opposition fans, but naming their square after another team... that's hospitality!  

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, zen said:

This has gotta be the worst stadium in the league. With one of the stands so far from the field, fans will be very detached...

The pillars in front of the main grandstand will also partially obscure at least one of the goalmouths for a lot of spectators. This is clearly a showjumping facility first with soccer as an extra add on. Hopefully it works given how difficult it is to find suitable midsized stadia in Canada, but Spruce Meadows didn't do themselves any favours with the ticket pricing, which is a bit of a red flag that the owners may not understand what tends to work in a soccer rather than a showjumping context and are looking to make a quick buck more than anything else.

3 hours ago, Ansem said:

I like that there is some uniqueness to each stadium. In some sense this gives a little history to the league right out of the gate. I feel the same with Westhills and Wanderer's Grounds.

Archived