Constructive CPL thread

1 hour ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Is beIn available without a cable package though? Ie. can I pay to stream from their website?

If not you are keeping it away from a major demographic.. Thinking through my circles, maybe only 5% still have cable tv.

Yes, pretty sure it has standalone streaming subscription for $20/mth

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mpg_29 said:

Yes, pretty sure it has standalone streaming subscription for $20/mth

They definitely have a standalone month by month streaming package and in my experience, the streaming package is the better deal.  You get access to games that don't air on the main channel.  Initially I had the tv package, but now I only do streaming.  It is cheaper if you buy the whole year access, put if like me you only want period access, the month to month is quite economical.

13 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Is beIn available without a cable package though? Ie. can I pay to stream from their website?

If not you are keeping it away from a major demographic.. Thinking through my circles, maybe only 5% still have cable tv.

Yep, beIN has an online-only package, perfect for laptops/tablets/smartphones, it's called beINSports Connect and it's pretty goddamn awesome. And I'm cancelling it today for the summer since the European season is over lol.

25 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

Yep, beIN has an online-only package, perfect for laptops/tablets/smartphones, it's called beINSports Connect and it's pretty goddamn awesome. And I'm cancelling it today for the summer since the European season is over lol.

I wish that beIN had the option to sign in with your cable provider like Sportsnet World has for example. It's annoying that I pay for it on TV I can't watch online and if I pay for the online, I can't watch it on TV.

7 minutes ago, Fussball_eh said:

I wish that beIN had the option to sign in with your cable provider like Sportsnet World has for example. It's annoying that I pay for it on TV I can't watch online and if I pay for the online, I can't watch it on TV.

Agreed, put that on twitter, and I'll RT it.

Why dont you ask them about CPL while you're at it too :D

3 hours ago, ironcub14 said:

but if it ever got CPL games you'd basically have to keep it year round...

From purely a cord cutters/streaming service perspective..its hard for me to say which I'd prefer to buy/which would be better for potential CPL watchers...beIN Connect or SportsNet Now.

beIN is cheaper and is geared towards soccer fans...SportsNet Now which is basically Hockey, Baseball although also has Premier league games.

41 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

From purely a cord cutters/streaming service perspective..its hard for me to say which I'd prefer to buy/which would be better for potential CPL watchers...beIN Connect or SportsNet Now.

beIN is cheaper and is geared towards soccer fans...SportsNet Now which is basically Hockey, Baseball although also has Premier league games.

honestly if the choice was between these two at some sort of cost to the league don't even bother. the intent of TV is very much to get the product to casuals who may not be exposed to it. hardcores and more interested parties will be fine with streaming. If they were willing to do it for free then sure, but if it was like early MLS with a pay to broadcast model there would be no point in putting it somewhere casuals would never see it.

6 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

honestly if the choice was between these two at some sort of cost to the league don't even bother. the intent of TV is very much to get the product to casuals who may not be exposed to it. hardcores and more interested parties will be fine with streaming. If they were willing to do it for free then sure, but if it was like early MLS with a pay to broadcast model there would be no point in putting it somewhere casuals would never see it.

which is why i stated "From purely a cord cutters/streaming service perspective"

1 hour ago, mpg_29 said:

Oh for sure we'd want CPL on Sportsnet over beIN, so it'd be Sportsnet Now over beIN Connect.

Now for something constructive after my unconstructive Anchorman quote.  It might be helpful if we all make sure we hit the CPL website everyday.  They aren't updating it much since launch but I'm sure the traffic numbers will be important to advertisers/sponsors/media partners, etc.  I've tried to go everyday to the main one and the fan section.

Archived