CPL Shitposts

matty

4 minutes ago, shermanator said:

EXCITING FAN ANNOUNCEMENTS!

@Benjamin Massey is excited to announce he will assume the role of "face of the CPL". 

@rob.notenboom is excited to announce he will assume the role of "beard of the CPL".

@Tuscan is excited to announce he will assume the role of "chest of the CPL".

Not sure. I think @Benjamin Massey has me beaten on the 'beard of the CanPL' contest. 

4 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

BREAKING: The Toronto CanPL team ownership group is... Nicole and Bruno Hartrell.

That's impossible cause I'm the owner. I'm starting a Patreon with a goal of $150,000 a game so donate now. 

Obligatory "Suck it" post:

Back in 2005, when MLS in Toronto was announced, I was vocal in my opposition to t he move. Even believing that there would be more value from MLS than was actually delivered, I did not think the obstacles MLS would pose to the development of a Canadian league was worth it. You know the reasons, as they were parroted back as to why CAnPL can't work by the folk who believe a Canadian league will never work. I believed, as I still do, that Canada wa stripe for a league in the decade, and was not at all surprised, although saddened, to watch a brach plant league capitalize instead. 

The one counter argument that I had to grudgingly concede was the absence of owners willing to step into the breach. To which my reply was, maybe not now, but what about in a decade? Well, here we are...

I took a lot of abuse at the time - from a handful, by no means the majority - with some even feeling that private messages through Big Soccer (not available on this site) were an appropriate vehicle by which to make particularly nasty observations as to my intelligence, birthright and my apparently striking resemblance to body parts normally associated with procreation and/or bowel movements. This league has yet to play a game and has only two confirmed teams, but I think it now obvious that it's gonna happen. And it will be successful overall.

1 hour ago, Gordon said:

Obligatory "Suck it" post:

Back in 2005, when MLS in Toronto was announced, I was vocal in my opposition to t he move. Even believing that there would be more value from MLS than was actually delivered, I did not think the obstacles MLS would pose to the development of a Canadian league was worth it. You know the reasons, as they were parroted back as to why CAnPL can't work by the folk who believe a Canadian league will never work. I believed, as I still do, that Canada wa stripe for a league in the decade, and was not at all surprised, although saddened, to watch a brach plant league capitalize instead. 

The one counter argument that I had to grudgingly concede was the absence of owners willing to step into the breach. To which my reply was, maybe not now, but what about in a decade? Well, here we are...

I took a lot of abuse at the time - from a handful, by no means the majority - with some even feeling that private messages through Big Soccer (not available on this site) were an appropriate vehicle by which to make particularly nasty observations as to my intelligence, birthright and my apparently striking resemblance to body parts normally associated with procreation and/or bowel movements. This league has yet to play a game and has only two confirmed teams, but I think it now obvious that it's gonna happen. And it will be successful overall.

Post of the week. 

18 hours ago, Gopherbashi said:

I think you're reading into that a bit too much.

I don't know.  Ricketts has clearly torn off his jersey in disgust, and is trying to help Edwards remove his since he obviously shares the disdain for it.  For the purposes of this thread, I don't think it could be any clearer.

15 hours ago, matty said:

Hamilton should name their team after the most iconic 90s kid show

51fZJ2b2LeL.jpg

Wiki says the venerable hamster dates back to the late 1950s!  So yeah Hamilton, do the right thing.

HAMMY TIME!

BOOM! Sources seconds ago confirm to me that Hamilton's first CPL manager will be none other than Hamilton Steelers and Hamilton Academical legend, COLIN MILLER! Miller was excited to make the move "I thought I might as well go for the Hamilton trifecta as a player, player-manager and now manager of Hamilton".

It is also expected that Miller will sign Brazillian 5th division sensation Paulinho. When asked about Paulinho, Miller stated "Based on his YouTube videos, I'm absolutely certain this kid will be a start in the league."

• 4 weeks later...

Drunk thought while packing for my 2 day trip to Montreal: Someone involved with CPL should hire Kevin Hartman to run an academy. He's experienced and it would be a big fuck you to not only steal an academy director from the club but also to the league as he's their #1 appearance leader.

1 hour ago, matty said:

Drunk thought while packing for my 2 day trip to Montreal: Someone involved with CPL should hire Kevin Hartman to run an academy. He's experienced and it would be a big fuck you to not only steal an academy director from the club but also to the league as he's their #1 appearance leader.

He is currently head of the LA Galaxy girls academy, and has two young daughters playing there. He also turned down a position within the FC Dallas academy (which would have been an amazing stepping stone) to move back to LA.

It would probably take a rather large sum of money to pry him from California. But I agree, all-time great MLSer with experience in two of the most successful academies in MLS? Sign me up.

Archived